2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Available in 9 styles:  2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4x4 shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Jeep grand Cherokee great on looks, thats it.

by 8k per year driver from Washington, D.C. | November 12, 2014

In my lifetime I've owned over 20 vehicles. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is by far the worst vehicle I've ever purchased. It seems great in initial value, the looks are great, but the quality and workmanship is the worst I've ever seen. Problems with HVAC, problems with the stereo, problems with the heated seats, problems with the paint, problems with the tailgate, problems with the wheels. The list goes on forever. There is no quality control-take a look at a brand new Grand Cherokee the trim on doors doesn't flow from door to door, the doors don't align properly, the seats randomly pop and crack when driving, all of this on a brand new vehicle less than 5 months old with less than 4k miles. It truly is the WORST vehicle I've ever owned. I'll never buy another Jeep again (This was my 7th, and my last.)

Electric / Computer Issues after Warantee

by Truckjob from Maryland | November 3, 2014

On the Hemi Engines - The ETC (electric throttle control) fails which requires several trips to the shop. $2K to replace computers and other parts.

Best Jeep so far

by Jeep Driver from | October 28, 2014

I drove a 94' and a 01' Jeep Grand Cherokee prior to the 14'. This is of course the best so far. Took delivery in July 2013 and just passed 20k miles. Only issue I have had was the driver side window had a regulator or survo installed too tight causing the window sensor to think something was in the way and to not roll up occasionally. Dealership fixed once I showed the issue. Tranmission was initially jolting from 1st to 2nd gear, especially in traffic. This was fixed in a software update it seems like sometime in late 2013. Currently front left tire is showing to have low pressure (second time). Have not seen if I ran over a nail yet but I just reinflate to recommended amount and move on. Probably mention to dealership at next oil change.

Best over the road car ever owned.

by A Traveling Man from Omaha, NE | October 22, 2014

It is a very comfortable ride, the diesel gets great mileage All the electronics work well and are user friendly, especially the adaptive cruise control.

Best Car we've had for bad (snowy) weather

by Jeep Lover from Middletown, MD | October 3, 2014

The ride is very comfortable. The design is beautiful. Leather could be more soft, but it is good looking and easy for which to care. Love all of the electronics. Easy to use. Cannot discuss the reliability until I use it more and know for myself ( maybe in 2-3 years).Just bought it a month ago. Right now I am really enjoying the wonderful SUV.

Intermittent vibrations

by forens214 from Rockwall, TX | September 23, 2014

I've had my 2014 Grand Cherokee diesel for about 6 months now and have regularly noticed a substantial vibration that seems to be produced between 1500-1800 RPMs. It happens a few times a week and typically lasts 10 seconds or so and then seems to correct itself. At other times there's a slight vibration through the vehicle that you can feel in the wheel, but not all the time. Took it back to the dealer and, of course, couldn't get it to happen. Still an issue and they claim they need it to occur when I bring it in. Short of giving it to them for a lengthy period of time, not sure how to resolve it. Anyone else had something similar?

Best Jeep Yet

by million mile mom from south | September 10, 2014

I have driven Cherokee & Grands for 30 yrs, drove 1.5 million + miles and this Grand is the best yet.

Dealer may be a bigger consideration

by Trusstar from Euless, TX | August 11, 2014

I am now on my 6th Jeep product since 09/89. I am a jeep fan. The 2014 Jeep GC is a nice vehicle. I have a little over 11,000 miles on it. My expectations were not unrealistic as I have owned so many Jeeps. The vehicle drives and handles great. the fuel economy is much greater than my 2005 Jeep GC Limited. But, I do have a few unresolved issues. From day one I could hear a high pitched whistling type of sound. The dealer investigated and found that the sound was coming from the power steering pump. He said since it was a brand new model it may take a few weeks to get the part. On another visit I asked if he had located the new pump. He told me that he discussed it with Jeep engineering and they said it is normal and I will have to learn to get used to the noise. What a ridiculous comment! The service department recognizes that there is a problem, but expects me to ignore it and "just get used to it". The standard sat radio keeps resetting the station presets. AM and FM presets hold, but sat presets just reset themselves and it is completely random when they reset. I asked the dealer about it and they said they would look into it. Nothing so far. The janitor at me building backed into the rear bumper cover. I had it replace by the dealer and it doesn't match the adjacent body panel as far as alignment. I asked for them to correct it and they said that is how all of them fit. I looked at every Jeep on the lot and all of them align properly. A few days ago when braking hard I noticed a squeak in the front suspension. I haven't taken it in yet, but my guess is that I won't leave satisfied. In my opinion, dealer selection is as important as the vehicle you decide to purchase. My dealer, ALAN SAMUALS Dodge Chrysler Jeep is the worst excuse for a dealer I have ever done business with. I think the 2014 Jeep GC is a good car and could provide me with a great driving experience if I could get the dealer to be the least bit supportive.

2014 jeep grand cherokee diesel

by Classic car collector. from Fresno/ Santa Cruz Ca | August 10, 2014

This Jeep grand Cherokee Limited diesel is getting excellent gas mileage, 33 mph hwy and 25 city, better than I ever thought. My daughter also purchased a diesel model last week and is also getting the same mileage. We had owned an Acura MDX and the gas mileage, features, and especially price are far better on the jeep limited. Going through the mountains are a breeze in a diesel. We buy our diesel at truck stops and pay less than regular gas! User friendly dash controls, large navigation screen.

Better than I expected

by Dan from Long Island, NY | August 4, 2014

I bought my JGC back in Sept, 2013. It's now the beginning of August and I have already put 17k miles on it. Other than a couple of minor recalls I haven't had a single problem with it. After my purchase I wnt back and had the dealer install a trailer hitch. They did a good jod, looks factory installed. I now pull an 800 lb motorcycle in a 900 lb trailer and I never have a problem. In fact, after a recent long trip of about 1,000 miles up and down multiple mountain ranges my gas mileage has increased. Overall I am getting 21-22 miles per gallon which includes highway driving, local driving and at times, trailer hauling. I can't compare it to my last vehicle as far as comfort and performance goes (Infiniti FX) but it is exactly what I expected when I decided to buy my first non-Japanese car in 25 years. Keeping my fingers crossed I will continue to be satisfied for years to come.