2009 Jeep Liberty

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Jeep Liberty 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

All over in snow

by Cirdie from NE Ohio | February 3, 2013

Bought this for my daughter. Live in NE Ohio snow bel and wanted something that could get through heavier snow on road. t. I expected much better grip with 4WD, but this thing is all over the road in the snow. Fishtails often. My wife's AWD Enclave is much more stabile.Disappointed in performance with snow.

jeep mad to last.

by bikecj from Miami FLA. | January 9, 2012

The Jeep Liberty has the power to pull a 4000 lb boat without any problem and comfortable for four adults.

Pefect for Latin America

by Chilean owner from La Serena, Chile | January 21, 2010

I do live in Chile. I bought this vehicle since a year, and it has been perfect. I had traveled around my country from North to South, through the dessert (the driest in the world) and to the Patagonia with heavy rains and snow storms. And this vehicle has had a perfect performance. I give 4 stars in Features only because the tires, which one are for normal city carpet. I had had to change the tires for a Good Year Fortera and after that the performance was amazing, because usually I road over gravel, mud and sometimes in sand. About the size is perfect for Chile, because the streets here are small (not like USA), so a biggest car here is not comfortable. My next trip will be a "round trip" to Bolivia and Peru, thought Titicaca Lake, Machu Pichu and the Peruvian highlands and then back to Chile, so if this review is still here after one month is because I'm still happy with this vehicle. About the gas consumption, well if you buy a 3.7 Lt. engine, what do expect? it is not a city car. I can't said that this vehicle is a family car but it is excellent to get out and do some adventures trips. In general I'm very happy!!!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Just got it and love it.

by Solo Redfox from seattle, wa | November 15, 2009

This is a awesome jeep to have. I like to go off road but rarely ever do, so a wrangler was out of the question. The liberty is great on the street and if I ever have to go off the beaten path I can. I also picked the liberty because I didn't want to be one of those wrangler owners that never take it off road but have all the lift equipment on it. It drives great, the kids like it and my wifes not mad at me for getting it now, so I'm happy now.

First Jeep Product

by Scooter from Nova Scotia | September 16, 2009

Had my Liberty for 6 months now, and am fairly satisfied with it. Traded in my 4 Runner, much to the jeers of my Toyota "friends". Can't wait to see how it works in the snow. My only problem is that I am piling the miles on it too fast!

New Jeep Euphoria

by Andrew from Milwaukee, WI | March 30, 2009

I spent 3 months researching and racking my brain trying to decide what was the best choice in buying my first new vehicle. I have driven a Toyota Camry for the last 9 years and needed to have something that handled the weather in Wisconsin better. I considered the Jeep Commander but realized that the new Liberty was the same thing without the third row seats. I found that Chrysler's economic challenge was my gain with all the incentives. I got it for 8k below msrp. That is a sweet deal. Now that I have driven it for 3 weeks, I am happy with my decision and I love this Jeep. I would definately recommend the new Jeep Liberty to anyone looking for versatility, style, and safety.

happy Jeep owner from oregon

by new Jeep fan from Keizer,)R | March 21, 2009

We got our 08 Jeep liberty LTD in June of 08.It was fully loaded.It has preformed great.We took on a trip from Salem,Oregon to San Diego,CA.It only had 2400 mile,s at the time and preformed great their an back.We got 21.3 mile's per gallon on the trip.it also climb up Calif. grape vine on I5 with no problem. Having plenty of power to climb & pass if needed.We like it so much we bought a 2nd jeep in Feb 09. A new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

2nd Jeep

by happy Jeep owner from Western NY | March 15, 2009

Traded a 145k mi grand cherokee ltd on 09 liberty ltd. The 3.7l 6cyl in the liberty feels as strong as the 5.3l V8. 22mpg hwy. The liberty is surefooted in the >100" annual snow we get in my area of the northeast. The liberty ltd is as loaded like a much more expensive car and despite some plastics it truly feels luxurious. The sky slider roof is my favorite feature, it feels like a convertible and works like a sunroof. Nav with traffic, Sat radio, bluetooth is great. Nice chrome wheels.

Amazing vehicle *****

by Todd_Tdy from Tucson | March 10, 2009

A beautiful 2009 Jeep Limited 4X4 marks my entry into the wonderful world of JEEP. I’ve dreamed of a vehicle like this but never thought it could be a reality. In light of the slowdown in sales my dealer offered me a 4X4 deal I couldn’t deny. Now after owning it, I can’t believe I didn’t buy one sooner. This JEEP has the rugged strength you’d expect in a JEEP combined with a nice touch of elegance and style. Get the Sky Slider Roof! It add so much to our outdoor experience. The only thing I’d ding would be handling at freeway speeds. At 85 MPH it can get a bit of a sway during quick lane changes. All said I would rate it a high 5 stars. I selected the following options and am glad I did. 3.7-Liter V6 Engine 4-Speed Automatic Transmission Monotone Paint 3.73 Axle Ratio Pastel Pebble Beige Interior Color Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob Premium Group II P235/60R18 Black Side Wall All Season Perf. Tires 18" x 7.0" Chrome Clad Echelon Aluminum Wheels Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats Premium Group I Premium Sound Group AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD/DVD/MP3/WMA Player Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control Cabin Air Filtration System Matching Spare Wheel ParkSense(R) Rear Park Assist System Heated Front Seats Manual Driver-Side Lumbar Adjust Memory Package with Memory Seat, Radio, and Mirrors 6-Way Power Driver and 2-Way Power Passenger Seats Remote Start System Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior Paint Auto-Dim Rear View Mirror with Microphone uconnect phone Exterior Appearance Group by MOPAR Sky Slider(TM) Full Open Roof Black Roof Molding Side Roof Rails Delete Splash Guards by MOPAR Front Tubular Grille Guard by MOPAR Black Tubular Side Steps by MOPAR Selec-Trac II(R) Active Full-Time 4WD System Trailer Tow Class III Group 7-Pin Wiring Harness 7-to-4-Pin Wiring Adaptor Class III Receiver Hitch Heavy Duty Engine Cooling Power Steering Cooler Trailer Sway Control