We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Available in 9 styles:  2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4x4 shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Good Car?

by Wisconsin Resident from Wisconsin | May 1, 2016

I have not owned or driven enough miles to provide qualified answers for longevity type (e.g. Reliability) questions. Appears to be lacking in attention to detail in paint and finish. Found flaws that should have been caught at the factory, like paint runs!

Jeep Jeep Jeep

by VinnyS1 from Bayside NY | April 19, 2016

I have owned many vehicles in my lifetime. This is my first Jeep and let me say it tell not be my last! From the day I picked up my Grand Cherokee I have had nothing but fun and joy with it. Not only is it a striking great looking vehicle it also performs great. It is comfortable and has all the latest technology. I just LOVE it!

So far so good

by JC from Richmond, TX | April 5, 2016

I purchased the Grand Cherokee Limited 2015 4x2 a couple of weeks ago and so far I love everything about it. Looks sleek, drives smooth, and has a lot of extras. This is my first Suv and I think I made an excellent choice. Because I was told there could be electrical issues down the road I took the extended warranty.

problem

by hwayne from Wyoming | February 24, 2016

Overall I like my grand Cherokee however the front cheap plastic bumper is a joke. If you happen to scrape it even a little bit it will break the clips holding it to the fenders, pop out the clips underneath and in the fender wells and to replace it is about $1,800. I have owned 5 Grand Cherokees over the past 16 years and this one is the worst yet.

Do Your Research First

by Disappointed Jeeper from Philadelphia, PA | February 11, 2016

I lease a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E 4x4 which I've had for 11 months to the day. I only cross-shopped this vehicle with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and settled on the Grand Cherokee after being truthful with myself about the amount of times I would be able to use the Wrangler to it's full potential. Before leasing the vehicle, I had heard of a few issues with the 2014 Grand Cherokee models, but could not find anything negative about the 2015s and assumed any kinks had been worked out. I love this car for its exterior and interior styling. I have pretty much a base model car, but it comes with many standard creature comforts like the keyless enter and go, push button start, power seat, automatic dual zone climate control, etc. It also looks like a much more expensive vehicle. I HATE this car for its cheap build quality and faulty electric systems. As soon as I drove the vehicle off the dealer's lot I noticed that the headlights flicker sometimes when the car is shifting. On several occasions my radio has completely shut off and restarted while I was driving, other times it has just simply shut off and does not reset until I restart the vehicle. I have also had my instrument cluster turn completely black while driving, which includes my speedometer. Two days after getting home with the car I noticed that my seats were ripped at the seams in the second row and passenger seats where no one had sat before. This is a minor problem, but just an example of the cheap quality workmanship. Roughly six months after buying the GC, I started hearing sloshing water in the driver's side dashboard. At first I attributed it to heavy rains the night before, but after continuously hearing the water and it progressively getting worse, I brought it to my local dealership. After several weeks of back and forth with them, they took the dashboard apart below the steering wheel and removed a 1/2 gallon of water; however, they were unable to identify the source of the water. A few days ago, on a cold February morning, I heard a piece of ice slide across the dashboard as I turned corners. The water issue is back and is now freezing! Before being able to make an appointment to have this looked at, my entire climate system: heat, air conditioning, and defroster stopped working altogether today. The fan started blowing at full blast and then suddenly stopped and started to make a knocking noise. It wasn't a fun ride to the dealership on a 28 degree night. I'm eagerly awaiting the resolution to this most recent instance of my reoccurring problem and will make every attempt in my power to just get rid of this vehicle ASAP. The beautiful aesthetics and interior finishes are not worth the headache and aggravation of being without a car once a month while it sits in the dealership and they scratch their heads looking at it.

Great for CO Driving

by ColoMatt from Aurora, CO | January 28, 2016

I spent a long time searching for the right SUV, and I kept coming back to the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. After a couple test drives, I moved heaven and earth to get in this vehicle. It looks sharp and drives sharper. This is my first SUV that I have owned, and I enjoyed breaking it in in Denver snow covered streets and in the mountain passes of I-70. The interior looks nice, is comfortable, and has all the bells and whistles of SUVs that cost thousands more. Panoramic sunroof, all seats are heated, front two are cooled, power everything, sensors everywhere, it has it all. I test drove the V8, but I ended up buying the V6. The V8 is POWERFUL, and you feel it every time you start the engine. However, the V6 does the job, even when passing sports cars going uphill in the mountains. Handling off road is amazing, as expected. It's probably not a good idea to show off the vehicle by climbing a 10ft pile of snow and ice, but it can do it no problem at all. One draw back - the back seats are comfortable for adults, but the seats only lean rather than move back and forth.

great off and on the road

by badass diesel altitude from Long Inland | January 2, 2016

I just got a black high altitude diesel, great power and torque on the beach and on the road. Very comfortable. Nav system is way behind my BMW wagon in terms of was of use and information but works well. The car looks really great in all black. Mileage is around 30 highway and 21 in town. 25 all in which is much better than V8 Explorer '08 model. Nice base stereo no need to upgrade. This is sort of in the upscale class of the Rovers and the Benzes and the Bimmers but with the air lift suspension and the real 4 wheel drive low system this thing can go where they cannot go.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Choice

by My New Car from Brooklyn, New ork | December 25, 2015

Just purchase my grand jeep Cherokee one week ago from Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge and the treatment I received was great. My sale rep Lance Madry overall just awesome very patient and helpful. I would refer he to anyone great place and great

Average

by Mambo from San Francisco | November 23, 2015

Electronic T-shifter is a nightmare. Clunky controls in the dash-board. Straddling with GPS and Radio is complex. Heats up inside. Steering wheel blocks tachometer (on particular settings) Engine not very responsive. Space at the back BAD. Uncomfortable to sit at the back. Good exterior styling. Nice HID lights. Big GPS display. Too high, difficult for senior citizens to get in and out. Leather is nice, comfy on long drives. Overall, a 2016 Kia Sorento (whose design was allegedly mirrored on this vehicle) surpasses this Jeep by several thousand miles :-)

Not Enough Time to Evaluate

by Engineer from Pittsburgh PA | November 13, 2015

Just purchase the vehicle one week ago. There has not been enough time to properly evaluate it. Right now every criteria is 5 stars. A year from now could be quite different.