2011 Jeep Patriot

Kelley Blue Book Retail

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

very comfortable and stable!

by jeep owner 1 from Phoenixville, Pa | March 23, 2014

We are very pleased with the performance, stability, and overall experience of the jeep. This has been a pleasure to own and drive this vehicle. Overall we are very pleased with this experience.

Great SUV for the money

by Bobby from Ohio | March 19, 2014

Most "experts" who review the Patriot tend to give it a bad rep, and generally come to the conclusion that it feels "cheap." Well, that's probably because this is a very inexpensive SUV. It isn't ultra-sporty or luxurious, but it also isn't trying to be. The Patriot is a great value for the money. Mine has 20,000+ miles on with no problems thus far. The engine won't win you bragging rights, but it gets the job done as well as decent fuel economy. Mine has the CVT, and although people tend to complain about the noise, if you're normal and drive with the radio on, it isn't really an issue. The Jeep has a comfortable ride and handles well for a boxy SUV. Driving around town is a breeze, the car turns on the dime and is very easy to park. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room whether I'm in the driver's seat or even in the 2nd row. Cargo space is a little tight, but it's flexible enough to make up for it. The interior isn't exactly anything special, but it's put together well and has a great appearance. The controls are also very straightforward and easy to use, even if you're wearing big gloves. I don't do any serious off roading, but if you find yourself on gravel or dirt, or you live somewhere where you have to deal with snow, the Patriot tackles it like a champ. All in all, it's definitely a jeep with it's rugged styling and capability, but it's also comfortable, civilized, and economical enough to be a great all around vehicle.

Worst vehicle we ever bought

by Jeepster owner from PA | March 15, 2014

Bought new in November 2010. In October 2013 the factory warranty was expired. Took in at 38000 miles for state inspection. was told needed front driver side control arm...$375. Service manager at dealership admitted this was a common problem and should be a chrysler recall! Computer had been replaced once when car was brand new. New computer has same problems as old one. Yhe tire pressure light NEVER goes off. In January of 2014, experienced problems with car wanting to stall and would not drive. The electronic throttle control needed replaced to the tune of $600. While at the dealership they also inforrmed us thr passenger side control arm was also bad! Again nothing is covered by the warrant even though still underpower train warranty. Car is now making loud whiningnoise. Took it in. It is the bearings now! car has 43000 miles and is financially killing us! We plan to unload it ASAP! We own a 2005 Jeep Liberty. Itis best car we ever purchased....this One is the worst!

You cannot do better, for the money

by Squeege from western Massachusetts | August 29, 2013

I appreciate the sold, truck-ish feel, but it is also comfortable. The wife likes the heated seats in the winter! Back-end space is rather limited, but the design lets you stack stuff high. The drawback I notice the most is the fabulous headrests. They're supposed to be a safety feature, OK. But they block the view in the Jeep Patriot significantly--- in a vehicle designed with not as much glass as many other vehicles, to begin with. For this reason, I prefer my old Saturn with 300,000 miles on it (yes!) for getting around in the city. Highway driving is less of a problem. My wife does not experienced the same issues, I must add. This stuff does not bother HER. Overall, it is a great car for the money. We didn't buy it for speed and ruggedness. We don't use the 4X4 feature to explore the wilderness--- just to help out in the snow. (We live in southern New England.)

Do not buy

by Distant Driver from Buffalo, NY | August 24, 2013

I have a 2011 Patriot, Latitude. Spent the extra money for the extended warranty because I drive 25,000 miles per year. I have had the Jeep in the dealership at least once a month. They can't seem to find the knocking or popping sounds coming from the rear when going slowly over a small bump. They replaced the complete back suspension with no resolution. I had to replace the original tires immediately because in light rain they hydroplane. I've replaced brakes and rotors in the back and front already. Now the wheels are grinding and the dealer said the wheel bearings are not covered under warranty. It pulls to the right and rotating the tires and alignment have not helped. It seems as if it's ready to stall and if I press the gas, it doesn't. The gas tank is very small so I have to fill it every other day. It gets 22 mpg. I'm tired of waiting at the dealer while they diagnose the problems to only tell me again that nothing is wrong with until it gets bad enough for something to show up. They are of no help. I think it's time for a trade in!

Worst Car Ever!!!

by momof2 from Birmingham, AL | December 7, 2012

I've owned my 2011 Patriot for about a year now. I started having problems with the car around 5,000 miles. It pulls severely to the right making it nearly impossible to keep the vehicle on the road. I have taken it to the dealer five times and they say this is the "normal" design of the car. The steering wheel also vibrates when driving and there is a popping/knocking sound in the front end - again called "normal" design of the car. If this is the normal design of the car, I think Chrysler needs to take these cars off the road and go back to the drawing board!!!! This is the worst car I have ever owned. BUYER BEWARE - DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!

Have owned it a year, quite happy

by skshello from Las Vegas Nevada | September 2, 2012

I purchased this 2011 after having owned a Grand Cherokee for some years. I had to get used to the "tinny" sound when I close the door, but other than that, it rides very well for a 4x4. I like the multi-cd sound system. Seats are comfortable. The only problem I have had is the bluetooth has been looked at by Jeep and my cell provider, and it still is scratchy and cuts out at times. The 4 cylinder is not fast enough to beat anyone off the line (except for a turtle) but when I got used to that, it has enough pep for most of my needs. The A/C is huge in Las Vegas, and I must say that it works very well in this heat. Mileage is decent. I believe it was a good purchase, has lots of room, and I intend to keep it for quite a while. It turns on a dime, considering the size of vehicle....and has good visibility. I have lots of room to put work related items in the back, and these things are easy to reach as I need them throughout the work day.

BEST VEHICLE EVER!!

by BobbyMcGeeJeep from Bussey, Iowa | July 13, 2012

The Jeep Patriot is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Amazing ride on the road, smooth and comfortable. reliable. I will never own anything else!!

Good in sand

by beach bum from Massachusetts | April 10, 2012

I have a 2011 Patriot Sport with all the extras needed for off-road. Most of my off-road driving is in sand on beaches on the East coast of the U.S. If I drop the tire pressure to 15 lbs and use 4WD the Patriot performs very well in the softest and deepest sand. You need to know the basics of driving in the sand, and if you do, do not hesitate to take the Patriot onto the beach.

The best 4x4 for the money

by Patriot Owner from Berwyn,il | January 9, 2012

There is no other 4x4 on the market in this class that is better then the Jeep Patriot. This 4x4 is fully loaded for all the needs a person can ask for. Also the low seating position make you feel completely in control of the truck.