2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee

See Photos & Videos

Overall

cross bars

by off road artie from annapolis, md | April 13, 2014

all the reviews regarding styling, comfort, nice ride, handling,etc are correct. great car for both highway and local trips. my problem is that it didnt come with roof top cross bars. and the aftermarket bars from mopar, at a $250.00 cost to me, are unsatisfactory as they "whistle" at speeds over 40mph.(and my ears arent that good) one would think that JEEP, the iconic off road vehicle, would supply such for their vehicles. a canoe or kayak or fishing rods or skis or extra luggage on the on the roof? forget it. it seems that jeep is becoming the upscale vehicle for the suburban individual who takes the vehicle to the grocery store or kids to a soccer game. over a year later and the dealer shrugs his shoulders.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Bad surging on the Hemi 5.7!

by Disappointed Dave from Vancouver WA | April 4, 2014

I recently purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the six speed automatic with the Hemi 5.7 option. After driving it for several days, I noticed a surging when slightly accelerating up driving uphill in Auto mode. After researching this problem on the internet, I found it to be a VERY common occurrence and it is called the "fishbite" syndrome. There is no confirmed fix other than the dealership doing a software update which does nothing other than reducing the gas mileage by about 2-3 mpg's. I love this car in EVERY other way except this ongoing problem. I am willing to give the dealership one more try to fix and then will consider selling or trading it in. Very frustrating and especially for a "tough" Jeep that costs as much as this car did. Should have bought a NIssan or Toyota!

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

by beltway bandid from Falls Church VA | April 2, 2014

I purchased my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 12-13k miles on it so saved some there. So far having had it for about a month really like it for it's ride and interior fit and finish which is much better then I expected for an American vehicle. I chose the V6 to save some money on gas mileage and so far not bad but not great but that is also because i used own an Acura TL so very diffent. Like the feature with the auto unlock the most -great not having to grab your keys when your hands are full. Overall pleased-wish it was a little less but picked up mine for 36-37k so all in all 4 stars

horrible cruise

by wx kia owner from illinois | November 6, 2013

the 2013 jeep is a great riding and driving car. the cruise is horrible. when you set the cruise on 60 it will vary from 55 to 65 up and down hill. I have owned many other brands and have never had this problem. they might vary 2-3 mph in the same situation. the dealer said normal and so does Chrysler. they need to wake up.

Engine Surge on 5.7 L Jeep Grand Cherokee

by John from Atkins, Iowa | October 16, 2013

I was very excited to get my new 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ 5.7 L HEMI. The Cherokee was the perfect size for hauling my daily work items as I travel an average of 700 miles per week. Just after I started driving the jeep on the hwy, I noticed the engine surging from speeds of 45-75mph when not in the ECO mode. I started taking the vehicle into the delaership to troubleshoot the issue. They changed out the plugs, coils, updated the software, and the issue never went away. Chrysler suggested that I get a second opinion from another Jeep dealership, so I sent to 3 local delearships for test drives and opinions. They all said the same thing; there is a problem, but not sure what it is, the engine surges from 45-75mph. The 3rd dealership suggested we look on the Chrysler website to see if there are any postings on this vehicle. The tech found a STAR REPORT showing the exact problem that there is a PCM Software fault causing the surging on 2012 and 2013 HEMI engines in the Jeep Cherokees. The report stated that there is not a projected fix until after 1st quarter of 2014. I have had the Cherokee for 6 months with this fault since day 1. Both Chrysler and the local dealership were unwilling to resolve this issue, and say that it is running as designed. I am surprised that the Chrysler engineers designed this vehicle to SURGE, VIBRATE, TUG, under normal driving conditions. I am very dissapointed in this vehicle.

Grand Cherokee Overland 2013 (used)

by Roberto from Davie, Florida | August 12, 2013

My first jeep in many years and I must say I am very impress and surprise on how well this jeep drives and performance. It's a 6 cylinder, with 8k miles and it was and perfect condition. Beautiful interior, yet functional and pleasing to the eye of all who rides. I have been fortunate to have own Mercedes and BMW's and I must say this drives as good if not better. I would definitely recommend this jeep to my family and friends. Cheers......

Love My 2013 Jeep GC!

by Northern Mama from Duluth, MN | July 14, 2013

Coming from a GM family, I was initially a bit unsure of getting something else. However, I have owned my 2013 Jeep GC Laredo 4x4 Trail Rated for 6 months and am thoroughly impressed. 4x4 handles like a dream in 12" + snow, and sport mode is great in the summer. Love that I sit up high, but handles a lot like a car, taking turns tighter than I would have guessed. Much easier to park that the Tahoe we had also been considering. Plenty of room to chauffer around my now 13 month old twins and necessities needed to go with them, including a large double stroller. My 6'2" husband can easily fit in the front and rear seats (w/o sunroof), which we found to be quite a feat compared to other similar-sized SUVs. U Connect phone feature and bluetooth connection between phone and stereo is fabulous, and the keyless entry is wonderful when you are a mom with full hands who can't search for keys. Same with the push button start and push buttons for locking on the door handles/lift gate. Remote start is a must have when you live anywhere cold, and OEM remote start seems to work as well you can expect for an OEM system. Use the outlet a lot to charge camera batteries on the go. Although we just have the cloth upholstery and basic stereo, still feels like a luxury vehicle with nicely made cloth, leather trim, leather steering wheel, wood trim, and 'mood lighting' in the cup holders and door pockets. Easy to change oil: no problem draining the oil pan, even with the skid plates, and oil filter is readily accessible front and center when you open the hood. Happy that I can drive the kids around but can also can do a little off roading to get off the beaten path. Wish the 3.7 V6 had a little more power for going up steeper hills, but considering the MPG savings and significant cost difference compared to the Hemi, still have plenty of power.

Best auto decision we made

by Los from Houston, Tx. | April 30, 2013

My fiancé and I just bought a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It"s just the perfect vehicle. It's just like riding in a new leather couch watching a real life big screen. The ride is great and the all white looks stylish. We feel like we got the RICH AFFECT bug! The sensors and the heads up display keeps our attention on the road. Normally when most people buy a car they think of putting new things like rims or tires , but not for us. It feels and looks really nice. Heck of a job JEEP!

2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo

by RAM from Long Island, NY | April 7, 2013

I traded in my 2008 Ford Edge for a new 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. So far the car is excellent, nice ride, comfortable, decent gas mileage and all-around fun to drive. I got the basic Laredo with uconnect. No complaints at all. Great value for the money. This is the 4th Jeep in our family joining two 2010 Liberty's and a 2008 Grand Cherokee. I could have gotten a 2014 but did not like the changes in style or the new electronic shifter. Jeep should have stuck with the 2013 design, it's definitely a winner!

Not Your Daddy's Grand Cherokee

by JCC from Cary, NC | March 21, 2013

Jeep has certainly come a long way since the late 80's when Chrysler took over the iconic brand, and my 2013 Grand Cherokee Limited is a shiny example. Comparisons to my former 1990 Cherokee are useless, as this latest edition is both powerful - with the V8 Hemi - and luxurious with its heated seats and steering wheel and technology offerings that would make a geek drool. Some of the coolest technology features are the ability to listen to the music from your smart phone through the Bluetooth interface, as well as being able to make your calls hands-free. It's nice to have the GPS integrated into the center display as well, but that brings up an important, if not glaring, shortcoming in the Grand Cherokee's tech features. The GPS display is, in a word, terrible. The resolution is horrible and, as a safety precaution, you cannot alter any information (detour, pitstop for food, etc) while driving...not even your front seat passenger. Other than that, the seats are comfortable and highly adjustable and the power rear lift-gate is very helpful with kids and packages alike. Beyond the fact that I feel like I should live next to a gas station with the V8 gulping fuel, this car has been fantastic in the 6 weeks and 2500 miles I have owned it since turning in my German sports sedan. Good luck and safe travels!