2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

See Photos & Videos

Overall

4 dr jeep wrangler unlimited

by dkbrown from Opleousas,LA | March 14, 2013

I love this jeep. I have 70000 miles on it and have never had any trouble with it. I have been averaging 18.8 mpg. I have own lots of vehicles and this is probably the best I have ever own!

4 door jeep wrangler unlimited

by snookey from Bloomington IN | February 28, 2013

Handles great. Roomy on the inside. Great body style. We have a 2 door Jeep Wrangler and the 4 door beats it 2 to 1 for comfort and quietness. Recommend buying the hard top vs. the soft top due to noise control. Only complaint I have is that I wish it got better gas milage than 17 mpg. But I would buy another one in the future.

awesome sauce

by 1mudbug from Conroe TX | February 6, 2013

Love the new Wrangler. The new motor is strong and decent MPG for a street legal off road buggy (thats really all it is). I hear lots of cry babies on featuers and comfort, well this is not what a freaking Wrangler is for. If you want comfort and MPG go buy a car. If you want a awesome 4x4 that looks good, gets 19 mpg, convertible, and removeable doors then get a Wrangler. I currently own a 04 Grand Cherokee, 2004 TJ, and a new 4 door Rubicon. Jeep for life right here.

Exactly what I wanted

by John Boy from Pasadena, CA | January 5, 2013

This car was exactly what I wanted. What surprised me was the buying experience. Mercedes Benz of Calabasis had it as a trade in and they were helpful, non-pushy, anasered all my questions and were at least $2,000 cheaper than any other on the market. Demo was my sales person and followed up the right amount. Anyway, I love the jeep, but knew I would. Demo was the big surprise.

Elbow room anyone???

by CarNut from | January 4, 2013

I've always wanted a Wrangler, and when the Limited came out, I thought it would be practical enough for a family vehicle. While it was somewhat practical, cool, fun to drive off-road, I just COULD NOT get over how uncomfortable it was. And really, it was just the fact the door is RIGHT ON YOU. I mean, the only way to rest your left arm, was to open the window. The other disappointment was in the lack of power, while at the same time, poor gas mileage. You should only have to endure one or the other - but not BOTH.

highly dissapointed Jeep lover

by Tryin to hang in there from Springfield, Massachusetts | August 4, 2012

This is my 3rd jeep. i owned a 87 & 90 wranglers before this 2007 wrangler an you could run those forever with minimal problems.. the first 2yrs with my 2007 was alright until the the 3rd year rolled around i started having all kinds of problems with wheel speed sensors, stability problems when i would go over bumps to where the jeep would shake uncontrolably... my dashboard was lite up like a christmas tree with ABS lites, ESP lites ect. not the mention it started to slip out of 1st gear an sometimes 3rd. also. i brought it to the dealership an they told me the gears were loose an they gave me a run around about the warrenty saying that yes it was part of the powertrain but they would have to disassemble it for the warrenty company to look at it an approve it for coverage but if they didnt think it was worn enough then i would have to pay for it to be reassembled... Are u kidding me?? So that wasnt happening so it still slips out of 1st. then i had to start checking the oil on a regular bases because it was comsuming oil like crazy. im talking i would have to keep adding quarts after the 1st 1200 miles after my oil change.. then the 4th year rolled around and i had frontend upper & lower ball joints replaced, then all 4 axel seals replaced and the most recent my thrall bearing went so that meant putting in a whole new clutch! so almost $4000 later im ready to trade in my jeep after 3 yrs of repairs... its really breaks my heart because i am a total jeep person too but i will never purchase another Chrysler made vehicle again!! NEVER! they just DON'T make jeeps like jeep use to anymore.. all the good reviews are probably only because they havent owned their jeep as long as i have 5yrs now... PLEASE BEWARE!!! Talking from experience..

Do NOT buy this car

by Disappointed Wrangler Driver from NC | January 5, 2012

Unless you're purely interested in off-roading don't buy this car. The interior quality is low, it even looks cheap with plastic everywhere, including the doors. The only leather option is the steering wheel. The removable roof is nice if you live in a climate where you can use it, but the hard top is cumbersome, have someone to help you and a place to put it-oh and don't put any electronics in the car since 2008 and 2009 models are notorious for leaking. If Chrysler/Jeep had more integrity they would have issued a recall, instead they issued MULTIPLE service bulletins (a cheaper version of a recall that draws less attention). After 8 repairs I finally filed a suite against Chrylser and returned the vehicle under federal/state lemon laws. The only way to repair the leaking roof is to replace it AND the windshield frame with 2010 components due to a re-designed latch system-but good luck getting anyone in the service department to do this for you. Owning this car for two years I had it at 4 or 5 different dealerships for service all of whom provided some of the lowest quality service I've ever had. Service techs lied to me about the issues I was having and since they lied about them, they also wouldn't perform the correct repairs, I am appalled at how little they were willing to help and that they wouldn't own up their mistakes (making several incorrect or partial repairs). The Wrangler is great if you want to drive somewhere other than the road (of course) but has few to no creature comforts, everything is manual except for the windows and locks now, minimal seat adjustment options, a sluggish engine that gets poor mileage (17-18 at BEST). Both roofs (hard and top) are overly complicated to remove (though it's probably necessary to create a water tight seal-oh wait, it doesn't). Again, if you want to go off road, get a wrangler, but buy a used one without a roof, get muddy, get wet, have fun, and save yourself the money and the headache of buying a newer mode, it's not a family car, commuter, comfortable-good for nothing but the unpaved path.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

by freelance photog from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada | March 10, 2011

This is my second Jeep product and will not be my last. I can assure any and all that there will be other Wranglers in my future. The only problem I've had with this vehicle was some of the seals around the hardtop leaked. I took it back to the dealer and they swapped out the original seals with new 'redesigned' seals and it is now as tight and dry as any 'non' convertible. This thing just goes and goes. What it can't go through, it will go over or around. Nothing stops it. Over a foot of snowfall in one day? Piece of cake. Loose sand? Nothing to it. Deep mud? Pffft! Bear in mind I bought this vehicle with no regard or worry about fuel consumption or niceties like power seats or leather wrapped anything. I didn't care about any of that fluff. I just wanted a vehicle that was dependable, capable, and almost unstoppable. And I got it.

2010 Wrangler 4 dr Sport

by jeeper10 from phoenix az | February 8, 2011

The car is fun and I love Jeeps , this is my 12 th Jeep product. Currently own 2. The engine is weak compared to the 2004 in line 6,4.0 liter I am used to. The first 10,000 miles I have had more shop time than expected. Dumb stuff like bushing in front suspension needed to be fixed after 3 k miles and first off road trip. The paint flaked off the rear differential cover. The power steering pump went @ 9,500 miles, There is a rattle in the B pillar they can't fix , even the dealership owner admitted they knew of the problem but can't fix it. Its very maddening since it is near your left ear when you are driving and is not a constant thing it come sand goes. Mostly when you first start driving. Still there's nothing like a Jeep. You should add an after market Fuel canister evaporator if you off road as this should be protected. I ordered the side impact air bags, $400 extra. The side impact test on line are not good, side impact is not rated on the sticker. New Pentastar engine in 2011 Jeeps supposed to be better. Be aware.... There are no rear seat heat or Air Conditioning vents how dumb was that. Black hardtop really cooks you in summer. Needs some insulation.

BAD

by JEEPS ARE BAD from COLORADO | September 5, 2010

This vehicle is a piece of cr*p, do not buy it. After less than a year it needed transmission work and only made it 600 miles before it started to stall and of course two Jeep dealers can not fix it. DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE!