2003 Jeep Liberty

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Latest Winter Ride

by Car Pets from New York | January 30, 2014

I recently purchased a 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade from a local used car dealer with 102,000 miles. I expect some issues and got what I expected. The initial problem was a stuck caliper in the right rear and an emission fault. The dealer fixed the problems but the emissions fault came back. I went through the vehicle and found low fluid levels, bad differential seals, and a bad cv joint seal on the front drive shaft. Everything is fixed. It runs great and is getting 19.8 mpg even in snow and "0" degree weather! The heater is excellent! Seats are comfortable for my daily 80 mile ride. The radio sounds good and the vehicle is quiet with no squeaks when radio is off. The roof lights - Renegade model- light up the road like a ball field. No regrets at this point. I'm happy with the deal.

Love My LIB!

by amshand from Minnesota | October 24, 2013

I purchased this vehicle in June of 2011. Considering the car was 8 years old when I got it, I am absolutely blown away by the fact I have not spend a dime on maintainence beyond oil changes. Perfect for me. The cargo/passenger room missing from a Wrangler with the ability to off-road when needed. The v6 is pretty zippy, but it is a gas eater. That is my only real complaint - but if that was the most important thing to me I would have bought something else. What I'm really impressed about is the resale value. Compared to other SUV's the same age, it has far better retention of value.

GREAT CAR

by CARREVIEWER from NEWARK, NJ | March 10, 2013

THIS CAR IS 100% SAFE. IT HAS A V6 ENGINE AND YOU CAN LET YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER HAVE THIS CAR. AS A FIRST CAR. I TEST DROVE IT AND IT WAS A BLAST. NO INREST IN BUYING ALREADY HAVE ONE

Liberty better than expected

by jst from Smithfield, RI | December 2, 2012

After 10 years and over 212,000 miles, my Liberty is still rock solid... starts every day, overall low maintenance costs, no shakes or rattles. Sure, it's not as "tight" as it was new, but I still get approx. 20 mph highway. Over years I have done several thousand miles off road and some of it rough (rockers and scratched paint won't lie). I still feel safe in it, and as long as it starts everyday, I'm looking towards 300,000 miles before I put it out to pasture. I don't like the "new" Liberty's, but I do like the new Wranglers, Jeep just needs to make a hybrid that gets over 40 miles per gallon with 4wd.

Jeep liberty I had for 2 months

by Disappointed from Jax, Fl. | August 19, 2012

The worst thing was the gas it drank up, the 3.5L V6 is a beast . The first month the AC Compressor died. A few other issues I ran into in a short period of time. The opportunity to get rid of it arose, and get a new Toyota was in front of me so I got rid of this headache. I'll never buy another used vehicle even if I do have it pre purchase inspected, which I did.

Should've kept the Rav4

by Camo Princess from Lancaster, PA | May 29, 2012

Have had mine for 3 years, up to 125K miles (commuting to work, no rough driving, no playing in the mud). Off the top of my head I've replaced: all 4 brakes and rotors 3 times, the drive shaft literally rotted off, the E brake rotted off, belt replaced twice, ball joints (never received recall notice), brake hoses, idler pulley... Rides worse than my husband's pick-up, and gets worse gas mileage! (16mpg). Now it has a loud (people's heads turn) rattling sound when idle or when you're stopped with the brake fully engaged, plus it shakes like it's going to fall apart. The only reason I've kept it is because I'm 1 month away from not having a car payment anymore.

Jeep Liberty

by disappointed from Lawrence | April 20, 2012

The 6 cylinder engines have a habit of throwing a rod between 130,000 and 160,000 miles. Don't buy used. It will be trash in a couple years.

Jeep

by ck1cmh from columbus,ohio | February 28, 2011

It's a Jeep thing!!!!!!!, nothing like it.would not own any other vehicle. 4x4, awesome. yes.................

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited

by 97tj from Greenwood, Mo | October 26, 2010

Plenty of get up and go, roomy interior, decent gas mileage. 3 speed transfer case allows this jeep to go anywhere you have the nerve to take it, and at the same time be a great family vehicle

Fun Car!

by Fun Car from | August 5, 2010

This is a fun car that will not last long! It is in good shape. The mileage is high, but is from highway.

Featured Services for this Jeep Liberty