2008 Jeep Wrangler

Available in 9 styles:  2008 Jeep Wrangler 2dr 4x4 shown

Overall

2008 Jeep Sahara

by Jeep from Tallmadge,Ohio | October 10, 2015

Looked for a while to find the right Jeep for me. I wanted the Sahara model with the hardtop . Finally located one with all the options available and one owner.Very happy with my Jeep.

Love it

by Jenkins Jeepers from Monroe Ga | July 28, 2015

We bought out 2008 wrangler and love it ,it is fun to drive love the soft top it is the best . Could not be any happier . Wanted a jeep for years glad we have ours now ,going to the mtns this weekend and ride around . The Jenkins Jeepers

is what it is

by paul1968 from west haven,ct | July 25, 2015

I have nothing bad to say about my 2008 wrangler. I have had them before and they are not a lexus. Its the poor mans convertible or a 4x4 convertible and there are not to many other vehicles like that.. For me it is fine but it does have a little rugged ride but it is a better ride then the 2007 dodge ram for sure. I didn't buy it new and if I did I would have gotten a few more things such as power windows but again its fine for me. Great little vehicle

Looks good...poor support from Jeep

by 2 Jeep from Omaha Nebraska | July 14, 2015

Overall I like my vehicle. I am less than satisfied with the support from Jeep and the poor Jeep Service in Omaha, Nebraska. Reasonably reliable. Two issues. For the last two years the starter does not turn over consistently. Local Jeep dealer tried to fix it ...said they could not find the problem and charged me for success. Recently the clockspring in my airbag needed to be replace. Identified as a warrantee item. Was told warrantee was only for right handed vehicles... So I spent $700 to fix a non moving part that was under warrantee only if I was somewhere in England!

Fantastic jeep! Beast off road

by Jeep freak 7 from Severna park, MD | April 8, 2014

This jeep is fantastic! I love everything about it. I love customizing my cars and making them unique and with a jeep there's always more to do. The only down sides are the V6 doesn't give enough power and the floaty suspensions makes it's feel out of control at times. I took my jeep off roading the other day and there was nothing it couldn't concer weather it's a mud pick or a hill it didn't even struggle.

Jeep Wrangler (JK) and dealership

by 4xMark from Norwich, CT | October 25, 2013

The Jeep (JK) Wrangler "Sahara" package is what I bought. Great vehicle. Really could have given all 5-stars as one doesn't really look for "comfort" when buying a Wrangler style Jeep. The interior design only got 4 stars because there could be more cubbies/storage places and grab bars even with the pad covered roll bars and a place to hang a jacket or something in the back. Other than that, great layout. Overall this is my childhood dream come true to own a Wrangler. Makes me smile to drive it and the friendly waves from fellow Wrangler drivers makes the experience of owning one all the better.

Jeep Wrangler - Best of Both World's

by Pocampo from Houston Texas | July 10, 2013

Whether you purchase a Jeep Wrangler as your daily driver, or for weekend warrior adventures, it's a great SUV. My recent purchase of a pre-owned Wrangler (2008) was for my 16 year old twins to share. I'm not sure how they are going to work out the details of who gets the car on what days, but that's their problem, not mine. My problem was finding a used SUV that is reliable, affordable, yet stylish in the eyes of a teenager. The Jeep Wrangler accomplished this goal.

What an upgrade from my CJ5

by VW Split Bus Guy from Huntington Beach, CA | May 23, 2013

I drove the 6 speed manual trans version of the Wrangler before buying the 4 speed automatic version. It's well worth the extra money for the automatic, far more comfortable to drive. The Wrangler is surprisingly quiet, even with a soft top. The a/c and heater are way better than what would be required. The turning radius is very tight, making the Wrangler a blast to drive. The brakes are outstanding. The engine has smooth but moderate power. Some things I wish the Wrangler came with but doesn't: A hood lock, hood lift, tailgate prop, door hinge locks, locking fuel door and a bracket to keep the rear folding seat from rolling around when tucked away.

long time wrangler driver but several headaches in

by kdbp1213 from Oklahoma City, OK | May 15, 2012

Have driven Jeep Wranglers since fall 1994 when they lacked airbags and back seats. I bought my current '08 Wrangler X in Dec '08. It's been a fun and reliable vehicle except three issues that I've never encountered in a '94, '00, '05, & '06 Wranglers. 1. Around the 25K mile mark in the '08, I had to replace the steering dampener because of the 'death wobble.' Several times in Feb & March '11, I'd lose control of the Wrangler for 10-40 seconds on interstate driving. It was scary for me and other drivers around me. 2. Around the 35K-range, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and the Sentry Key System lights indiscriminately have started popping on and off when they should not popping on and off. Dec '11 to May '12 opening a STAR case, a local Jeep dealer has thrown several 'fixes' at it but both lights pop off and on at the wrong occasions in the 39K-range. 3. The third issue was a significant drop in MPG. Dec '08 to Jan '11, my Wrangler's six cylinder engine got 17-20 MPG around town and 20-25 MPG on the highway. Since then, I'm getting 10-13 MPG around town and 15-19 MPG on the highway. My driving habits have not changed during the MPG change. Local Jeep service departments could not explain drastic change in MPGs.

Greatest car I've ever had

by car expert from Georgia, GA | October 26, 2011

i think it is an amazing car and wouldnt trade or sell for anything. having this car is really helping me to look good and feel great and i plan on gibving it to my son