2012 Jeep Wrangler

17 city / 21 hwy

Overall

Upon further review

by Bouncedalot from Coastal Carolina | January 1, 2014

I wrote an earlier review from before I Installed spacers and can only tell you that if I had changed tires and installed the spacers earlier, I would have had a much more favorable opinion on this Wrangler. It vastly improves the ride on the highway and off road, making this vehicle much more stable. I used 1.75 spacers and feel like this is the way the Wrangler should come off the assembley line. The best part about this vehicle are the Pentastar and transmission that seem to be mated much better than jeeps of the past.

It's a jeep

by Bouncedalot from Southeast Carolina | December 17, 2013

I have owned the 2012 Sahara with Pentastar for 2 years. I do a lot of beach driving and had to get rid of the sorry Bridgestone Dueler tires after getting stuck twice in areas where our Subaru travels with ease. My transmission drained all the fluid out on the beach and had to be towed to the dealer. Later I found out there was a recall for this. The only other problem that I had was the soft top tore up after just two months. The replacement top already has a hole in it as well. I have larger Falcon tires now and while it is much better off road, they have dropped my mileage down to 15.4 combined. The larger tires also throw you around more on rough highways so keep that trade-off in mind if you decide to go with bigger tires.

jeeps r best

by okleycac from boston,mass | June 22, 2013

hi , iam a jeep lover, i had a brand new bmw,i also have horses and ofchorse a compion , DOG THAT IS. so i said to my huisbentd , iam going out and bye kendle a jeep. so i bought my dog a 2000 wrangler,and i drove it only, i forgot about my car. it turned 228,000miles and was still kicking when i traded it in on another one, never the less iam on my 3rd wrangler, its a 2012 beautiful cherry hardtop manual.and iam picking it up on monday, and i cannot waiot, oh yes, iam no spring chicken, i will probably wil be senile when its all paid for but who cares, iam going along for the RIDE LOL SO EVERYONE !!!enjoy your jeeps,

Jeep Enthusiast

by MyJeepFinally from Texas | April 16, 2013

Enjoy the quick feel the Jeep has. Enjoy the versatility the Jeep offers whether that be off road, taking the top down, take the doors off and go for a drive. Very happy with the updates the Jeep has made since the last one I had in college. The rag makes minimal noise. It is relatively easy to take down and set back up. Before you basically had to comit, topo or no top, because getting everything back together could take 1 hour. Now I can do it alone and within 5 min.

Car of my dreams

by T Bone from Racine WI | December 13, 2012

I havent put enough miles on my jeep for its first oil change yet but with only 2500 miles on it, I LOVE IT! Traded my BMW m3 in for it without any regrets.

2door Wrangler Sahara rocks

by Pennst8r from Lehigh Valley PA | November 25, 2012

This is my second Jeep and my first Wrangler. I Love everything about this car including the way it handles on the road. The size is optimal for me and I love the ability to make lots of mods. I expect to have this jeep for at least a decade. I did have to get used to the reduced view out the back of the vehicle.

it hasnt got me lost and it has got me home

by stuck n mud from | September 28, 2012

I wish that i could afford a pair an unlimited two door and the one that i bought you guys build the best

DOZOR

by dozor1 from DALLAS TX | September 27, 2012

AWESOME I LOVE IT, THE COLOR, THE PEP THE KOWNING THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO RETURN WITH NO PROBLEMS, IT'S A JEEP!!!!!!!!!!

Jeepers

by Jeepers Bruce from Oklahoma, OK | September 24, 2012

Overall an awesome vehicle, really enjoyable to drive with lots of plush features compared to the older Jeeps. You can tell electronics are not the shining achievenemt of Jeep though. I have had a couple of times the windshield wipers just go off randomly once. I think it is a grounding issue from what I have heard from other Jeep owners in forums. The 2 door has very little foot room in the back seat so get the 4 door if you are a people mover... I just have a dog and a husband to cart around so back seat room was not really a big concern to me. The 2 door has more power per weight of vehicle and that's what I wanted and definately got. There is no car/truck that parallel parks better. The short wheel base is awesome and you can park just about anywhere. The plastic frame buzzed a little bit when it was vibrated by the sound system (when turned up to "this is my jam" volume) but the dealership fixed the issue by padding the buzzing part of the panelling from underneath. All issues are small overall and it is really alot of fun to drive and even park.

Glad I made the plunge to buy a Jeep

by Always used to drive sports cars from Westbury, NY | August 24, 2012

I had my eye on the Jeep Wrangler for several years. When I had to get a new car I drove many makes and models, and kept comiong back to the Jeep. I like the image it portrays, the fact that it sits high up, the fact that other cars give it a lot of respect.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)