We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

1997 Jeep Wrangler

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Never go back

by Jeep lover from | December 17, 2015

Warning, once you buy a Jeep you will never go back. I love my 97 SE auto wrangler. 4 cyl is not ideal for highway driving but I still do it every day. I have had a few issues, ie. radiator, transmission. Never the less I fix it and go on. Summer diving topless is fun beyond words. I have had it for 3 months and I still drive down the road with a huge smile on my face. Off road handling is better than any other car. I love to go mudding in it. Its hard to get stuck. Again, if you buy a Jeep Wrangler you will fall in love and never go back.

Too much fun

by CIgar from Hudson Ohio | May 12, 2015

Bought this 97 Jeep Wrangler last October. It was great to drive in the winter. But now that it is warm out, it is a blast to drive with the top down. It is more fun than should be legal! When buying a used older Jeep, be sure to check the frame for rust. They tent to rust from the inside out. Repairing the frame can be quite expensive.

Good Jeep

by My name is Earl from Benbrook, TX | June 8, 2014

Bought a 97 Wrangler (actually my son bought it) with 155k miles.from a dealership. It was about to go to a wholesaler so we got a great deal on it. It wasn't all detailed out and the dealer fixed a couple of minor issues on it to pass inspection then it was good to go.The jeep has a 3" body lift with 33" mud tires and everything works fine on it . It runs like a typical jeep and so far, no problems after one month.

97 TJ 5 spd 4 cyl

by Jeep lover! from Phoenixville,PA | May 28, 2013

I was a little timid about buying a 4 cyl jeep. However, this guy surprised me with the pick up it actually does have. I wouldn't suggest it for constant highway/interstate driving but it's great for what I need it to do. It runs better than some newer cars I've driven and it's reassuring to know that if something does happen... Parts are cheap! 4 wheel drive is convenient to have when needed and if I feel like going and getting muddy or getting around on the farm I know I can without a problem!

driven on tuesday

by thehut from near the dealership PA | March 7, 2012

Jepp has issues ...the good Hood wont open...engine lite on...needed jump start...inspection due in 2 days...muffler ready to fall off... the good has a spare tire the doors oopen only if you kick them hard... JEEP price and dealership are WOW RUN AWAY !!!!quickly PIMP MY RIDE material O {{{}}}O

Uses car for Towing

real try

by amg from new york,ny | December 23, 2011

you know i use this car for more than 10 years and i think this is the best car that i have ever drived i suggest this car to who ever want a powerful unexpensive soft car amg

its a jeep thing

by its a jeep thing from Roanoke, Il | December 11, 2011

I have a 2000 jeep wrangler se and I love it. Have a 5 spd and its fun to drive. Been in the fields, dirt roads and water. Has never let me down. I did roll it once, and didnt get hurt. New roll cage and out doing it again.

must fun car i had

by Manny from Camuy, PR | July 2, 2011

I truly enjoy driving the Wrangler with open soft top. use it for everything. Has gain value over time!

great fun multipurpose vehicle

by four wheeler from trinidad,co | January 8, 2011

you won't anything more fun than riding around in a jeep with the top off. It's like riding a motorcycle, only safer. From great turning radius to all around versitility it is more practical than most people think. 4 cyl engine just keeps going and going. Very reliable, simple, and easy to work on. Will take you almost anywhere. Five speed manual gives you great engine speed control.

No Rusts extremely easy

by Wrangler Owner from Pennsylvania | July 30, 2010

Terrible car its rusts extremely easily all around the edges and I've had multiple problems with the engine and the brake line has snaped. Terrible I will never buy a used one ever again.

Featured Services for this Jeep Wrangler