1999 Jeep Wrangler

Available in 3 styles:  Wrangler 2dr SE shown

Overall

Never ending fun

by Jeeper from Central, pa | January 9, 2014

I recently bought a 1999 jeep wrangler Sahara 6-cyl 4.0l. I love working on it mainly because it is very simple. You can find spare parts everywhere. On that note, they are very easy to fix. By owning a jeep, there is a never-ending list of things you can do to customize your ride. My only complaints are that jeeps are very hard to maintain. There is a lot of work required for owning an older model jeep. For instance, JEEPS ARE KNOWN FOR RUST. While purchasing a used jeep, be sure to check the frame! From past expieriences, I can tell you that I have spend a fortune on rust repair mainly on my frame. Overall, buying a jeep is a very wise decision. They are a lot of fun but hard to maintain at the same time. I would take a jeep over a sports car anyday!!

jeep can go anywhere!

by JeepBeGood from Wilmington, NC | October 6, 2013

This Wrangler Sport 1999 is great. Used synthetic oil since 1998. Runs great on road but awesome off road. Been in sleet, mud, snow, floods! It keeps going! Literally everywhere. But...its bad on gas of course. It is prone to dents, it does have blind spots...granted a lot of vehicles do. But it has 181000 miles and still runs. But gas prices have me thinking to opt for another vehicle. So I won't get much if I traded it in. If I fix it up, it will cost me $2k ie new top, paint, tires etc. I will get a lot more, close to $5k if I did. On other hand, I might keep it as a back up too. Either way, I am glad to have this Jeep. It's been fun!

Lots of Fun and good long term value

by Real Estate Professional from Central PA | July 28, 2013

I recently purchased this 1999 Wrangler Sahara and am really impressed with how much fun it is to drive, and how many heads it turns for being 14 years old. It's simple by design yet sophisticated enough to use for business on occasion. Love it thus far!

Great car - not for everyone

by High Desert Jeeper from Victorville | April 9, 2012

The statement "It's a Jeep Thing..." is so true. This is my 8th Jeep (2nd Wrangler), and I just love them, but they are not for everyone. If you want fun, versatility and just all around capability - this is the car for you.

Its a Jeep

by Jeep lover from Ct. | December 20, 2011

Most people do not buy a Jeep for speed or highway handling, nor have I. This vehicle is reliable and strong in bad weather with 4 wheel drive when needed and easy on your wallet for repairs, although seldom needed. A very practical 2nd or 3rd vehicle. Should not be used as a primary vehicle unless you live in the outback.

Purpose built

by Bill from Westchester, NY | December 19, 2011

Although I've never had a Wrangler, I've always had a 4x4 of some sort to get to my out-of-the-way country house and do the chores necessary in the woods such as bringing in materials and equipment, dropping trees, cutting and splitting for cordwood. Since my wife would not be seen in a pick-up truck, despite the fact that my boys would welcome one, all of this and more were done in a larger SUV often with a trailer in tow. The Jeep fills in the role perfectly. The road to the house is very rough, hilly and is often washed out by heavy rains. The Jeeps' short wheel base, steep entry and exit angles, 4x4 ability and small size work well here (an older 4x4 system without limited slip differential, oh, and I don't climb rocks)

NOTHING BEATS SPRINGTIME IN A JEEP

by SPRINGLOVER from BATON ROUGE, LA | April 13, 2011

Bought as a second car to haul my dog. It's been a blast. All the fun of a convertible with the height of a truck. I bought used. Haven't done any off-roading in it so can't rate the performance of the 4wd but the fun factor is A+.

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

by Jeeper from Lancaster, PA | December 20, 2010

I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 33 inch tires and American Racing wheels! I love the way this Jeep Drives and handles the "unbeaten" path! Very Reliable I have 127,900 miles on and no major problems. Runs great drives great. Has a little rust like most Jeeps from the sand and mud. Overall This is the Ultimate 4X4, not to mention the fun of going topless in the summer! :)

Never let you down

by panhead from Central Pennsylvania | April 21, 2010

These Wranglers with the 4.0 Inline engine are the MOST RELIABLE engines ever made. These things were bullet proof, and if you can snag one up, then do it. These vehicles were made for the army to take abuse, and they can, and will still perform the way you want them to. The factory parts are some of the best out there, but Jeeps can be modified so much, and be made even more fun. The more mods the better!

Jeepster Fan

by dee from Hudson NY | July 13, 2009

I bought my Jeepster ( 99 Wrangler 4cyl. soft top) used in 2001 it has been a pleasure to drive and own. Even though the gas mileage leaves something to be desired, I have enjoyed every minute of ownership, Its a bear in the snow. I would recommend this lil Jeepster to anyone that is looking for a reliable 4 wheel drive.

Featured Services for this Jeep Wrangler