2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

Best Car we've had for bad (snowy) weather

by Jeep Lover from Middletown, MD | October 3, 2014

The ride is very comfortable. The design is beautiful. Leather could be more soft, but it is good looking and easy for which to care. Love all of the electronics. Easy to use. Cannot discuss the reliability until I use it more and know for myself ( maybe in 2-3 years).Just bought it a month ago. Right now I am really enjoying the wonderful SUV.

Intermittent vibrations

by forens214 from Rockwall, TX | September 23, 2014

I've had my 2014 Grand Cherokee diesel for about 6 months now and have regularly noticed a substantial vibration that seems to be produced between 1500-1800 RPMs. It happens a few times a week and typically lasts 10 seconds or so and then seems to correct itself. At other times there's a slight vibration through the vehicle that you can feel in the wheel, but not all the time. Took it back to the dealer and, of course, couldn't get it to happen. Still an issue and they claim they need it to occur when I bring it in. Short of giving it to them for a lengthy period of time, not sure how to resolve it. Anyone else had something similar?

Best Jeep Yet

by million mile mom from south | September 10, 2014

I have driven Cherokee & Grands for 30 yrs, drove 1.5 million + miles and this Grand is the best yet.

Dealer may be a bigger consideration

by Trusstar from Euless, TX | August 11, 2014

I am now on my 6th Jeep product since 09/89. I am a jeep fan. The 2014 Jeep GC is a nice vehicle. I have a little over 11,000 miles on it. My expectations were not unrealistic as I have owned so many Jeeps. The vehicle drives and handles great. the fuel economy is much greater than my 2005 Jeep GC Limited. But, I do have a few unresolved issues. From day one I could hear a high pitched whistling type of sound. The dealer investigated and found that the sound was coming from the power steering pump. He said since it was a brand new model it may take a few weeks to get the part. On another visit I asked if he had located the new pump. He told me that he discussed it with Jeep engineering and they said it is normal and I will have to learn to get used to the noise. What a ridiculous comment! The service department recognizes that there is a problem, but expects me to ignore it and "just get used to it". The standard sat radio keeps resetting the station presets. AM and FM presets hold, but sat presets just reset themselves and it is completely random when they reset. I asked the dealer about it and they said they would look into it. Nothing so far. The janitor at me building backed into the rear bumper cover. I had it replace by the dealer and it doesn't match the adjacent body panel as far as alignment. I asked for them to correct it and they said that is how all of them fit. I looked at every Jeep on the lot and all of them align properly. A few days ago when braking hard I noticed a squeak in the front suspension. I haven't taken it in yet, but my guess is that I won't leave satisfied. In my opinion, dealer selection is as important as the vehicle you decide to purchase. My dealer, ALAN SAMUALS Dodge Chrysler Jeep is the worst excuse for a dealer I have ever done business with. I think the 2014 Jeep GC is a good car and could provide me with a great driving experience if I could get the dealer to be the least bit supportive.

2014 jeep grand cherokee diesel

by Classic car collector. from Fresno/ Santa Cruz Ca | August 10, 2014

This Jeep grand Cherokee Limited diesel is getting excellent gas mileage, 33 mph hwy and 25 city, better than I ever thought. My daughter also purchased a diesel model last week and is also getting the same mileage. We had owned an Acura MDX and the gas mileage, features, and especially price are far better on the jeep limited. Going through the mountains are a breeze in a diesel. We buy our diesel at truck stops and pay less than regular gas! User friendly dash controls, large navigation screen.

Better than I expected

by Dan from Long Island, NY | August 4, 2014

I bought my JGC back in Sept, 2013. It's now the beginning of August and I have already put 17k miles on it. Other than a couple of minor recalls I haven't had a single problem with it. After my purchase I wnt back and had the dealer install a trailer hitch. They did a good jod, looks factory installed. I now pull an 800 lb motorcycle in a 900 lb trailer and I never have a problem. In fact, after a recent long trip of about 1,000 miles up and down multiple mountain ranges my gas mileage has increased. Overall I am getting 21-22 miles per gallon which includes highway driving, local driving and at times, trailer hauling. I can't compare it to my last vehicle as far as comfort and performance goes (Infiniti FX) but it is exactly what I expected when I decided to buy my first non-Japanese car in 25 years. Keeping my fingers crossed I will continue to be satisfied for years to come.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel

by scm68gt from Santa Cruz, CA | July 11, 2014

We have owned our Jeep for 9 months and 7,000 miles, now (July 2014). Overall, I am happy with it - my wife not as much - although she LOVES the voice command system. The fuel economy is good (running about 25 mpg) particularly considering we drive down and up a 2,500 foot mountain every day. Even better is the fact that the cost of diesel has been lower that gasoline since we bought it. Not that that will last too much longer. But we really like getting 600 miles to a tank. The fit and finish are very good and I like the fact that it has a real spare tire. It has a 2 electronic keys that can be programmed separately for 'his and hers' setting, including favorite radio stations, seat position and outside mirror position. (Unlike the BMW we had previously that had the Inconvenience package). The headrests on the rear seats can be folded down for improved visibility. But, I do not like the shifter. It is not intuitive having to pull the shifter toward me to move into reverse. It has been in for service once, so far (at 5,000 miles). But just before I took it in, the Check Engine light came on. I was a bit disconcerted that the manual was lackadaisical about this. It basically says that this condition usually corrects itself after a while. When I got the jeep to the dealership for service, I asked them about it. (oh .. and another warning showed up as I was driving to the dealership - something about us needing to drive at highway speeds to clean the exhaust particulate filter. It turns out that the Check Engine light came on because we do not drive at highway speeds (over 50 for over 20 minutes) often enough. The dealership was able to cure the problem - but no one had bothered to tell us we needed to run the jeep on the freeway. Other that that, the Jeep is running fine. In Eco mode, it is a bit slow off the line and does hesitate sometimes when you floor it. But slap it into Sport mode and away you go. Of course, if you are not careful, your mileage will suffer. I have found that keeping it in Sport mode and shifting it myself let's me have the 'get up and go' when I need it and still maintain the mileage. Overall, I think this is a very nice SUV. I am looking forward to taking it off road (nothing extreme, though) and in the snow. It is not a speed racer, but has excellent torque and it does take a while to get used to the diesel approach to life. I am a bit concerned about the reliability of all the gadgets, though. But that will sort itself out as time goes by.

2014 jeep grand cherokee overland

by vinny from brooklyn new york | July 8, 2014

the salesman johnny rodriguez over at bayridge jeep dodge Chrysler ram gave me a great deal on a great jeep if your looking for a good deal go over to bay ridge jeep dodge Chrysler and ram.

inconsistency

by Vinny from RENO | July 6, 2014

The problem with these vehicles is not the actual car but the manufacturers. This is evident in all the reviews. Some have excellent experiences while others have horrible ones. I'm on the horrible side. I made this car my project and have completely disassembled it. I've noticed many short cuts and mistakes over the years of repairing it. Lots of electrical and heating/cooling/HVAC problems. Every six months there's another issue. If I can offer one piece of advice, learn the engineering design of the vehicle and DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP. They are just as lost as the original manufacturers. If you are an off-roader buy the Wrangler but if you just want a reliable, consistent vehicle, next time buy a Toyota.

AWESOME RIDE

by JCox from Columbus , Ohio | July 6, 2014

Perfect vehicle in every way. VERY HAPPY! Don't understand why all the negative comments. Some people must over exaggerate, because there has been a ton of new JGC sold in my town and I always make a point to talk to the owners and haven't talked one yet that has had a problem with there's.