2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

Love my jeep!

by Carina from Costa Mesa, Ca | April 10, 2015

At first I was so worried about buying a jeep because a lot of the reviews I've read complain about transmission problems and overall reliability of the car. I've had my car for 2 months now (have already driven 3,000 miles on it) and love it so far. Engine works fine and is showing no sign of problems. Only reason I'm giving 4/5 stars is because the gas is awful! I have to fill up 3 times a week but my model is able to take diesel so that helps! Overall, I would recommend this car!

Do not buy eco diesel

by never again from | March 30, 2015

6500 km and Jeep has been in shop 5 weeks. Chrysler Tech line no help. They originally said def pump would not fix problem 4 weeks later thet say they have found the problem "its the def pump"?

Not reliable, not worth the extra $ for a diesel

by DVJ2012 from RI | March 14, 2015

I purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Eco-Diesel about a year ago and have been in and out of the shop once a moth over this last year getting the CEL reset and parts replaced and DEF fluids drained and refilled half way. At this point I would tell anyone who thinks that they want a Jeep Eco-Diesel to take their money elsewhere.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

by Keely from Chaska, MN | February 14, 2015

I had been eyeballing the Grand Cherokee for years before I finally decided to buy back in September 2014. I've given it about 6 months and I STILL love this vehicle, and fall more in love with it with the changing seasons! It was a bit pricey, but I have not been disappointed. It was well worth the money and peace of mind. I had been debating between this and some other cheaper alternative SUV. I'm glad I went with what my heart wanted!! Winter hit in Minnesota, and I feel safe and comfortable driving through the snow. The full-time 4WD is fantastic and you really hug the road. I have no worries, whatsoever, about the reliability of this vehicle. My only complaints, and they are small ones, is that when I hit the blinker I have a tendency to flip the brights on. Perhaps the switch is just a little tight and will loosen over time. Also, did you really have to get rid of the CD player?! Overall, this has been a GREAT purchase and I plan to have this vehicle for a long time. I have become a Jeep enthusiast because of this vehicle.

Great Car

by TFCOR from Alamogordo, NM | February 12, 2015

We've had our car about 6 months and has saved, I believe saved our lives twice. The first time was when a gust of wind hit us after we passed a vehicle that pushed us off the road onto the shoulder. the second was when we were passing a 18 wheeler and a car came toward us without its lights on at dusk. I reacted without thinking and the car did exactly what I was thinking about and everted an accident. It,s a great vehicle. Only two problems has occured. FIRST, the drivers window sticks when it is cold when i try to lower it, no help from the dealer. SECOND, is what to do if the EXHAST FILTER IS FULL and the speed is reduced to less than 35mph by the car. It is not explained that the RPM needs to be run at about 25K for a period of time to burn away the crud in the filter. Just running the car at highway speeds just does not do it. I had to down shift to reach 25K to clean out the filter. I found this out from a great Jeep mechanic from my local dealer.

2014 diesel Grand Cherokee starting to act up

by Beggining to wonder in WI from Madison, WI | January 21, 2015

I bought the first diesel Grand Cherokee that showed up on the local lot in Madison, WI because it had the towing capacity I needed (>5000 lbs) with fuel efficiency similar to the V6 when not towing. I worried about buying a new version of the Jeep but I was tired of getting less than 16 MPG with my V8. For the first 18000 miles the only issue I had was the fact that the transmission would downshift hard when coming to a stop from over 40 MPH. I also noted that the DEF gauge would measure less than full even after I had just had the DEF splash back from the tube as I was filling the tank. Then this fall I took it in for a recall on the ECU and asked them to check out the DEF gauge. After that visit everything worked for about a month until I was driving to visit family on Christmas weekend and the check engine light (I know that is not the official name for it anymore but it works) came on. I also tried to fill the DEF tank again and could only get it to 3/4 full. When I took it in they said it was a bug with new software related to the sensor for catalyst efficiency but they had received another update to remedy the issue. They couldn't find anything wrong with the DEF gauge though. I drove for about another 2000 miles and then the check engine light came on again last weekend. When I took it in this time they said they were told to put in a new part for the catalyst system but the part was is on back-order and will not likely be available for at least 3 months. I also found out that the DEF system is known to pressurize during filling so that is why I can't get it to fill all the way. To fix that issue I have to fill the DEF tank until it overflows then drive around for 15-20 minutes and then try to fill it again. Chrysler seems to know about the problem but no one knows if they are working on a fix. I am not really pleased with that response. There are many things I do like about this Jeep but if these issues continue this may be the last Jeep I buy. (I had good luck with two previous Grand Cherokees)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

by CJJ from Toronto, ON | January 15, 2015

Purchased an Overland with the 3.6L engine and simply love the vehicle (have approx 14,000 KM). Only issue was the flashlight in the trunk stopped working (replaced by dealer @ N/C). Great vehicle and would highly recommend (beats the competition hands down).

Class and Off Road Prowess Combined!

by Walkr from El Paso | January 13, 2015

Recommended. This Jeep 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is is a combination of luxury and practicality. Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

Released this model too soon

by First time Jeep owner from Geneva, IL | January 12, 2015

This car should never have been released by Jeep. Yes, it looks awesome inside and out and it's comfortable and quiet but the "brain" of this model was never ready. Talk about issues: ELECTRICAL - Radio, Navigation, Key fob issues, "self locking", HVAC - very inconsistent.WE HAVE TAKEN THIS VEHICLE IN 4 TIMES FOR RECALLS IN THE FIRST 9 MONTHS. AND they never have the parts available when the recalls are sent out. I just called today for a recall that was sent out in October of 2014 and parts were ordered then. STILL NO PARTS. When I am ready to trade this vehicle in, I WILL NOT purchase a Chrysler product. I should have paid attention to the reviews when I first bought it because they all said the same things at the time but I thought it was a fluke. BUYER BEWARE.

2014 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD

by maryland2014JGC from potomac md | January 9, 2015

I have had this car for around 18 months and while I have had a few problems I really love it. I tried a few high end SUVs and then test drove the Jeep and found the Jeep to be so much better. Initial problems included the instrument panel going black. I would restart and then it would come back but then go black again. That went away after awhile.Also I had a bad smell when hitting the gas to start but that seems to have gone away also.