2012 Jeep Liberty

Available in 6 styles:  2012 Jeep Liberty 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Jeep of modern times

by Crayola Chick from Bethlehem, PA | October 28, 2014

2012 Jeep Liberty The steering wheel is a dream compared to the 1998 Jeep I called old Cantankerous. I like the accessibility of the knob for the heater, construction from home to work and traffic the whole way home in the mornings. I can't emphasize enough how turning corners is a joy. I did not drive for 24 years and now I look forward to unlocking the jeep each night I head out to third shift, with winter coming I look forward to my jeep doing well with traction. The wipers and other gadgets are more complicated on the steering wheel, but it was fun to learn what each one does. I had to use the wipers driving home from the car dealership. In 2 days we are planning to use it to drive to an airport where my son is taking pilot lessons. The seats are very comfortable and the driver's seat belt fits me as if it was tailor made for my body! I like the height off the road while driving, I don't like high vehicles and it isn't low, either.

Smooth Riding SUV

by NE Bugeater from Omaha, NE | August 27, 2014

Very nice riding SUV. The engine gearing seems to be sluggish at times but I suspect that is due to off road tuning vs. highway tuning. Once it goes into overdrive, the ECO indicator is nice to see. I've been getting 21 average mpg with mostly highway driving with some city driving. Interior is very quiet. I like the leather seating on the Jet package. The interior plastics are okay but the multiple pockets could use a rubber mat at the bottom similar to what is in the cub holders to keep things from sliding around.

Love it

by Got Jeep from Binghamton, NY | July 20, 2014

I have had a 2005 liberty, and I have a 2012 liberty a 2013 patriot, and a 2014 wrangler. I love them all, But my wife, and I both seem to fight over taking the 2012 liberty. Its large, and in charge. I call it my black rhino. Has great get up and go. The one with no power is the patriot. Nice styling Gas is about the same as the wrangler. Wish Jeep would bring them back, and keep them as they are. Not make them look like a Rav 4 like so many of the new SUV's out there. If you want a Jeep the liberty fits the bill.

Great vehicle

by sccoast1700 from Conway SC | March 15, 2014

I have a 2007 Liberty sport. It has a manual transmission. I have owned it since 2007 and now it's 2014. I drove it on many long trips. South Carolina to Upper Michigan. South Carolina to NY . Many other places. It is a very reliable vehicle. I have gotten 25 mpg on the highway when I use cruise control and keep it to 70 mph. Now I have 112000 miles on it and it's still going strong. I have a friend with a Jeep wrangler that got almost 300000 miles out of it. He says he will get another one when his current one goes bad. If you are shopping for a used Liberty, they are a good value. They hold up for alot of years. Have great cargo space. Are very comfortable on long trips. If you just want a fuel miser commuter car, don't buy one. There are many vehicles now that get over 40 mpg that you will like better. Know what you are using the vehicle for and buy something appropriate. Gas misers are great but limited in cargo space. You have to buy the right vehicle for your needs. Liberty's are a great value for a used car. They don't hold their resale value so you can get a great vehicle at a good price. If you hate debt and want a reliable vehicle , buy a Liberty

It's a Jeep not a car

by Kama-aina from colorado springs | February 19, 2014

The 210 hp engine is adequate for road driving. Does good in Denver, Colorado Springs (some hills), and I-25 passing and acceleration. Critics don't know what they are talking about. I use it, they don't!!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Jet

by Vintage racer from Virginia | January 18, 2014

This is our fourth Liberty, all having about 75,000 miles before trading-in. Each Liberty (2001, 2004, 2008, 2012), have provided solid, reliable service, and every one has improved in comfort and standard features. We recently test drove the new Jeep Cherokee which replaced the Liberty, and were disappointed with the interior space and overall appearance. We then decided to find a low-mileage 2012 Liberty Jet which has exceeded our expectations -- an updated interior, revised transmission, nearly vibration-free engine, and even better gas mileage which is often criticized unrealistically for a this 4400 lb. 4 X 4 vehicle which can tow up to 5000 lbs. A great value in it's class -- purchase one while you can; you won't be disappointed.

Horrible gas milage

by Rosie from Chicago, IL | January 11, 2014

I Liked the looks of the Liberty and without much thought, I bought it. It is very good getting through the Chicago winters and mounds of snow. Otherwise I hardly can drive it because of its low gas mileage. It get 10 (tops) miles to the gallon. I took it back several times to the dealer to see if something is wrong with it. They tell me there isn't, but maybe Jeep/Chrysler should be made aware of this. Since I don't know anyone with a Liberty I thought I just got the bad one, but know I see a review from someone in MD with the same problem, wonder if there are more owners out there with bad gas mileage, I would love to know.

Best yet!

by ChenChen from South Carolina | December 30, 2013

From 2002-2013 I drove a Ford Taurus that was one of the best cars I've ever owned, until the transmission went out. The Jeep dealer had a great sale going on and as soon as I found my Liberty, I fell in love! My husband and son are both over 6ft tall, so I needed something comfy for them and the grand children to ride it. I have to say that we just took our first family trip out of state with 5 family members, and it was awesome! I also live down a bumpy dirt road and the jeep handles it nicely. **Negatives - seat comfort for driver (sorry, my seat just isn't as comfortable as my old taurus) and gas mileage (with the 4x4 it's not awful but wish I got at least a few more miles to gallon)

Love at first sight

by Sci-Am-Man from Jamestown NY | November 29, 2013

I bought my Liberty Latitude new in August, 2012 and I love it! I was looking for that , now rare, truck based SUV body style with a capable 4WD (I live in the snow belt, tow a boat, and park on a slippery slope in my back yard from May ‘till December + or -). I didn’t have a particular brand in mind when I stepped onto the lot, but my Libby’s deep cherry red crystal pearl, sharply contoured retro truck look won my heart (that never happened with a vehicle before). Even after reading the scathing “expert” reviews about old school power trains and stroke-inducing gas mileage, I still made the deal. Over one year, and 15000 miles later, I still find excuses to take her for a ride. I’ve had no problems…. none. My liberty has all the bells and whistles (love those heated leather seats), and is a very capable boat hauler. It’s comfortable, and handles very well. It’s just plain fun to drive. Yes, the gas mileage sucks… literally, but is about the same as the other vehicles I’ve owned since the seventies, and much better than some. I’ve simply adopted the mantra:" It’s a Jeep. I didn’t buy it for the gas mileage." It's too bad they are no longer made.

Everything I Need in a Car

by first time jeep girl from MA | November 17, 2013

I've always loved the style of these cars, but never wanted an SUV type vehicle. But with two dogs, snow in the winter, and a 15 year old car, I needed a change. This car covers all my needs and with the plush interior still pampers my girly side. Reliable, roomy, and comfy.

Featured Services for this Jeep Liberty