2005 Jeep Wrangler

See Photos & Videos

Overall

FUN and FREE

by pgashawn from Fort Myers, FL | November 30, 2013

Beach Buggies in Fort Myers FL For a SPECIAL Christmas gift to my Mrs., last week I purchased a 2005 Jeep Wrangler X. The team at Beach Buggies made you feel part of the family within seconds! No pressure, NO BS! If you want a FUN weekend ride, I strongly recommend the gang at Beach Buggies! Pgashawn

Pretty decent vehicle

by Jeepin! from Elkton, MD | August 9, 2013

I bought this used vehicle from Cooks Volkswagen in Fallston, MD and its a pretty nice Jeep! Customer service was nice. Only thing was I had to get the jeep looked at 2 times after I brought it home due to the check engine lights coming on twice and then the KC fog lights not working. Cook had fixed the problem for free. All in all I had a great experience.

4 Cylinder Jeep is a waste of money!

by 4 Cylinder Jeep is a waste of money! from Gulf Shores, Al | July 31, 2013

If you want a jeep, do not waste your money on a 4 cylinder, spend a little more and get a 6! Enough said...

I love my Jeep

by Paryted from Lanoka Harbor, NJ | September 21, 2012

I purchased a 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 23,940 mi. on her. At first I thought that there must be something wrong! It was very clean, it did not look 7 years old. I took it for a drive and it drove like new. As hard as I tried I could not find a problem. I waited about 3 months to write this review as I wanted some time to pass to let out any pimples that I did not notice right away. After the time has passed I have found one or two points of contention with my Jeep. If I had a choice I would have gotten a 6cyl as there is a lack of power in 5th and 6th gears. There is plenty of torque in the lower gears though. If you are looking for good gas mileage ( even with 4cyl) don't buy a Jeep. I am averaging 18 mpg so far. I bought this car because I wanted a Jeep. Only change would be to get 6cyl, otherwise no qualms with this purchase. It's a Great Jeep.

Most fun vehicle I could possibly own

by Off roader from Michigan | July 10, 2012

Jeeps are fun, reliable, and good-looking. With a Jeep, you can go just about anywhere, considering the short wheelbase and good offroad capability. That being said, it is also a good daily driver. The gas mileage isn't great but, that should be expected when buying a vehicle like this. Overall, I am in love with the Jeep, and I don't think I'll ever own a different brand of vehicle.

fun car

by bugs from florida | April 20, 2012

great for back road driving. i have had for 5 years and have had very few problems. top down in cool weather is a blast. ac is cold on the hot days

Uses car for Off-roading

05 Jeep Wrangler TJ

by marinerson from Massachusetts | January 16, 2012

Beware if you buy this used. Make sure the defective gas tank has been replaced when it was under warranty. Mine was not, 04-08 have defective gas tanks and they only extended the warranty on the 07 and 08 models. Basically, when filling up the gas tank overflows and spits gas all over the place. YouTube has some good videos of this problem. To fix it on your own it is roughly $1000 parts and labor. Needs a brand new gas tank.

Great Offroad Vechicle

by Jeep from wichita ,ks | November 20, 2009

Have about 55,000 miles, no trouble except battery going dead. Lifted on 33 with goodyear mtrs. If you want mpg get something differnt, if you want dependable go anywhere performace get a jeep, still the best offroad vechicle.

Wrangler X- My First New Car

by Jeep Fanatic from Toledo, OH | March 17, 2008

This was my first new car- 4.0L, I6, manual transmission, soft top. I had wanted a Jeep since I was 13 and finally bought one! This Jeep is fun to drive in the winter or summer. It is a convertible in the summer and a 4x4 in the winter. For me, there is nothing more relaxing than taking the doors off, putting the top down, and driving on a warm summer day! The six speed manual is a nice surprise, except for the defect of it popping out of gear while in reverse. The engine is solid with years of Jeep experience behind this powerplant. There is plenty of head room and the speaker pods mounted to the roll bars are a great idea. Gas mileage is OK to Good for a 4x4 suv (which it is not, it's a Jeep). The turning radius is amazing. It has an OBD II code reader built into the digital odometer guage- I love this feature! The heater is amazing, you will not be cold in the front seats! I own a Liberty, Commanche, and Wrangler. Unfortunately, the Wrangler is the worst of the three in the snow. However, my Wrangler is better in mud than the Commanche. It is OK in sand. My suspension is getting rougher the older it gets. I had to have my top replaced and front axle seals replaced under warranty. The back seat is cramped. It takes a solid 3-5 minutes to get the soft top on and off. We looked at the hard top models, but they looked unfinished in the inside and we figured we would never take the top off! I have also noticed some bad welds on my vehicle. It has the aerodynamics of a McDonald's Happy Meal on windy days...which can be a bit shaky. This is not a family car, you need to come up with creative ways to pack things into this vehicle. A major plus for me is the Jeep community. This vehicle has a cult following. The aftermarket segment for this vehicle is huge, whether it is lift kits or fog lights, you have hundreds of choices. The resale value of these vehicles usually remains pretty high. Overall, I do not plan to ever get rid of this vehicle. When I pull it out of my daily driver rotation, it will eventually become a project! As I mentioned above, my wife and I refer to "her" as our Happy Meal. There is a prize inside every box, but not everything inside is a luxury item!

Great and Fun

by Sgt Airborne from Texas | August 19, 2006

I love my jeep. It is so fun to drive. I love it when the top is down on a nice sunny day! It is a little bumpy but I dont really mind that. And I can also lug stuff around with the new unlimited model since I have extra space in the back.

Featured Services for this Jeep Wrangler