2006 Jeep Liberty

2006 Jeep Liberty
Available in 6 styles:  2006 Jeep Liberty 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Great as "extra" vehicle, but not a daily driver

by Sam from Indiana | April 21, 2014

In high school, I got a $400 hunk of Cadillac and drove it for five years (loved that car!) but got upgraded to the Jeep when in college when I came onto some unexpected money. It was already 3 years old and had 60k on it, but it was in great shape. Before I continue, I acknowledge that I abuse my Jeep, but I also work really hard to fix and maintain it as needed. I take care of all of my cars. - Great things about the Jeep: It's got pretty decent power. I use it to pull various trailers, and even when I pull over capacity, it doesn't skip a beat. It handles pretty well, especially for a high setting suv. It has a phenomenal turning radius. It's an absolute MONSTER in the snow. Although it's no tricked out rock climber or mudder, it holds its own at the offroad park. As I said above, I take care of my vehicles. The Jeep is really easy to work on because everything is pretty accessible (as opposed to most modern vehicles, Jeeps engineers understand that there some of us out here who still want to work on our own cars). - Terrible things about the Jeep: It's gas mileage... The dealer told me I wouldn't have a problem averaging 22 to 24 under normal driving conditions. I was such a fool to believe him. When I abuse my Jeep (drive 90-100 down the interstate, pull big trailers, plow through snow drifts, go rock climbing, etc.), I get at least 13 mpg. When I absolutely baby it... 14.5 mpg is the highest my Jeep has ever gotten. I've talked to numerous car folks, had five different mechanics look at it (3 being from different Jeep dealerships) and they all say "Nothing’s wrong, that's just the way it is. Too bad for you." Both back window regulators have broken. When these things go, the window just falls. I paid 350 to have the first one fixed. I propped the second one up for free because I refuse to pay to put the same faulty part back into my car. The Jeep’s interior looks decent, but it stains really easy. The bucket seats get uncomfortable if you sit in them for more than about twenty minutes. There's barely any storage. Although it didn't really affect me too much, it is a little concerning that I've gotten six different safety recalls in the four years that I've owned it. - Like I said, I really do like my Jeep Liberty, but if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t have bought this to be my daily driver.

Overall Great Choice

by Happy Camper from Southwest Virginia | February 15, 2014

Among the options of this vehicle type The Jeep Liberty serves well. I have seen reports that this model year does have issues with the electric window motors. Overall it is a comfortable reliable ride and goes in the snow when needed.

excellent friend on and off the road

by stopalog from Trabzon, Turkey | January 24, 2014

I have been used 2006 Liberty with 2.8 CRD engine version. The off-road capability of the vehicle is excellent. Turning angles and articulation capacity are fit for driving on the narrow and rough roads. In winter conditions, four-WD facility and ESP technology encourage drivers for planning long trip. Luggage capacity may be extended with upper side carriers or baskets.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great People, Great Service

by So Elated from Chesapeake, Va | October 11, 2013

I will definitely spread the word. The people here really care about the customer and were eager to help. I'm excited to be doing business with people who are professional and care. Looking forward to doing business with them in the future.

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L

by xrey from Reno, Nevada | November 29, 2012

I bought this car for my wife since it's a Jeep and has four wheel drive. Typical four wheel drive system from Jeep with shift on the fly. This one has traction control. Gas mileage is not the best but similar to many SUV's out there at an average of 18 mpg. CD, decent radio, ergonomics is acceptable. Seats are firm, ample leg room, nice size trunk, privacy glass, fog lights, intermittent wipers, aluminum wheels and a real spare tire. As a replacement for the venerable Cherokee which I really like, this one is more car-like than one would expect. It's not a Wrangler, but for someone looking for a daily with off the road capability, it is very capable. I recommend this for someone looking for an SUV that can seat 4 and go off road trail with your cargo. I expect this vehicle to last at least ten years and anything more is just extra.

Beautiful out side small inside

by Joycie38 from Wingdale, Ny | August 19, 2012

The Jeep liberty is beautiful to look at but is not as spaceus inside as it appears also is more suitable to persons with out small children. Other wise it's a nice vehicle.

Great car for everyday use

by JeepLover from CA | July 16, 2012

This jeep is amazing and is always reliable. Great turn radius... better than the sedan in the family. Turn is good size but is very visible to people walking by unless you have a cargo cover. Seats fold down to make larger trunk space when moving largo cargo like tables and couches. Great seating for 4 full grown men or great with three smaller kids in the back and 2 adults. There is plenty of leg room.

MY WIFE'S BIG MISTAKE!! 2006 JEEP LIBERTY LIMITED

by NO FAN OF CHRYSLER CORP. from METAIRIE, La. | May 13, 2012

this is a top of the line loaded jeep limited 2006 model. it was bought new in the last quarter of 2005, and currently has less than 16,000 miles. at less than 12k, both rear window regulators failed. the dealer wanted $282.00 per regulator parts not labor. i bought the new mopar regulators at different times on amazon from a chrysler dealer in another state for less than $55.00 average including shipping. i have no idea if these nos ones have the same little lift that broke twice or if they're improved. for now the windows are fixed. i have done my research, and am very aware of this jeep problem. chrysler corp. is also "very" aware and did a semi-secret extended warranty for the 2006/07 models. just not mine. i contacted chrysler and did all of their required jump thru hoops paper work. finally i was contacted by a customer care???? representative who said i was turned down. he told me becausea i bought the parts on the internet. i then asked him if he had my file. he said yes, so i said look at it. he had told me i didn't buy chrysler parts. i had included the original receipt with chrysler letterhead and part number. his story then changed. now the reason for denial was my 2006 had been manufactured a few months too soon. i asked if this represented chrysler corp. final decision and i was assured it was. i then asked him to be sure to tell those running the operation that they had sold me their very last product. i am a very unhappy jeep owner, and i tell any and all that their products are worse than their warranty, which is useless. i am also preparing for major door hinge problems. the hinges are more flimsy than their warranty. i have also filed a complaint with nhtsa, and "insisted" that my complaint be listed under safety. for some strange reason they do not feel that windows that can't be closed aren't a safety reason.

Works very good we pick it up to tow

by Jeepster from Sparta, Mi | April 16, 2012

I will like to see more jeep with the old transfer system, instead of the electric one, the manual transfer is more safe.

Uses car for Towing

Great vehicle

by Magicats from South Coastal Massachusetts | April 9, 2012

I was set on a cherokee and ended up with a liberty and am so glad i made the decision to switch. 6 cylinder in this small suv makes it really peppy. 6 Years old and looks new-