2003 Jeep Liberty

Available in 6 styles:  2003 Jeep Liberty 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Jeep Love Rock On

by Jeep Love Rock On from | October 16, 2014

Had my jeep for 8 years until it saved my life from a drunk driver. she hit a light pole and rolled 3 times on me. My husband and I walked away without a scratch. Best purchase i ever bought. wish i could have her back.

good car for the money

by Doc from Knoxville | July 10, 2014

Super friendly staff. Good location. Very great selection with tons of variety.will buy here again. Love my liberty pĆ¼chased.

BEST GUZ EVER!!!! RIP BABYGUZ!!!!

by BABYGUZ'S MAMA from METROPOLITAN ATLANTA | July 8, 2014

I loved this truck from the moment we met. He was my 3rd JEEP! It was a demo so he had all of the bells and whistles. Leather heated-power seats, sun roof. The most beautiful chrome wheels. There were 5. They even put one on the spare. Handled like a dream. A really tight turning radius which came in handy often. He was a 2003 but I got him in 2004. He was comfortable and so fun to drive. Absolutely adorable. He got his name due to the fact the I felt like he drank a lot of gas thus the name GUZZLER, but he had the most adorable baby face so I shortened it to BABYGUZ. I came to realize that gas use is all relative and is affected by the way that you drive so I just adjusted and it really was not a factor after a while. I got him in January 2004 and he finally gave out June 27, 2014 at 203,000+ miles. I have been patching him up over the past 2 years and now the transmission was starting to go. I cried!!!! I will say he performed great!!! If they still made the Liberty I would have gotten another one without hesitation!!!!! Me and GUZ were together 10 years and I loved him the same for all 10 of those years! He never left me stranded!!! I miss GUZ but I must move on. Now I have the 2014 Cherokee 4x4!! This is my 4th JEEP! It is very new so I am trying to adjust. So far so good!!! It is truly a JEEP THING!!!!! JEEPS ROCK!!!

best car I have owned to date

by jeep from Long Island, NY | June 28, 2014

I bought my Jeep new and now have 231,000 miles. I have changed my oil every 3k and don't abuse the truck when I drive. At 210k I probably would have bought a new car but I have a friend who is a mechanic and he has been keeping the car going as the last 20k things have been needing replacing but as I only pay for the parts it makes sense to pay to keep the car. Of all the cars I have owned I have got more mileage out of this car with the least amount spent on maintenance. The 2nd generation models 2008-2012 take a lot of abuse on the various auto websites but the 2003 has been a winner for me.

Latest Winter Ride

by Car Pets from New York | January 30, 2014

I recently purchased a 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade from a local used car dealer with 102,000 miles. I expect some issues and got what I expected. The initial problem was a stuck caliper in the right rear and an emission fault. The dealer fixed the problems but the emissions fault came back. I went through the vehicle and found low fluid levels, bad differential seals, and a bad cv joint seal on the front drive shaft. Everything is fixed. It runs great and is getting 19.8 mpg even in snow and "0" degree weather! The heater is excellent! Seats are comfortable for my daily 80 mile ride. The radio sounds good and the vehicle is quiet with no squeaks when radio is off. The roof lights - Renegade model- light up the road like a ball field. No regrets at this point. I'm happy with the deal.

Love My LIB!

by amshand from Minnesota | October 24, 2013

I purchased this vehicle in June of 2011. Considering the car was 8 years old when I got it, I am absolutely blown away by the fact I have not spend a dime on maintainence beyond oil changes. Perfect for me. The cargo/passenger room missing from a Wrangler with the ability to off-road when needed. The v6 is pretty zippy, but it is a gas eater. That is my only real complaint - but if that was the most important thing to me I would have bought something else. What I'm really impressed about is the resale value. Compared to other SUV's the same age, it has far better retention of value.

GREAT CAR

by CARREVIEWER from NEWARK, NJ | March 10, 2013

THIS CAR IS 100% SAFE. IT HAS A V6 ENGINE AND YOU CAN LET YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER HAVE THIS CAR. AS A FIRST CAR. I TEST DROVE IT AND IT WAS A BLAST. NO INREST IN BUYING ALREADY HAVE ONE

Liberty better than expected

by jst from Smithfield, RI | December 2, 2012

After 10 years and over 212,000 miles, my Liberty is still rock solid... starts every day, overall low maintenance costs, no shakes or rattles. Sure, it's not as "tight" as it was new, but I still get approx. 20 mph highway. Over years I have done several thousand miles off road and some of it rough (rockers and scratched paint won't lie). I still feel safe in it, and as long as it starts everyday, I'm looking towards 300,000 miles before I put it out to pasture. I don't like the "new" Liberty's, but I do like the new Wranglers, Jeep just needs to make a hybrid that gets over 40 miles per gallon with 4wd.

Jeep liberty I had for 2 months

by Disappointed from Jax, Fl. | August 19, 2012

The worst thing was the gas it drank up, the 3.5L V6 is a beast . The first month the AC Compressor died. A few other issues I ran into in a short period of time. The opportunity to get rid of it arose, and get a new Toyota was in front of me so I got rid of this headache. I'll never buy another used vehicle even if I do have it pre purchase inspected, which I did.

Should've kept the Rav4

by Camo Princess from Lancaster, PA | May 29, 2012

Have had mine for 3 years, up to 125K miles (commuting to work, no rough driving, no playing in the mud). Off the top of my head I've replaced: all 4 brakes and rotors 3 times, the drive shaft literally rotted off, the E brake rotted off, belt replaced twice, ball joints (never received recall notice), brake hoses, idler pulley... Rides worse than my husband's pick-up, and gets worse gas mileage! (16mpg). Now it has a loud (people's heads turn) rattling sound when idle or when you're stopped with the brake fully engaged, plus it shakes like it's going to fall apart. The only reason I've kept it is because I'm 1 month away from not having a car payment anymore.

Featured Services for this Jeep Liberty