2014 Jeep Patriot

Starting MSRP

Overall

Simply amazing

by Jeep fan from Blaine, MN | November 13, 2014

I have owned a few different styles of vehicles ranging from 78 Trans Am to a Ram 1500. I traded in my 2005 Chevy Cobalt for a 2015 Jeep Patriot and I can say so far the Patriot gets around a lot better in the harsh Minnesota winters than my Ram ever did. This is a little small but I would have to say it is well worth the money

It' a Jeep...only smalller

by CarDad from Minneapolis, MN | November 5, 2014

I've had my Patriot for about 6 months, bought it new, and have put over 10k miles on it (commuting to work and road trips up north and to Iowa). It does what I need it to; and that's what you need to look at when considering purchasing one (what do you want your vehicle to do). It's not a Wrangler or a Grand Cherokee, nor is it a nimble sports car. I've yet to use it in the snow (as its only the beginning of Nov), but have gone off road in the north woods of MN with the FD1 package and it performed what I needed it to. Myself (6'1) and my wife (5'10') fit comfortably in the front, and it fits our daughters car seat great. Can load up fishing gear with the seats down with 2 passengers as well. Even took 7 passengers (at once) to a river entry point to do some lazy tubing in WI. Merging onto highways takes some getting used to (I previously owned a Volvo S60 T5), but once you get used to it, it's not an issue. I can get up to cruising and passing speeds safely. Interior road noise is good, as we can carry on conversations on the highway without having to yell Overall this again, does what I need it to. It's tough enough to deal with MN pothole ridden roads and north woods, as well as get me to work daily both safely and reliably. For the money, it's the most off road capable of it's competitors. I looked at Subaru, but the AWD system turned me off (need a flat bed to tow it otherwise you ruin the AWD system and if you pop a tire you have to replace all 4...again, you'll mess up the AWD if all tires aren't equal).Further...they're expensive!! Do your research, and find out what you need your vehicle to do for you.

A bit small but nice!

by Schell from Hemet, CA | October 20, 2014

Traded in a Diesel Pickup for this much smaller vehicle. Already was familiar with Jeep products and was pleased with the way the Jeep dealer handled the deal. Choose the manual transmission so vehicle could be flat towed behind a motorhome. It has been some time since I have driven a manual transmission but found it easy to retrain myself. Vehicle is peppy in the mountains, handles well at freeway speeds and is as fuel efficient as advertised. A/C and heat systems are efficient and A/C does not drag down the 2.0 engine that can be noticed Much smaller than the truck I was driving but still holds a lot of cargo and/or passengers. Leg room is a bit short so on extended trips it will be necessary to get out and stretch now and than but ride is quite comfortable

2014 jeep patriot

by spark from Las Vegas | September 27, 2014

the car handle great the only thing I find wrong is poor gas millage I have to full it up twist to go 257 miles one way to L A from Las Vegas, nv

very pleased

by beep jeep from Pana IL | September 13, 2014

The Jeep I just bought is excellent, I am very pleased with the vehicle I got. Kayla did a very good job of selling it to me and I would recommend her to any one I know. Very patient and understanding. She took the time to explain everything there is to know about the vehicle.

15 years later....

by kitsmom from Ann Arbor, MI | August 7, 2014

It was time to replace my 15 yr old Sebing convertible which I dearly enjoyed. The repairs were getting to costly. I truly wanted a Jeep Wrangler, however, the Patriot fit my budget. I absolutely love this little car. Has lots of room, great gas mileage, fun to drive. etc. I like the "square" style of the rear cargo space. I didn't want a "granny wagon" like all of my neighbors own. I highly recommend looking at the Patroit. This model doesn't have sirous radio, bluetooth, gps, etc. That's fine by me. Didn't want it to begin wih.

Best car for the money

by WayneO from Palm Coast , Florida | July 8, 2014

I like everything about this car. Problem free, rides and runs great. I love the "old Cherokee style " looks of the car. The 2.4L engine delivers every thing I need and more.

Cute SUV I've owned!!!!!

by Happy Owner!! from Las vegas | July 4, 2014

I use to have a 1995 grand cherokee, got it with 250,000 miles on it, but was able to use it for another 3 yrs, got a ford sport trac for 5 years, and trade it in..went back to the jeep family because i know i can depend on it.. 1st time i ever owned a brand new 2014 Patriot sport 2.4l, got a good deal, i love the retro design in and out!! Good performance, very roomy, ,comfortable, huge cargo space, you can put a lot of stuff!! So far i do have 2,200 plus miles on my jeep, so far, i have no complain! So happy with my jeep! Well, everybody has their own opinion, but if your looking a reasonable price that fits your budget, i highly recommend this cute suv. You will never go wrong !!!!! I love my jeep... Happy!!!!!!!!

Best 4x4 for the Money

by two Grands now a Pat. from Rochester, MN | July 1, 2014

I have owned my 2014 Patriot Latitude with the 2.4 liter engine and six speed automatic transmission for a year now. I love it more and more every day. It has been reliable and offers confident handling in the Minnesota Winter. I have owned two Grand Cherokees and I like the new model also. The Patriot is smaller and has less power than my previous 5.7 liter HEMI but it is “zippy” with the new 6 speed. The first weekend I had the vehicle my family and I went on a 250 mile road trip, 500 miles round trip. My three children (8,5 and 4) fit in the back seat fine even with car seats in place. My wife was in the passenger seat and I was driving. My Patriot also had the family’s weekend worth of luggage/baggage in the cargo space, it was full. Driving on the highway at 65 mph I was able to get 30+ mpg. I have gladly traded the un-needed horsepower for double the fuel economy. Oh yeah, and the Patriot is $10,000-$25,000 less.

Great little car

by Ol' Sarge from Reno/Carson City NV | June 12, 2014

I was looking for an economical 4X4 SUV for frequent travel from Reon to SF Bay Area especially in winter! I found it. Adequate acceleration, comfort as ONLY a Chrysler product can provide, 23+ MPG combined, overall a perfect choice. Comment; if you think the acceleration is sluggish, go buy a Liberty or Grand Cherokee and experience much lower gas mileage! I have personally owned over 1300 vehicles in 45 years and this is one of the best fits for my current lifestyle. Does good off road also. Go Jeep!!