2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Kelley Blue Book Retail

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best car I have yet to own

by Car buyer from Brooklyn ny | January 2, 2014

I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DEALERS BUT I MUST SAY THAT MY EXPIERIENCE AT VANBRO MOTORS WAS AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE. THE SALESMAN MARK, WAS VERY CURTIOUS AND PROFFESIONAL WITH ME, AND MY COMPLETE PURCHASE TRANSACTION, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND VANBRO MOTORS TO ANYONE LOOKING TO PURCHASE A QUALITY VEHICLE.

2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee

by Saver 147 from Salisbury, MD | February 6, 2013

Love this JEEP! My wife still drives her 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 200K mils still no issues. The thing WILL NOT DIE. I wanted a newer version with all the bells but not a car payment. So I found a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 98K on it for 6K. Leather, sun roof, every option available. This Jeep runs great, looks new. Thank you Cars.Com for your help locating it.

A surprise and a blessing.

by Chryslerfan94 from PA | July 16, 2012

Being 18, I was lucky to have a car at all. My 2002 Pontiac Montana DIED on me after spending $2300 repairing the engine. I decided to get a new car, but being 18 I have little to no credit. I tried everywhere to get a car loan and was denied everywhere. I went to a small dealership owned by a very kind elderly man in his 70's. He tried very hard for me and had me test drive a Dodge Journey. I was denied for the Journey but the old man didn't give up for me, he had me test drive a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I fell in love with. I had to have this Jeep. I was too turned down for the Jeep at the price of $8500. The elderly man tried so hard and kept trying until he dropped the price to $5800 which got me approved. The Jeep has been the best car I have ever driven. I have had ZERO problems with it. The 4.0 gets about 21 mpg which is very good by my standards. I will be buying a 2011 Grand Cherokee soon but I'm still keeping my 2003. I would recommend the Grand Cherokee to anybody, it just keeps going and refuses to let me down.

i love my baby!

by thatgirlcare from Murland | April 30, 2012

My dad bought my jeep new in 2003,when i was 7. at first, i didnt like it because he had just sold his truck that i loved. regardless, this has been the best suv to come into our family. this car has been so good that my dad is trusting enough of the car to give it to me. it just hit 60,000 miles and my dad has kept it in tip-top condition. my baby runs amazing. the only major thing we have had to replace was the window motors, but it was on two different times. if you ever get the chance to either ride in one or own one, you wont regret that chance. it also goes on the beach with no problems, we dont even need the 4 wheel drive. i honestly love my jeep and plan on getting my kids jeeps when they are old enough to drive. this is one of the best cars. actually the whole jeep line is amazing. after i get out of nursing school, i plan on getting a wrangler as well as keeping my jeep!

It saved, and wow'd me

by then its too late from missouri | January 9, 2012

I would recomend this car to anyone looking for a good all around vehicle. The model i have is the 03 limited and im not going to tell you how much i like it but that if i had been driving my previous car that my experience would have been devastating. I hit a curb going roughly 45 mph due to somone failing to use their mirror to change lanes, anyway i hit the curb got out of my car and told the person that was responsible for my split decision that i was ok and i asked that he'd consider looking before switching lanes. I returned to my vehicle to learn that both my tires would need replacement as well as an alignment, but if thats the price i have to pay to continue to keep this vehicle in its proper operating condition, thats fine. Thanks to the clearence given to me as well as the recirculated ball-steering i came out of this accident just a little shaken.

Great SUV

by Jeeper from Wisconsin | November 22, 2011

I've only had this Jeep for a few months, but the ride quality and handling is great for an SUV. Love the styling inside and out as well. I was thinking of going to an 05 with similar mileage, but I just like the looks of these more. Which is funny since the 2011's look a lot like the 99-04 models.

Love it!!

by HaoleBoy from Honolulu, Hi | May 18, 2011

I bought this from a dealership. Went to see it and fell in love with it instantly. The vehicle ran great. Has lots of power, the interior was in excellent shape. There were a few add ons to the Jeep. After market lamps, tinted windows, those little rain gaurds above the windows. Engine cleaned. New tires. The handling of the Jeep is great. It handles like a car, very nimble and repsonsive. Doesn't feel like a heavy truck. Lots of room on the inside for gear. Back seats a little tight for a 6' man. But all in all, a great ride and I would recommend this to anyone.

No substitute for a Jeep!!!!!!!

by dog from wisconsin | December 2, 2010

I' ve owned 3 jeep Grand Cherokee's over the years, a bravada, a 4-runner and a explorer. The Jeeps are the most comfortable and the most enjoyable of all the others. They have the best 4-wheel drive, and suspension systems. I never had any major problems with any of them. If you plan on using it off road alot, make sure it is trail rated, there is a badge on the front fender which states it is trail rated. It gives you a 4wd low, which is needed in heavy mud, or crawling over tree stumps or rocks. Plus its a great ride on the highway, It does about 20mpg on the highway and about 16mpg in town. Thanks all for reading, just my point of view.

I call it my Heep (Heep of Junk!)

by Kim from Naperville, IL | January 8, 2010

We bought this vehicle new and have had problems ever since. The brakes go out very quickly, 2 window motors have been replaced, Transmission had to be rebuild after 2 years (Same thing happened to my sister-in-law's mother's Jeep), Check engine light keeps coming on, the fan relay switch keeps going out every 6-mnths causing the vehicle to overheat and now there is a short somewhere in the vehicle. I am sorry we wasted our money. I would never recommend this vehicle to anyone. We are so tired of the repairs, we are now looking to replace the vehicle with a more reliable and fuel efficient one.

Questionable vehicle

by 03 Grand Cherokee from Wisconsin | September 22, 2009

Fan relay replaced twice, passenger window fell down into door, rust forming under rubber guard on windows, brake problems, check engine lights, what next??? I love the Jeep but probably the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

Featured Services for this Jeep Grand Cherokee