2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Fabulous

by Rooster from Greenwood, Indiana | June 19, 2014

A great vehicle absolutely love it. I'll never own anything but a jeep. Very reliable dependable vehicle. Fun to drive.

Awesome Jeep

by MPC from Colorado Springs, CO | May 31, 2014

This Jeep has been great for me. The Hemi power is awesome and it is bar none the best vehicle I have ever driven in the Colorado snow. Also, this thing has the best turning radius for a SUV. It is very fun to drive.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

My first vehicle

by Girl loves Jeeps from Fremont, OH | February 17, 2014

Very good Jeep! I have a 4.7L V8 4WD 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It is very comfortable, the heated leather seats are relaxing and it doesn't take long for it to warm up when it's cold outside. The navigation radio is great and fun, something I've never had before. It's got lots of space for storing things and is a great family SUV, though it only seats 5 people total. Jeeps are customizable I've noticed so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an option for third row seats. I'm so happy to have it!

Nice, but unreliable

by 05 jeep from NY | October 27, 2013

We loved our 05 grand Cherokee until we encountered many issues. They began to happen around the 70k mark. initially, the issue was due to the automatic headlights. Jeep replaced the switch 3 times and it did not stop. We could not use the auto headlights. they would constantly flash. Then, around the 120k mark, the car would just stop running at 70 mph! That was the last straw. We just traded it in on a 2013 honda pilot.

durrible little maintenance needed

by daily road distance from Kansas City, MO | September 12, 2013

This 05 3.7 of mine I've had since 09, bought it with 35000 on it and had to have the transmission rebuilt due to water getting in to transmission (was a recall on the transmission dipstick tube coming loose from transmission so it was free) have been running with no issues besides the normal brakes every 35000-40000, and fluid changes. It just hit 200,000 and the heater core began to leak, little to my knowledge that it was, but then found out when I overheated and caused head gasket to break. Overall this has been the best jeep I have ever had, very dependable, those of you who try to complain about location of where the heater core is (behind the dash) need to realize that is the location where most vehicles have it located. I am expecting to get many more years and miles out of it.

JUNK

by huckster from | August 15, 2013

The 3.7 is junk dash has to be taken out to replace heater core ,junk ,new dodge trucks made in Mexico ,keep it I guess I will buy Korean or japanese

Dependable and nice ride

by Robert from CT | August 12, 2013

I purchased new the 2005 Grand Cherokee V8 with all wheel drive, sunroof, skid plates, tow package, leather interior, and off road package. As of 2013 I have 60,000 miles and have had only minor problems. In the past seven years I had to replace the interior compartment fan switch $250, the transmission cooler hoses $300, and the key ignition switch $240. None of these would have left me stranded on side of the road. My jeep runs well. The chassis still feels tight/solid when driving. All of the leather interior looks new. The jeep runs very confidently in snow, sleet, and rain. Mileage is 15 in the city and 21 on the highway. This is my third jeep purchased new. My first was the 1994 and second was the 1999. I have considered other vehicles (BMW, Range Rover, Denali) and always come back to the Jeep mostly since Jeeps are known for having the best 4 wheel drive system on the market and I am 6 feet tall and like to step up in to my cars. My plan is to have the 2005 Jeep until 150,000 miles or until Jeep comes out with a body style that I prefer better. New model types seem to arrive every 5 years so that may be 2015 or 2020.

Do Not buy one

by JeepUstink from montgomery, ny | July 15, 2013

Bought an 05 grand cherokee fully loaded in 06. After 60000 miles I have had to replace the engine, transmission 2x (yup two times). Is that all that needs to be said? I think so.

capable

by scott from seatlle wa | March 18, 2013

great suv, awesome in all conditions and very fast, comfortable. never let me down towing or in the mountains.

Uses car for Towing

5.7 LIMITED

by mountain runner from Washington | February 26, 2013

ive owned the jeep for about a year, started with 95k miles now at 102k. the jeep spends more time on snow and ice then pavment. its the fully loaded model and it handles great in the snow. gets decent mpg for a 5.7 i get around 20 mpg hwy and 14ish in town. its extremely capable and no issues thus far. great for towing and long trips. only complaint is the buttons on hvac control are starting to wear threw. great suv recommend to anyone who needs a capable 4x4 suv thats fun and reliable.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Featured Services for this Jeep Grand Cherokee