2014 Jeep Patriot

Starting MSRP

Overall

My 2014 Jeep Patriot

by First time jeeper from Greensboro NC | August 27, 2015

Wasn't looking to buy a new car when I went to the dealer but he asked me if I had ever driven a Jeep before and of course then the answer was no! I've had my Patriot about 18 months now and the only thing it needs is gas and new oil every 3000 miles. Up to 17000 miles right now and not even a minor hiccup!! I really don't understand the bad reviews on this car at all! All of the experts seem to not like this car at all but it has done everything I've asked it to and when u fold down the rear seats it can carry a lot more than u think. On top of all that the gas mileage is great and its a very comfortable highway cruiser too! I would recommend the Patriot to anyone who needs a affordable car.

Reliability, MANEUVERability, and style!

by Pete from North Carolina | August 4, 2015

2014 Jeep Patriot High Altitude FWD Got the vehicle with one previous owner, with 19,000 miles. This vehicle is replacing a four door Pontiac Bonneville (which was a fantastic ride - but it had seen it's best days) ... I recommend this to anyone who wants practicality, good looks and a bit of sophistication .. whether you take road trips with it or not. Let's get the worst part of the car out of the way: the CVT Transmission. This has been replaced on many Chrysler vehicles with a 6-speed auto, because people like to have their car SHIFT - cleanly and with no fuss, to the next gear. The CVT, in normal mode, doesn't really do that ... It has a 'gradual rubber-band' concept .. it slowly expands with acceleration, and contracts ... and does leave an unsatisfying feeling. It's like when you get above 15mph it's gripping the engine too tightly, and doesn't let the power unwind. ... But that's in REGULAR mode -- Chrysler had done a not great job of advertising the Auto-Stick feature, and how to use it. - Using the auto-stick, this 2.0 liter engine comes to life! It's good at merging onto the highway ... As you go to turn right, onto the entrance ramp, you put the shifter to the right and a gear will appear (like 5) .. then before you turn you push it to the left and back, quickly three times, and puts you down to 2nd gear ... and gives you all the power you need to get on the freeway! - popping it repeatedly to the right, as the revs signal, 'till you hit 6th gear ... Then you hold it to the right, for 'Drive', give it some gas and put the cruise where you want it. It's easy ... and actually fun! It does mimic a stick-shift ... You basically got a 6-speed built in to the shifter, but many people didn't know it. Even these professional car places, like __, or _&_ just drove it in auto mode, and clocked 0-60mph in freakin' 10.7 seconds or something. I assure you the High Altitude can get to 60 WAY quicker than that. Normal leisurely driving around town, doing errands, with the trans in normal mode you go just fine. The trans is a bit loud, and so is the whole powertrain, but the " professional " reviewers don't understand a lot of people don't care about that. -- I'm a musician and I listen to the stereo all the time. Which, this car has the upgraded stereo - with the sun and sound package (including awesome moonroof) .. Uconnect center, to hook up your smart phone and have hands-free communication ... and Sirius Satellite Radio! Bad-a__. It's got leather seats, 17inch tires and awesome mineral grey rims. As well as the beautiful gun-metal Maximum Steel exterior paint, the sheer amount of stuff in this car really surprised me. And though this a genuine compact SUV, on the highway heavy wind doesn't really bother it - The suspension takes curves with aplomb, and the Patriot never feels tippy. Brakes feel solid, and safe. Cruising between 70-75mph (Jeep has excellent Overdrive) I've gotten about 29mpg highway. The inside really is flat-out luxury - Really cold a/c, with 360-degree vent control ... cool lighted cup-holders ... and heated leather seats, for cold winter days. The 2.0 liter multi-valve motor isn't a torque monster, but if you rev it it will go, on the highway ... and (especially using QT 89 octane gas) will keep up with modern V6s, off the stoplight to 50mph, using the auto-stick. {once you've had a few weeks practice with it}. I don't understand people's reviews different places saying the Patriots with the 2.0 are slow ... They're not. You've got six gears, and 158 horsepower .. And they're ALL THERE. (unlike many import small SUVs) After a couple thousand miles the High Altitude is a great experience, for me and my wife (who travels all around the western part of our state, for her job) ... All in all a satisfying purchase :-)

LOVE IT!!

by Ruby SlippersLove from Cleveland, TN | June 13, 2015

I traded my 2007 GMC Acadia for the 2014 Patriot Latitude in Cherry red. I have had it less than 24 hours but so far I am in love! My kids are now all graduated and working and doing their own thing, so Mama decided to treat herself. The backseat leg room is not great for taller people but not horrible. The road noise is a little annoying nut I just turn up the radio! I will check back in after a few months and update on my opinion after driving it a while. PS. I love the fact that this Jeep doesn't have the blind spots that my more round bodied Acadia had. Nice surprise.

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport

by mpcol06 from Langhorne, PA | January 2, 2015

A super looking Jeep inside and out with outstanding required features. Price for Jeep is the "most bang for your buck"! Great Jeep ride, plenty of room in rear seat, great pick up for a 4 cyl and great gas miles using REGULAR gas! This is a winner and a keeper!

Most Reliable Car on the Market

by Cranberry juiced from Michigan | December 3, 2014

Great car, Very comfortable, and Stylish. Handles great on the Highway. Lots of room to carry and store things. Miles to the gallon is fantastic! I Love my JEEP!!

Perfect so far

by GREAT JEEP from pittsburgh | November 19, 2014

so far I have over 25,000 miles on patriot and the only service has been oil changes and tire rotation. tires look like they could go another 10,000. Like everything about the Patriot. Gas mileage on highway was 29 and around town over 22. Plenty of power. still original brakes. The only issue I have is the small gas tank. 13.5 gal. Mine is a Latitude model (has heated seats, cruise, remote start,pw,pd,automatic, etc. Very well equipped.

Simply amazing

by Jeep fan from Blaine, MN | November 13, 2014

I have owned a few different styles of vehicles ranging from 78 Trans Am to a Ram 1500. I traded in my 2005 Chevy Cobalt for a 2015 Jeep Patriot and I can say so far the Patriot gets around a lot better in the harsh Minnesota winters than my Ram ever did. This is a little small but I would have to say it is well worth the money

It' a Jeep...only smalller

by CarDad from Minneapolis, MN | November 5, 2014

I've had my Patriot for about 6 months, bought it new, and have put over 10k miles on it (commuting to work and road trips up north and to Iowa). It does what I need it to; and that's what you need to look at when considering purchasing one (what do you want your vehicle to do). It's not a Wrangler or a Grand Cherokee, nor is it a nimble sports car. I've yet to use it in the snow (as its only the beginning of Nov), but have gone off road in the north woods of MN with the FD1 package and it performed what I needed it to. Myself (6'1) and my wife (5'10') fit comfortably in the front, and it fits our daughters car seat great. Can load up fishing gear with the seats down with 2 passengers as well. Even took 7 passengers (at once) to a river entry point to do some lazy tubing in WI. Merging onto highways takes some getting used to (I previously owned a Volvo S60 T5), but once you get used to it, it's not an issue. I can get up to cruising and passing speeds safely. Interior road noise is good, as we can carry on conversations on the highway without having to yell Overall this again, does what I need it to. It's tough enough to deal with MN pothole ridden roads and north woods, as well as get me to work daily both safely and reliably. For the money, it's the most off road capable of it's competitors. I looked at Subaru, but the AWD system turned me off (need a flat bed to tow it otherwise you ruin the AWD system and if you pop a tire you have to replace all 4...again, you'll mess up the AWD if all tires aren't equal).Further...they're expensive!! Do your research, and find out what you need your vehicle to do for you.

A bit small but nice!

by Schell from Hemet, CA | October 20, 2014

Traded in a Diesel Pickup for this much smaller vehicle. Already was familiar with Jeep products and was pleased with the way the Jeep dealer handled the deal. Choose the manual transmission so vehicle could be flat towed behind a motorhome. It has been some time since I have driven a manual transmission but found it easy to retrain myself. Vehicle is peppy in the mountains, handles well at freeway speeds and is as fuel efficient as advertised. A/C and heat systems are efficient and A/C does not drag down the 2.0 engine that can be noticed Much smaller than the truck I was driving but still holds a lot of cargo and/or passengers. Leg room is a bit short so on extended trips it will be necessary to get out and stretch now and than but ride is quite comfortable

2014 jeep patriot

by spark from Las Vegas | September 27, 2014

the car handle great the only thing I find wrong is poor gas millage I have to full it up twist to go 257 miles one way to L A from Las Vegas, nv