2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

2014 diesel Grand Cherokee starting to act up

by Beggining to wonder in WI from Madison, WI | January 21, 2015

I bought the first diesel Grand Cherokee that showed up on the local lot in Madison, WI because it had the towing capacity I needed (>5000 lbs) with fuel efficiency similar to the V6 when not towing. I worried about buying a new version of the Jeep but I was tired of getting less than 16 MPG with my V8. For the first 18000 miles the only issue I had was the fact that the transmission would downshift hard when coming to a stop from over 40 MPH. I also noted that the DEF gauge would measure less than full even after I had just had the DEF splash back from the tube as I was filling the tank. Then this fall I took it in for a recall on the ECU and asked them to check out the DEF gauge. After that visit everything worked for about a month until I was driving to visit family on Christmas weekend and the check engine light (I know that is not the official name for it anymore but it works) came on. I also tried to fill the DEF tank again and could only get it to 3/4 full. When I took it in they said it was a bug with new software related to the sensor for catalyst efficiency but they had received another update to remedy the issue. They couldn't find anything wrong with the DEF gauge though. I drove for about another 2000 miles and then the check engine light came on again last weekend. When I took it in this time they said they were told to put in a new part for the catalyst system but the part was is on back-order and will not likely be available for at least 3 months. I also found out that the DEF system is known to pressurize during filling so that is why I can't get it to fill all the way. To fix that issue I have to fill the DEF tank until it overflows then drive around for 15-20 minutes and then try to fill it again. Chrysler seems to know about the problem but no one knows if they are working on a fix. I am not really pleased with that response. There are many things I do like about this Jeep but if these issues continue this may be the last Jeep I buy. (I had good luck with two previous Grand Cherokees)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

by CJJ from Toronto, ON | January 15, 2015

Purchased an Overland with the 3.6L engine and simply love the vehicle (have approx 14,000 KM). Only issue was the flashlight in the trunk stopped working (replaced by dealer @ N/C). Great vehicle and would highly recommend (beats the competition hands down).

Class and Off Road Prowess Combined!

by Walkr from El Paso | January 13, 2015

Recommended. This Jeep 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is is a combination of luxury and practicality. Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

Released this model too soon

by First time Jeep owner from Geneva, IL | January 12, 2015

This car should never have been released by Jeep. Yes, it looks awesome inside and out and it's comfortable and quiet but the "brain" of this model was never ready. Talk about issues: ELECTRICAL - Radio, Navigation, Key fob issues, "self locking", HVAC - very inconsistent.WE HAVE TAKEN THIS VEHICLE IN 4 TIMES FOR RECALLS IN THE FIRST 9 MONTHS. AND they never have the parts available when the recalls are sent out. I just called today for a recall that was sent out in October of 2014 and parts were ordered then. STILL NO PARTS. When I am ready to trade this vehicle in, I WILL NOT purchase a Chrysler product. I should have paid attention to the reviews when I first bought it because they all said the same things at the time but I thought it was a fluke. BUYER BEWARE.

2014 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD

by maryland2014JGC from potomac md | January 9, 2015

I have had this car for around 18 months and while I have had a few problems I really love it. I tried a few high end SUVs and then test drove the Jeep and found the Jeep to be so much better. Initial problems included the instrument panel going black. I would restart and then it would come back but then go black again. That went away after awhile.Also I had a bad smell when hitting the gas to start but that seems to have gone away also.

2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6

by Jack from Southeast Florida | December 29, 2014

Out of all the Reviews, no one has mentioned the complaints of me and my neighbor, who bought a '14 JGC w/ a 5.7 Hemi. Ironically, we BOTH complain about the same. THREE BADS, still make it right! #1. Neither of us can find a comfortable position of the drivers backrest. #2. With this console shifter, there's no more of that 'throw the shifter straight forward' motion, to place it in park. I consider myself as a patient, slow, methodical guy, but no matter how I press the brake and press the shifter button and push the shifter forward = I have NO CLUE to the transmission position, until I look at the dash indicator. #3. We both agree that the paddle shifters are nothing but problems. Inadvertently, after stopping, if your finger touches one of the paddles, and you get into the traffic flow, you hear the engine at high revs and think 'you're goin to blow!' Nope, it's in 1st gear = WHAT? The shifters are totally worthless on either the 3.6 or 5.7 engines! This aint a Viper, it's a JGC! STILL WORTH IT! I had a 5.7 Hemi before buying this 3.6. I thought that I was going to complain about the shortage of power = NOPE! 0 - 60 is about the same or might be alittle better PLUS much better MPG - much better! If I had to buy a new vehicle tomorrow, I'd buy the JGC Summit AGAIN = creature comforts galore!

Worst jeep ever

by Last jerp I buy from | December 5, 2014

I had my jeep ordered and loved it the first week. Then it was one problem after the next, first was the radio, then the HVAC they still can not find a fix for that, then it was the electronic transmission, then the remote start would not work and so on..... I have had it for less than a year and I am done!!!!!!

Love it!

by Bird Lady from Folsom, CA | December 3, 2014

I love my Overland. My only complaint is the mileage. I only average 11mpg. But everything else about the car is great.

I say go for it

by First time SUV owner from Chandler, AZ | December 2, 2014

I had researched the new Jeep Grand Cherokee for several months before making the purchase, and I'm happy I did. I dealt with a lot of dealerships trying to push various prices for upgrades. I waited for a low mile used 2014 Diesel 4x4 Limited, and I would suggest the same. The V6 and V8 were weak in comparison to acceleration and the gas mileage so far has been phenomenal. Make sure you get the 8.4 NAV headset, the NAV ready model IS different then the factory NAV models and it's a pricey $700 upgrade.

Jeep grand Cherokee great on looks, thats it.

by 8k per year driver from Washington, D.C. | November 12, 2014

In my lifetime I've owned over 20 vehicles. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is by far the worst vehicle I've ever purchased. It seems great in initial value, the looks are great, but the quality and workmanship is the worst I've ever seen. Problems with HVAC, problems with the stereo, problems with the heated seats, problems with the paint, problems with the tailgate, problems with the wheels. The list goes on forever. There is no quality control-take a look at a brand new Grand Cherokee the trim on doors doesn't flow from door to door, the doors don't align properly, the seats randomly pop and crack when driving, all of this on a brand new vehicle less than 5 months old with less than 4k miles. It truly is the WORST vehicle I've ever owned. I'll never buy another Jeep again (This was my 7th, and my last.)