2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Time is taking its toll

by 4jeep owner from Palm City, Fl. | April 21, 2014

Under 3 years old with 37,200 miles and problems are popping up. Came with a lose chrome trim, easy dealer fix. 16749 miles and the keyless entry key failed. Dealer had a hard time getting it straightened out. 34797 miles and the back up camera had intermittent failure, dealer could not duplicate. 36691 back up camera failed completely, note just past warranty. Dealer did the right thing and picked up the majority of the repair. 37,200 miles and the air suspension failed. This is not part of the drive train so there is no warranty but the service manager says not fixing it is having no shock absorbers. This history is not good for a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. At the price of these I do not expect these kinds of problems at this age and mileage. I would recommend these with reservations and a warning.

Might start

by Flsurfer from Jupiter fl | February 27, 2014

2011 jeep grand Cherokee is a great all around car but there are many issues with it and mine had them all. Ever since I drove it off the lot the problems started. My car would not start i would hit the button and it would act like it would start but would not turn over. Went to jeep and they said it was the computer and they reprogrammed it, said it was fixed. That was about two months ago and now it is doing it again. Aren't jeeps supposed to be the most reliable car? I would not waste your money on a jeep, to many problems. I thought I was buying an jeep not a BENZ.

this is the sweetest jeep I've ever owned i love i

by leftyjones from Waterford Michigan | January 29, 2014

my Jeep is beautiful it's reliable very comfortable luxurious drives: way better than a Cadillac and it is bar none and by far the best vehicle I've ever owned

Satisfied Customer

by Great service from pre owned department from Illinois | November 13, 2013

Hello Terry, I am home again and back at my desk catching up on work after my quick drive to Michigan and back. The car drove us home like a dream. I am eager to write and say again how thankful I am for the care and service you provided. In a world where buying a car can be difficult, it was absolutely refreshing to work with you and the Snethkamp team. From the first follow up phone calls and answers to all my questions, to the final purchase and picture taking, you treated us great. I thank you and will gladly recommend you and the Snethkamp team to my friends and family. Sincere I am, Norm

2011 Jeep GC Overland Summit 2WD Hemi

by SUV Enthusiast from Texas | April 13, 2013

I love the looks of my '11 JGC Overland Summit. Both the exterior and interior is what sold me. I also enjoy the power of the HEMI, though I wish it had even more get up and go. Though, it does handle nicely. On the downside, there have been a few glitches with the electronics, but nothing major. Secondly, I wish I would have bought the 4x4...but, that's my mistake..I didn't want to pay the extra $3,500.00.. Also, I came from having a Tahoe, so I really miss the cargo and seating room of a bigger SUV. Jeeps really are not that big...did not realize that until owning one Lastly, the seats in the Overland are extremely firm...very uncomfortable on a long trip. Would prefer a little more give there. Though, they're beautiful to look at in the Overland trim. All in all, a nice vehicle, though I would have probably made a different choice.

2011 Jeep Cherokee

by yenko34 from SF Bay Area | April 12, 2013

For my mileage concerns I went with the standard 5.7 liter V8 with the MDS system. Surpringly I can operate it the 4 cylinder mode most of the time. I'm averaging around 20 mpg with limlted in town use. I'm up to about 23 mpg overall (And rising) on a 40 mile commute which includes the lower in town mileage. I went with the non-hybred (The Aspen and Durango Hybreds were only available in 2009) which would have provided me with similar mileage. Then again I know how to get excellent mileage. In addition the 2010 and on Chrysler extended power train warranty is transferable where prior it only applies to the original owner. The extended warranty dept. was very helpful prior to purchase as well as after. So good news. There are no reliability concerns at this point on this vehicle. Chrysler benefited with the Mercedes Benz ownership. Now with Fiat ownership Chrysler is definitely on the rise. Stay tuned.

2011 Jeep GC Limited 2WD

by Car Guy from Atlanta, Ga | March 23, 2013

I never considered anything from Chrysler until this new Grand Cherokee. I have owned it for 15 months and have a little over 13,000 miles. So far, only had a small sunroof fit issue, but the local dealer took care of it under warranty. Otherwise, I absolutely love this vehicle and feel I got a lot for my money. I would recommend this vehicle, just make sure you get a 2011 built in mid 2011. Not one of the 2011s built in 2010, higher chance of new model "bugs". The new 3.6L V6 is smooth and interior quality is high. I like mine a lot more than the new 2014, would only want the new 8 speed tranny.

Misleading

by Buyer from | January 24, 2013

Leave up sold cars to lure in buyers and try to push other vehicles at the buyer. Ads online do not match actual inventory.

Couldn't imagine a better buy

by New Jeep Lover from Indianapolis, IN | January 15, 2013

I did research on vehicles for months before I landed on purchasing a Grand Cherokee. I looked at Nissan XTerra's and Toyota 4Runners as well and the Grand Cherokee drove smoother than either of them. I absolutely love my Jeep and couldn't recommend anything other than what I got. From the complements I get on how it looks to the incredible feel of the interior, I hope to have this vehicle for a LONG time.

Best Vehicle I have owned

by Sassy from Mississippi | November 11, 2012

When I test drove the Jeep Grand Cherokee I new it was the one for me. It was very comfortable, roomy , smooth handling and stylish. I am getting a lot of compliments. Everyone loves it and so do I.