2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Available in 6 styles:  2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Favorite vehicle

by LoveMyJeep from Massachusetts | August 26, 2014

I always wanted a Jeep and in 2004 I was able to finally purchase a new Grand Cherokee Limited. August of 2014 my favorite vehicle. Couple minor issues, the driver side wiring did go bad but was an easy repair. The Engine light as others have detailed coming on and off is simply the gas cap design. You need to pay attention when putting it back in after refueling. If not tight the check engine light will come on, but a very simple item to figure out and deal with. 194K and still purrs like a kitten. I use the V-8 to haul my boat with complete ease. Travel up and down 95 every month in a smooth and comfortable vehicle with ample space for luggage and dog. Highly recommend a Jeep. Never own a car again !

Uses car for Towing

Not bad, Not Great

by Mike from Canada | February 20, 2014

Had this car until this week. Got rid of it with 261,000 KM on it. The Jeep Cherokee took a beating from me. Around the 170,000 KM range it started to rust and begun falling apart. Gas mileage on the 4.0 L 6cyl was not great. it was fairly reliable and maybe could have got 300,000 KM out of it.

safe

by survivor from | February 15, 2014

I was t boned by some lady not watching the lights. She was going 70mph when she hit my jeep. I spun twice and rolled Iinto the ditch but ended up withput a scratch . The jeep saved my life. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a safe suv. and I would get another one any day and most people wouldn't step neer a car they could have got killed in but I honestly would feel safe. Great jeep and I miss it.

Wonderful vehicle

by Great powerful Jeep from Philadelphia, PA | September 30, 2013

Great performance vehicle. Very stable, great for a family of 5. Strong engine, smart transmission 5 stars

Uses car for Off-roading

Not as good as my 2003 Jeep

by Unwilling Buyer from Fairfax, VA | August 26, 2013

This Jeep doesn't seem to drive as well as the 2003 one I owned before. It doesn't have a sunroof, but it has window guards so you can roll your windows down partially when it's raining. We bought it for the 4 wheel drive feature to help us get through snow, mud or whatever else we might need it for.

my first 4wd vehicle

by Roofloc30 from Parryville, Pa | May 9, 2013

Just today 5/9/13 bought a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd from Montgomeryville,Nissan in Montgomeryville, Pa. Previously had 02 concorde lxi, loved it, but was in an accident and had to replace it fast. Always liked the Grand Cherokees but never found at the right price with decent mileage. On cars.com I found Montgomeryville Nissan and my Grand Cherokee with good mileage and an even better price. I live over an hour away and had no way to get to the dealership, they provided me with shuttle service and in no time at all I was driving home in my Grand Cherokee, it was by far the best car buying experience I had in my life. Anybody needing a vehicle should absolutely stop by and talk to these people. From Tery Jurczak my salesperson ,Drew Pearlman sales manager(who got my deal done with a great rate) and Steve Natale Business manager whom I signed the deal with, you guys were great thanks again for everything, when I do decide to ge a 2nd vehicle I will be back. If I had to rate my overall experience at Montgomeryville Nissan from 1 to 10 they would get a 20.

Reliable

by dizmo from woddbridge,va | September 15, 2012

i love the vehicle and the price was good, i also the payment. i told them i need something under $400

I love this jeep!

by Soccer Mom from Alexandria, VA | September 5, 2012

I am shopping for a jeep and I found this beautiful Laredo at Red Tag. I was looking to spend so much more, but the dealer offered me a great price! I am in love with Jeeps and test drove the Laredo which was very clean, no mechanical problems and comfortable. I have children, so my boys are going to love this SUV!!! Spacious trunk for all of my boys' toys! Impressed with the warranty. The stress of sitting at a dealership to purchase a vehicle was relieved because everything is ready to go. Can't wait til I finalize my purchase!

Trail Rated Might Be Over-Statement

by Consumer from Webster, NY | March 22, 2012

I owned a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee for 5 years, and the suspension made annoying creaking sounds the entire time, no matter how many times I brought it to the dealer. Also, the wiring in the driver side door fatigued and broke. The wiring seemed excessively rigid. I also had an erroneous check engine light that came and went. Besides these issues, it was a good truck, really held it's value since I paid a little over 16k for it in 2007 and now the dealer has it listed at 11k in 2012.

Most reliable car I've owned

by Jeep Gal from New Mexico | March 12, 2012

I love my Jeep! This is the 2nd one I have owned, and will never drive anything else but a Jeep! I love the power and so comforable.