2004 Jeep Liberty

Available in 6 styles:  2004 Jeep Liberty 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Great used Jeep Liberty

by AMC Eagle fan from Madison Ohio | February 26, 2014

I helped my daughter out by buying her 180000 mile Jeep she got as part of the divorce settlement and it sat for 18 months with an overheat problem. I replaced the bad water pump, serpentine belt and tensioner and electric cooling fan FUSE. It was overheated twice. Hoped in it and drove 3 hours home. Replaced the spark plugs that had all those miles on them if that what you could call them, never saw any with a center electrode left on them. Bought four new tires, new front wheel bearings and have put 10, 000 more miles on it. I love this thing, could use better gas mileage but love that 4 WD. Yeah rides smooth on a smooth road but rides like a Jeep on a bumpy road. Love the interior. My son just bought one, but hates the Jeep rough ride. His is a top of the line 2004 fancy heated leather seats, power seats etc. I'm going to buy it off him and sell the other. Oh and this engine doesn't BURN any oil despite being overheated several times by my daughter. Love it.

Best car ever owned

by Renegade Man from Tulsa, Ok | August 28, 2013

I have had several cars in my life and used to trade vehicles frequently. Until I got this car. Yes it is true this car suck fuel but not bad for an suv to get 18 mpg. this jeep pulls my 22 ft pontoon boat. and I works like a dream on the snow. I have had it off road a few times and have had no trouble. Since my car has 178k on it I have replaced over the life of the vehicle the rack-n-pinion steering, radiator, AC compressor, the window regulator and the transmission. I kept the oil changed and at 178K I just had a local shop recondition the engine ( rebuild ) . It had started using oil. my Jeep is clean and looks aggressive and is the best car I have ever owned.

pleasently surprised

by melissamcg from west springfield, ma | March 21, 2013

first time buying a jeep and the interior is what caught my eye. its elegant and luxurious without the high cost of luxury... the ride was smooth and i could barely feel any bumps in the road which i loved. the overhead buttons are very customizable and easy to navigate and i would very much so suggest this brand to anyone looking for a SUV without the bigness of a SUV

This car saved my life

by SurvivorUT from Salt Lake City, UT | September 11, 2012

I was heartbroken to say goodbye to my 2004 Jeep Liberty yesterday, but it is a miracle that I was able to. After rolling off a loose gravel road, we flipped a couple of times and landed upside down with the driver's side window smashed in and the windshield cracked but holding together. Even hanging upside down and with a busted hand, I was abe to unbuckle, remove the headrest, and crawl out with nothing more than aches, pains, surface lacerations, and the need for a few stitches in my right hand. I put over 4000 miles on this car in the last 6 weeks alone, and it was a solid companion the whole way. It could have been slightly more comfortable - the lumbar support in my Sport model was not adjustable - but considering I was hauling at least one bicycle and a passenger or two for most of those miles, I am beyond impressed. I miss my car already, and while there is a part of me traumatized enough to never want to get into an SUV again, I have a feeling that my next car will be a Jeep Liberty.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

rock solid SUV

by vetnat from Canada | April 2, 2012

This vehicle served me well for 7 years in western Canada, land of ice and snow. City, country, and highway. Poor traction in 2 wheel drive if you don't have snow tires. Rides like a Jeep (ie. watch your kidneys). Bad gas mileage - I got in the single digits at times with city driving in the winter, but people who buy SUV's shouldn't really complain about gas mileage! My Jeep developed an undiagnosable vibration in the right front wheel at 4 years old that was intermittent, and never was repaired satisfactorily. All that said, my Jeep never broke down once, transported my german shepherd and myself all over North America, and made winter driving a breeze!

I Would Rather Have My Wrangler Back

by Trailwaif from Lake Hughes | February 27, 2012

I got this vehicle because I needed four wheel drive and my Wrangler was totaled. I almost bought a Isuzu Vehi Cross and might still. The Liberty is just OK. Hard to get around in a parking lot, not economical on gas, and not really fun to drive. But it is comfortable, has room if you need it and has OK four wheel. It's sturdy and strong and I would feel protected in another accident. It had lots of problems when I got it that I am still getting repaired and needs brakes. It has a longer wheel base so I can hopefully tow something. I still miss the Wrangler though.

Tough little SUV

by NevTex Jeep from Houston, TX | May 24, 2011

Great exterior Styling Great trunk space for a small SUV The manual transmission lets this 3.6 Liter scream and burn rubber. The stick shift is short and crisp as a sports car making the Liberty jump forward like a cat. Unbelievable agility. Keep both hands on the wheel this baby has a mind of its own.

Here comes the FUN ! !

by Nick from new york city | November 2, 2010

Love the way this truck smooths out the bumps and rides the roads like a limo. Then the animal is unleashed with the sight of snow.. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

Can't go wrong

by Hopeful Owner from Louisville, Ky | August 17, 2010

I have owned my 04 Liberty Sport 3.7 V6 for about 3 months now and loving it. After owning an 01 Kia Sportage for 3 years it has been a change that needed to be done about 3 years ago. Kia's SUV'S do not even compare to these vehicles. These vehicle are meant to take what you throw at them. Tackling boulder, whipping around parking lots, or slamming into pot whole this vehicle can take it. Jeep has out done them selves this time making sure customers have a SUV that not only is useful but a joy to own. Styling is cute but still Jeep like. Feature inside the vehicle are user friendly and easy to get use to for most drivers, and the one touch moonroof that is a option for the cheaper sport model adds a touch of luxury to this rugged SUV. Seat are firm and supportive but short seat bottom take some time to get used to. Ride quality is good on most smooth surfaces, but on rough pavement things fill and sound harsh (it keeps you alert if anything). Driving this vehicle on the highway is a breeze, crosswind don't seem to faze the SUV. Handling is almost car like, being caught off guard while entering curves is not an issue. You can tell Chrysler picked up some good things from its buy in with Mercedes. Power is great from the quiet 3.7L but has to build from stand stills. The only complaint on this awesome SUV is the goofy automatic transmission. While only at lower highway speeds (50-60) the down shifting is annoying and sometimes scary. It feels that the vehicle is loosing power or taking a deep breath, but after that the engine jumps to life with plenty of power.

Was an awesome car to me

by Livinonless from Springfield, TN | July 29, 2010

I just traded in my 2002 Liberty on a new Toyota FJ Cruiser. I love my new car more, but it IS new and did cost a whole lot more. I owned my Liberty for 7 years and would still have it today if I hadn't fallen in love with the FJ Cruiser. The Liberty was VERY reliable to me (the only problem was electrical problems early on which were covered by warranty). It had more get up and go than any of the other 25 vehicles I've owned in my life. Gas mileage wasn't so great at 16 - 18 mpg, but with all that spunk, it was worth it! Now that I own a different vehicle, I realize it wasn't the most comfortable ride. But then again, I spent a whole lot more on my new ride. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone with a lower budget for an SUV, great little car!