1995 Jeep Wrangler

See Photos & Videos

Overall

95 Jeep Wrangler

by Snowbird6 from Rural north central Texas | May 19, 2013

This vehicle excels in categories that aren't listed above in your standard review. It will go almost anywhere, when you really need to. It's highly versatile, back seat is removable allowing it to carry a fair amount of cargo. And for these reasons and others harder to explain, it's great fun to drive!

95 wrangler

by jeepers from East granby,ct | August 12, 2012

Great fun vehicle. Totally impractical, but thats what makes it so fun. Hold their value and are easy to work on.

It Will Handle Anything!

by howdy92 from Colorado Springs, CO | June 18, 2012

I just bought my 95 Wrangler a few months ago and it's the greatest car I've ever worked with. A friend of mine was driving it and ran it into a dump truck at 40 mph. After the wreck it started right up and only took me 5 or 6 hours of body work to have it street legal again. It's not super comfortable for a long road trip, but you can't find a more reliable car for day to day driving or off road fun!

Love My 95 Wrangler YJ

by Bucket List YJ from Germantown, MD | May 1, 2011

This is a fun vehicle to drive. If you're like me, you'll spend more time researching, upgrading, detailing than driving it (it's my second car). Taking off the soft top & lifting off the upper doors makes a cool evening drive a real delight!

Only car I would ever buy new , & mine is used

by Smokin'Joe from Pennsylvania | February 20, 2011

My '95 Wrangler is a good car. I bought it in 2003 with 106k miles. Now 145K. It wasn't my daily driver until my other car got dreadful with breakdowns. I live in snow country I believe the Wrangler has the best 4WD system in the industry. ( take that, Tokyo !) I have the 4cyl auto, 4WD, I get about 15-16 mpg city & easily 21-23 hwy. If I fill tank before 75 miles, mileage increases about 20%. Figure that out, I can't The Wrangler is the only car I have ever owned that I would buy new Good Luck

Nice Machine

by Jeepgirl Clifton Park from Upstate NY | December 1, 2010

Got this car for my daughter, used and high mileage. It is the first year they had airbags. We had trouble finding one without severe rust around here, so we went online & out of state to get one in decent shape. She is pleased with it, but it is a thirsty beast for gas. But hey, its a Jeep!

best suv 174000 and still running great

by willjeep from Shelby, MT | August 12, 2010

A Wrangler is not the best family car unless your on your way to the outdoors. Its relability is more than I expected when I bought it used 9 years ago. I would recomend not using a 95 jeep wrangler for a long road trip the seats are ok for about 4-6 hours at most.

My "new" 1995 Wrangler Rio Grande

by GeoSports from Western NJ | June 11, 2010

I finally re-acquired another Jeep Wrangler, this one a 1995 Rio Grande edition. I had the same model, brand new, from 1995-2001. Except for the color, it's the exact same Jeep I had previously. No a/c. no air bags, a 2.5L 4cyl. engine. The dealer did a nice job upgrading wiring, new tires and brakes and it needed about $450 worth of work, which the dealer took off the sales price. So I bought it for $4400 and put about $500 in for this and that. Having a CARFAX helped close the deal. The Rio Grande has a special cloth interior, carpeting and speakers in the roll bar. Nice. The Jeep almost no rust, a hard top and was in generally very good shape for 15 years old. For people who know their Jeeps, this was a good deal. We already knew the ride is noisy and bumpy. We know it's a slug driving uphill on the highway. We know it will need upkeep eventually. But it's a "third car" so to speak. More modern Wranglers cost way too much used (the Cherokee is the by far the best value if you can find a good one). The newer Wranglers also have a lot more that can go wrong with them, too. It's a Jeep, not a commuter car, and you have to love it for what it is. If you know what you're buying into and can find an older YJ -series Wrangler with lower mileage (mine had 111k), you'll get a fun banger and weekend vehicle that can still take on snow, sand and mud. But I wouldn't make a habit of it as I can only afford so much upkeep!

Awesome car

by Tor from Chicago, IL | July 10, 2009

Great vehicle. Grabbed mine in 2002 as a first car. Swore that I would never sell it. Fun/stylish and great with the ladies. Downfalls are weak U-Joints, and the gas mileage, but overall an amazing experience.

Very fun to drive

by Jeep enthusiast from Chicago, IL | June 6, 2007

This is a great car and I would recommend it for anyone and everyone. Although it isn't the most fuel efficient or the most comfortable backseat I've ever been in, I would definitely suggest everyone get one of these cars if you can. It will serve any purpose, except of course street racing. The front two seats are very comfortable and when you take the top off and cruise around town it is a blast! Whether this will be your first car or your last, or maybe even your first and last car, I definitely suggest you get a jeep wrangler. Also, make sure its a stick, you'll be thanking me later.

Featured Services for this Jeep Wrangler