2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

Worst jeep ever

by Last jerp I buy from | December 5, 2014

I had my jeep ordered and loved it the first week. Then it was one problem after the next, first was the radio, then the HVAC they still can not find a fix for that, then it was the electronic transmission, then the remote start would not work and so on..... I have had it for less than a year and I am done!!!!!!

Love it!

by Bird Lady from Folsom, CA | December 3, 2014

I love my Overland. My only complaint is the mileage. I only average 11mpg. But everything else about the car is great.

I say go for it

by First time SUV owner from Chandler, AZ | December 2, 2014

I had researched the new Jeep Grand Cherokee for several months before making the purchase, and I'm happy I did. I dealt with a lot of dealerships trying to push various prices for upgrades. I waited for a low mile used 2014 Diesel 4x4 Limited, and I would suggest the same. The V6 and V8 were weak in comparison to acceleration and the gas mileage so far has been phenomenal. Make sure you get the 8.4 NAV headset, the NAV ready model IS different then the factory NAV models and it's a pricey $700 upgrade.

Jeep grand Cherokee great on looks, thats it.

by 8k per year driver from Washington, D.C. | November 12, 2014

In my lifetime I've owned over 20 vehicles. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is by far the worst vehicle I've ever purchased. It seems great in initial value, the looks are great, but the quality and workmanship is the worst I've ever seen. Problems with HVAC, problems with the stereo, problems with the heated seats, problems with the paint, problems with the tailgate, problems with the wheels. The list goes on forever. There is no quality control-take a look at a brand new Grand Cherokee the trim on doors doesn't flow from door to door, the doors don't align properly, the seats randomly pop and crack when driving, all of this on a brand new vehicle less than 5 months old with less than 4k miles. It truly is the WORST vehicle I've ever owned. I'll never buy another Jeep again (This was my 7th, and my last.)

Electric / Computer Issues after Warantee

by Truckjob from Maryland | November 3, 2014

On the Hemi Engines - The ETC (electric throttle control) fails which requires several trips to the shop. $2K to replace computers and other parts.

Best Jeep so far

by Jeep Driver from | October 28, 2014

I drove a 94' and a 01' Jeep Grand Cherokee prior to the 14'. This is of course the best so far. Took delivery in July 2013 and just passed 20k miles. Only issue I have had was the driver side window had a regulator or survo installed too tight causing the window sensor to think something was in the way and to not roll up occasionally. Dealership fixed once I showed the issue. Tranmission was initially jolting from 1st to 2nd gear, especially in traffic. This was fixed in a software update it seems like sometime in late 2013. Currently front left tire is showing to have low pressure (second time). Have not seen if I ran over a nail yet but I just reinflate to recommended amount and move on. Probably mention to dealership at next oil change.

Best over the road car ever owned.

by A Traveling Man from Omaha, NE | October 22, 2014

It is a very comfortable ride, the diesel gets great mileage All the electronics work well and are user friendly, especially the adaptive cruise control.

Best Car we've had for bad (snowy) weather

by Jeep Lover from Middletown, MD | October 3, 2014

The ride is very comfortable. The design is beautiful. Leather could be more soft, but it is good looking and easy for which to care. Love all of the electronics. Easy to use. Cannot discuss the reliability until I use it more and know for myself ( maybe in 2-3 years).Just bought it a month ago. Right now I am really enjoying the wonderful SUV.

Intermittent vibrations

by forens214 from Rockwall, TX | September 23, 2014

I've had my 2014 Grand Cherokee diesel for about 6 months now and have regularly noticed a substantial vibration that seems to be produced between 1500-1800 RPMs. It happens a few times a week and typically lasts 10 seconds or so and then seems to correct itself. At other times there's a slight vibration through the vehicle that you can feel in the wheel, but not all the time. Took it back to the dealer and, of course, couldn't get it to happen. Still an issue and they claim they need it to occur when I bring it in. Short of giving it to them for a lengthy period of time, not sure how to resolve it. Anyone else had something similar?

Best Jeep Yet

by million mile mom from south | September 10, 2014

I have driven Cherokee & Grands for 30 yrs, drove 1.5 million + miles and this Grand is the best yet.