2010 Jeep Patriot

23 city / 28–29 hwy

Overall

Very versatile - Great Value - Reliable

by Patriot Fan from Colorado | December 29, 2012

We purchased our 2010 Latitude with the Off-Road package (Freedom Drive II) new in 2010, after doing a lot of research and test drives of vehicles in this class. During the week, our Patriot serves as a daily driver. It handles very well in traffic and is excellent in snowy, icy conditions. Mileage in town averages between 22-24 mpg. It has a solid comfortable ride with enough room for passengers in front and back. The CVT is smooth and reasonably responsive. Weekends we take it off-road and it can handle most level 3 rated trails and some at Level 4. It's very stable, and it's tight turn radius allows me to navigate switchbacks without backing up. It won't go everywhere the Wranglers can, but still keeps up well for what it is. We have upgraded the tires, and added a small lift which has improved the off-road capability without impacting it's street manners. In over 30k miles (many of them off-road), we have had no serious problems. Our only issue so far was a problem with door seals coming loose, which was corrected by the dealer. Overall we are very pleased. My only improvements would be better programming for the CVT when in off-road mode and additional sound proofing.

Most unreliable car i've ever bought

by LASKO from sagianw, mi | December 20, 2012

I bought my patriot with 30,000 miles. It's 5 speed manual, i took it off the lot and it was leaking oil. when i took it in it was a gasket leak so i drove a minivan loaner for a few days. then 3 weeks later it started poping out of first great, now i need a new transmission. I haven't even made my first payment and i'm on my second loaner and second huge warranty repair. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Very dependable, 4x4 is great,gets good gas milege

by Roy Rider from Greensburg Pa. | December 15, 2012

Can not beleive a 4x4 can be so good as this for gas mileage. Never owned one that gets what the new car salesman told me. Very happy with this JEEP. I CAN SEE WHY THEY CALLED IT A PATRIOT.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

looking for Patriot #2

by poet from Michigan | March 13, 2012

My wife's 2008, 2wd, 5 speed manual, crank window Patriot has been a great all-purpose car & we're looking for a late model used one, manual, for our college son. Front 2wd has been excellent for the terrain of the midwest and adequate in the hilly mountains of the northeast. 2wd is adequate, safe, with good clearance, on unimproved roads but not offroad. With added resistance of a roof-rack crossbar we get about 29 highway mph. A vibrating noise from the right rear seat attachment clamp disappears when the seat is lowered. We added Jeep aftermarket cruise, so this is a nicely performing basic Patriot & a reliable, excellent value vehicle.

I love my Patriot

by FirstJeep from Green Bay, WI | March 5, 2012

Bought my 2010 Jeep Patriot a few months ago now and I am still loving it! It rides great, handles the Wisconsin winter wonderfully and is a great looking vehicle. The CVT is actually fun to drive and I've been getting 23mpg consistently on my commute to work. I'm very happy with this vehicle and I think Jeep is my new brand!

patriot to replace 2001 cherokee

by jeepster from edgerton,WI | January 23, 2012

the 2010 patriot was priced right has more options than i anticipated.The ride is quiet and has cvt and auto stick and 4wd.....works for me

New car

by Jjudges from Northern new Hampshire | January 16, 2012

We've only owned the patriot for 2 months, but we like it so far. My husband doesn't like how boxy it looks, but it's really comfortable on the inside and handles well. We bought it because it's one of the few 4x4s you can buy with a stick shift. WE LOVE MANUALS! Make more!

Purchased for son

by Dad from NC | October 3, 2011

Needed vehicle with decent mileage/reasonable operating costs that had some appeal to college student. This was the compromise vehicle.

2010 Patriot

by jeremyofauburn from Opelika, AL | October 3, 2011

This small SUV has been good to us. Jeep should consider putting a V6 into it. It looks nice and rides well. I would considering purchasing another based on my experience with this one.

Great economical car

by JeepEd from Florida | September 9, 2011

2010 Limited w/ 5 speed manual transmission (try finding that combination on another car) 15,000 miles. No leaks despite Florida drenchers (no sunroof). Very quiet engine...with A/C fan on low and music on low volume, can barely hear. No mechanical issues. Getting @ 27 mpg in typical suburban driving. Will it go 0 - 60 in five seconds...no, will it corner like a Ferrari...nope, will it impress" fancy car" magazine editors...nope. Will the Patriot reliably, economically and safely haul your stuff and family...absolutley. Highly recommend it.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)