2008 Jeep Wrangler

Available in 9 styles:  2008 Jeep Wrangler 2dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Fantastic jeep! Beast off road

by Jeep freak 7 from Severna park, MD | April 8, 2014

This jeep is fantastic! I love everything about it. I love customizing my cars and making them unique and with a jeep there's always more to do. The only down sides are the V6 doesn't give enough power and the floaty suspensions makes it's feel out of control at times. I took my jeep off roading the other day and there was nothing it couldn't concer weather it's a mud pick or a hill it didn't even struggle.

Jeep Wrangler (JK) and dealership

by 4xMark from Norwich, CT | October 25, 2013

The Jeep (JK) Wrangler "Sahara" package is what I bought. Great vehicle. Really could have given all 5-stars as one doesn't really look for "comfort" when buying a Wrangler style Jeep. The interior design only got 4 stars because there could be more cubbies/storage places and grab bars even with the pad covered roll bars and a place to hang a jacket or something in the back. Other than that, great layout. Overall this is my childhood dream come true to own a Wrangler. Makes me smile to drive it and the friendly waves from fellow Wrangler drivers makes the experience of owning one all the better.

Jeep Wrangler - Best of Both World's

by Pocampo from Houston Texas | July 10, 2013

Whether you purchase a Jeep Wrangler as your daily driver, or for weekend warrior adventures, it's a great SUV. My recent purchase of a pre-owned Wrangler (2008) was for my 16 year old twins to share. I'm not sure how they are going to work out the details of who gets the car on what days, but that's their problem, not mine. My problem was finding a used SUV that is reliable, affordable, yet stylish in the eyes of a teenager. The Jeep Wrangler accomplished this goal.

What an upgrade from my CJ5

by VW Split Bus Guy from Huntington Beach, CA | May 23, 2013

I drove the 6 speed manual trans version of the Wrangler before buying the 4 speed automatic version. It's well worth the extra money for the automatic, far more comfortable to drive. The Wrangler is surprisingly quiet, even with a soft top. The a/c and heater are way better than what would be required. The turning radius is very tight, making the Wrangler a blast to drive. The brakes are outstanding. The engine has smooth but moderate power. Some things I wish the Wrangler came with but doesn't: A hood lock, hood lift, tailgate prop, door hinge locks, locking fuel door and a bracket to keep the rear folding seat from rolling around when tucked away.

long time wrangler driver but several headaches in

by kdbp1213 from Oklahoma City, OK | May 15, 2012

Have driven Jeep Wranglers since fall 1994 when they lacked airbags and back seats. I bought my current '08 Wrangler X in Dec '08. It's been a fun and reliable vehicle except three issues that I've never encountered in a '94, '00, '05, & '06 Wranglers. 1. Around the 25K mile mark in the '08, I had to replace the steering dampener because of the 'death wobble.' Several times in Feb & March '11, I'd lose control of the Wrangler for 10-40 seconds on interstate driving. It was scary for me and other drivers around me. 2. Around the 35K-range, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and the Sentry Key System lights indiscriminately have started popping on and off when they should not popping on and off. Dec '11 to May '12 opening a STAR case, a local Jeep dealer has thrown several 'fixes' at it but both lights pop off and on at the wrong occasions in the 39K-range. 3. The third issue was a significant drop in MPG. Dec '08 to Jan '11, my Wrangler's six cylinder engine got 17-20 MPG around town and 20-25 MPG on the highway. Since then, I'm getting 10-13 MPG around town and 15-19 MPG on the highway. My driving habits have not changed during the MPG change. Local Jeep service departments could not explain drastic change in MPGs.

Greatest car I've ever had

by car expert from Georgia, GA | October 26, 2011

i think it is an amazing car and wouldnt trade or sell for anything. having this car is really helping me to look good and feel great and i plan on gibving it to my son

best car ever bought!

by ed from L.A. ca | August 16, 2011

best car i ever bought!!!! its incredible what this jeep can do on and off road! highly recommended to everybody!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best Wrangler Yet

by 442Wrangler from | May 11, 2011

I've owned a TJ and YJ and this Rubicon that I bought surpasses both in quality and comfort. Highly recommended! I love the sway bar disco and the lockers, they definitely help me in the rocks and off the beaten trail!

Wouldnt buy anything else

by Jeeper from vt | March 5, 2011

Im on my third Jeep and I love them. I hate to see reviews of people complaining about the ride. Didnt you test drive it? Dont you know its a Jeep, made for off road, if you want a soft cushy ride go buy a Honda or a Toyota. Nothing beats a Jeep off road. My only complaint is I think they should of stayed with the time proven straight six. Guess well have to wait and see how the v6 holds up over time. OlllllO

Just drive it.

by Gotta Have A Jeep from Denver, CO | February 27, 2011

Okay, like many, I 've read the reviews and decided to try the jeep wrangler anyway. I personally got a great deal on a Wrangler X soft top. Now for those of you whom want the smooth, quiet ride... this is NOT the vehicle for you. For those of you whom want to feel the road, take the top and the doors off, and look towards the mountains (I live in Colorado) to think, 'But a mole hill.' This is the car for you. It's not a sports car... it's not a minivan... it's a vehicle tuned to go off road! The ride is bumpy but it WILL get you where you need to go, regardless of the weather. I've had the jeep for three winter months and I've never failed to reach my destination, nor has it ever failed to start on the first turn. But now I ramble. Great car, drive it and see why so many people in Colorado have one. -TK

Featured Services for this Jeep Wrangler