2012 Jeep Patriot

Available in 6 styles:  2012 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Wont buy another Jeep

by Med380 from Baltimore, MD | March 4, 2014

I have a 2012 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 brand new, I use it primarily for a 22 mile commute to work totaling 44 miles a day. first 1k miles started to hear a terrible loud squeak while in reverse coming from the rear brakes. Took it in they replaced the brakes and rotors, still squeaks. at around 12k had to have my water pump and front right tie rod replaced. I currently have 32k miles on it and it sounds like I go off roading everyday and the roads aren't that bad here in MD. I mostly do interstate driving. I will never own another Jeep again. I can't stand this car and I get the worst gas mileage.

2012 JEEP PATRIOT

by TBIRD from pittsburgh | February 17, 2014

Now have over 38,000 and the only thing I've done is oil changes and yearly inspections. Replaced tires at 28,000. Very well equipped with heated seats and remote start. Excellent in snow and very reliable. I have 2.4l engine with CVT tranny. Getting all around driving 23-24 mpg. I drive to work 26 miles 1 way and wife uses a lot. On trip this past summer I got 27-28 highway mpg. Still rock solid suspension and handles very well with NO squeaks or rattles. This fall I will probably look at 2014 Patriot since Its the last year of production (even though they are selling pretty well) and I really do like the styling and reliability that I had with my 2012. I don't care for new Jeep Cherokee styling and I would never buy a 1st model year vehicle. If I had one complaint it would be the size of gas tank (14 gal) Wish It would have been 18+ gal.

Good car for the money but poor on the output

by jeep man from san diego, ca | January 30, 2014

I do love my patriot. It is a 2013 sport FWD. While the car looks like a regular jeep, and can kind of drive off road like a jeep it is definetly not a regular jeep. The cars performance is orrible. Driving up to 60 mph seems like it takes years to do. It is noisy when accelerating and slow. So very slow. On top of the extreme lack of speed the vehicle goes through gas in a rate i do not understand. While it only costs around $40 to fill the tank it seems to run through the first half within a 100 miles. At first I was averaging around 250 miles per tank but now I am getting almost 185 full tank. Needless to say I wish I spent a little bit more on a better vehicle. You get what you pay for I guess but I am upset that such a poor performer has a jeep name tag. Apart from the performance the interior room is great and spacious. The radio is good and the bluetooth works better than many others out there. The comfort of the ride is what you would expect from a car under $20,000 so I cannot refer to it as bad but as comfortable as cheap can get. Would I get one for myself again? No. Would I get one for a soccer mom? Yes.

Great Compact SUV

by Robofuzz from Austin, TX | July 3, 2013

After looking at several options for compact SUVs, we bought a used 2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude with the 2.4 motor and 20,000 miles on it. I have been very happy with the styling, the comfort, the cargo space, and especially the gas mileage. A great little SUV!

2012 Patriot Base Model

by Tommy from Casco, ME | March 30, 2013

I purchased my Patriot 11 months ago as a commuter vehicle. It has FWD and a 5 speed stick. No frills, reliably gets 32+ mpg. Not very peppy, so if you want to pass someone, you'd better be thinking ahead. It's not loud inside like the automatic seemed to be. For less than 15 grand new, it's better than a cramped sub-compact. I would definitely buy another one.

Not good,It's GREAT

by JEEPSTER from Australia | January 8, 2013

Apart from the controls wrong side,indicators,bonnet catch wipers.Mine has lockable fuel cap.Price is great,People have not looked at my car since I had a customised high rider with twin rocket pipes and a radical custom job.Too much to mention always wanted jEEP but they were always big 4 Ltr Jobs.mine is black cvt but looks the part.I was looking at the new Toyota ugly excuse for a crowd pleaser,junk.

Great little suv !

by Beaker from Upstate N.Y. | December 23, 2012

I`ve only had this Patriot 1 month (1300 miles ), but I am very surprised at how capable it is in deep snow and off road. Got the trail rated model with FD 2 package and couldn`t be happier. MPG`s is in the mid 20`s with winter grade fuel and new engine, expect better when car is broke in fully.

2012 Patriot

by kajunar from Louisiana | December 13, 2012

Great little SUV! I'm a fairly big guy that had to start doing a lot of driving for my job. Was running a deisel GMC crew cab everyday and never thought I could settle for a small car. Yep... I drove the honda civic, and most of the other little cars in that arena. They were ok and very fuel efficiant. But I wanted something that can take a beating on our horrible highways here in South Louisiana, something that if I run up on a curb it would cause $1000 in damage, something that I can throw my dog in the back for a ride, something that won't get stuck with light off-roading... A Wrangler you say! Those are sweet, but a l already have a CJ. The Patriot fits what I needed for daily commutes, a great all around vehicle. Handles great and peppy enough with the 2.4 ltr. Spudders like a ATV at idle and runs like it has a motercycle engine under the hood, but it's a Jeep... not an egg shaped prissy little car. Still has the true SUV styling, and I like that!

Horrible gas mileage, feels unstable on freeway

by Patriot owner from Sacramento, CA | December 12, 2012

I bought a 2012 trail-rated Patriot, which makes it an inch taller than the standard 4WD Patriot. It is a nice around town car; easy to park due extra height, tight turning circle and its small size. But there are some problems: The CVT means the engine is taching at 3,000 RPM or above at freeway speeds and, it sucks down the gas. There is no overdrive. It gets under 20 mph if you cruise between 65-70 mph on freeway trips. It's a dog. Usually if you get a car that gets poor gas mileage you get good performance. But with this Patriot I've got poor gas mileage and poor performance. A friend bought a new Toyota Tacoma 4x4 about the same time. She gets better mileage and she blows me off the road and the trail. The engine is loud. It sounds like a Diesel. The dealership blames the CVT for this. The Service Manager called Jeep's CVT a glorified snowmobile transmission. Small cargo space. Smallest in its class. Subaru's Forester is much larger. Brakes started squeaking at about 1k miles. The hill descent control on the Trail Rated model, which engages when in 4WD on a steep grade, sounds like the drive train is being ripped apart. The dealership service manager said this is normal.

Best small SUV available!

by AdventurerSport from Okoboji, IA | November 27, 2012

Our 2012 Jeep Patriot has been very reliable, very fuel efficient, and very fun to drive! It has plenty of room for SUV stuff, but isn't overly sized so much that it's difficult to park or navigate a small drive-thru. The 2.4L engine makes plenty of power for everyday driving, whether in town or on the interstate, we've done it all with this Jeep! We can get up to 30 mpg on the highway, and this Jeep is Full-time 4wd! There is no shifter for the 4 wheel drive, it just goes. Works PERFECTLY for my wife, who is the regular driver and NOT an off-roader by any means! She loves driving her Patriot, enjoys the classic Jeep look and styling, while it still drives like a car until you need it to be a Jeep, and then the four wheel drive works seamlessly to keep traction to all four wheels, all the time! Highly recommended, especially for those that feel they need 4 wheel drive and/or an SUV body style, but don't want to spend a fortune on gasoline. JS