2009 Kia Borrego

Available in 9 styles:  2009 Kia Borrego 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Bring back the borrego

by Navy wife from Lancaster,Ohio | November 21, 2014

I bought my borrego in 2009. I love it. Its comfortable, stylish and enough room for my big family. I've had it for 5 yrs now without a problem until it hit 95,000 miles now I'm an a monthly basis of fixing something. Altinator, starter, a/c, and now the heater/ ac motor is going out. The traction control will turn off on me for a week at a time but then fix itself. I don't know if the problems I'm having now is just wear and tear or because it was the first borrego that came out and the bugs needed fixed. But I can not complain with 5 yrs of absolutely no problems with it until now. I do wish they would bring it back. I really don't know why they stopped makeing them. I would defiantly buy another!

Awesome SUV

by Mom o' 3 from Tucson, AZ | April 23, 2014

We had originally wanted to look at the Ford Explorer... But the price didn't agree with us. Our dealer showed us the 2009 Borrego and we fell in love with it! It looks stylish from the outside and once you get inside, the nicities keep going! Its roomy (My husband is 6'4, and its comfortable for him) and we've got 2 growing kids and a baby on the way, all of whom will be able to fit in this car comfortably. The cargo space is fantastic, all rows of seats fold down. The turning radius is amazing considering the size of the car. It steers like a dream and has great pickup. Mine gets 24 hwy mpg and around 18ish in town. This is a great family sized SUV and Im so glad we bought it! :)

wish I could talk Kia into bringing them back

by jacksonclan from ST LOUIS MO | March 29, 2014

We were looking for a 4x4 and almost bought a Yukon Denali for around $64,000. but due to the rude people at the dealership, we left. A friend recommended that we try a Kia, so we did. We told them we wanted high clearance and (true)4 wheel drive and a third row of seats but wanted it small enough to fit in our garage. They were just unloading a black one from the truck. It was OK. then we DROVE it!!! WOW...for a v6 it would really go!! And the brakes would stop you on a dime!..Plenty of room in the third row for two LARGE adults. The best part, we got it for right at $25,000. We were impressed, too, by the safety record. Unfortunately, we were caught in a 7 car pile up on I270.....we were hit head on and in the side and in the rear.......the car gave its life for us BUT the three of us walked away without a scratch....no so for the several others that were taken away by ambulance. It took me 11 months to find a used one that was still in good shape. But nothing else would do!! I love the ground clearance and feel I can go anywhere with the turn of a dial!! all wheel, 4 high or 4 low....and my husband has pulled a trailer with a farm tractor on the back....pulls like there is nothing there. The mileage is not very good, but I will sacrifice that for its ability to get me where I need to go in snow and its pulling power and its safety! I wanted ground clearance (in case I needed to go through the field next to my house) the ability to pull heavy objects, third row of seats (even though I rarely use them) smaller size so it can fit in my garage and its just easy to park, real 4 wheel drive and great acceleration and braking. GOT IT!! My old v6 was peppier than my v8, but I figure the power on the v8 was for pulling, not for racing. My husband travels world wide and sees the MOJAVE (as it is called elsewhere)all over the place. I wish Kia would consider bringing it back to the US...Go drive a used one, if you are lucky enough to find one in good shape BUY IT!! Or if you are REALLY picky, go spend your $84,000. on an Infinity Q56.

Lover the styling and price hate the ride

by Average Truck 4x4 owner from Milwaukee, WI | October 2, 2013

2009 Kia Borrego EX V6 4wd with leather package. I have owned this SUV for 6 months and need some winter driving to get this vehicle a fair and though exam. I was very happy with the dealership, sales person experience and the price. Great value for the money with a price comparison of 3-5k less than the comparable models (Honda Pilot and Nissan Pathfinder) when shopping. I like the look and styling even though it is not especially distinctive. The V6 engine is smooth, refined, and has good power. The engine has mid ranged horsepower and torque, a little different then the truck torque a was used too. The interior is great! The leather seat are very nice and comfortable on long trips. The sirius factory radio is nice and clean sounding. Lots of storage space in the doors and counsel area. The only troubles so far is finding aftermarket parts. I need rear shocks and can not find one company who makes them. I have searched the internet and called all the American manufacturers who make shocks with no luck. If the O.E.M. shocks only last 55k miles, I would prefer to buy another brand. Other truck 4x4 parts are not available either. No suspension lifts. No larger wheels. If you are interested in a nice factory SUV with great towing, great engine and lots of room. This is one S.U.V. worth a good look.

Best Value in SUV out there!

by WRH7787 from Louisville,KY | July 29, 2013

We bought two of these and have had awesome luck with them!! Kia missed the timing mark in the SUV market and ended up shutting the line down for the US but kept selling in Canada under the Mohave name. They really hit the nail on the head, there are so many little things that make this vehicle a winner along with the big stuff. The engineers really listened to the customer base, they added a bunch of creature comforts and it really shows. The design is clean and crisp, plenty of power, towing capacity is strong in both the V6 and V8 and gas mileage isn't bad at all, we average about 20mpg.

Best Vehicle I hve ever owned

by Mr Car Nut from Ocean View, DE | December 2, 2012

I bought this SUV to travel and put 5000 miles on it in the first 60 days. It has done extremely well. I was able to get almost 25 mpg on the V-8 for a couple of tanks of gas driving across the country when I was careful. I was surprised with the handling and the sensitivity to tire pressure. When I increased the tire pressure to help with mileage I felt every little bump and it didn't help with the mileage. I does well at the 32psi called for on the door. I still haven't figured out everything on the Limited EX version but my grand kids tested a lot of the features.

Most Reliable car I've Owned

by MORIS from NY | May 11, 2012

I love this car, I hope I can buy a new one for 2013, and I hope that every one can get it..... it is great car.

We love this car!!!

by umgoblue80 from Washington, DC | December 13, 2011

We bought a 2009 Borrego after checking out a lot of other SUVs with third row seating. We've had it for about 2.5 months now and we love it just as much as the day we bought it. It has everything we wanted and most of all it didn't cost an arm and a leg. We have 2 kids under 4 and the car seats fir in the back with no problem. We have a dual jogging stroller that fits in the back with ease and we still have room for all our groceries. The car has 3 different power outlets, great ground clearance, and with over 250hp the pick-up seems to be better than average. The only two drawbacks I have found so far is that a) I don't like the angle of the headrests, so I flipped 'em backwards. FIXED. b) You have to open the entire back every time. You can't just open the glass. Oh well, my buddy has a Nissan Armada and we compare our cars all the time. He loves his car and for the $45K+ he paid, he should. I'm more than happy with my similarly equipped Borrego that I got for $15,500!!

2010 kia borrego

by oz from sth cal | December 10, 2011

bought it in canada @drove it down to sothen cal averaged 20mpg easy to drive good visabilty as good as our old pathfinder

Super large SUV!

by Roger from Republic of Panama | September 18, 2011

I rented a Borrego in early 2010 for two weeks having never considered buying one for myself. Needed the cargo space and it looked huge....which it is. I've had Mercedes, Jeep, BMW & Range Rover SUV's since the early 90's....and this one may be the best. It has the largest cargo and the best value. Bought used in April 11 with only 9500 miles with leather and power seats for only $19,000! Imported to Panama where I needed a large SUV. This car is still sold in Canada and many other areas of the world so parts should not be a problem. I am very pleased, and the gas mileage is pretty great!

Featured Services for this Kia Borrego