2010 Kia Forte

Available in 3 styles:  2010 Kia Forte 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2010 Forte SX = INCREDIBLE

by Trevor from Canada | March 12, 2014

Let me get this out of the way: you are NOT going to find a car like this for your money. The SX trim gives you an interior that is comparable to much more expensive cars, and even then, I'd argue that the Forte wins. The seats are supportive, and the red stitching makes it all look very premium. It is massive and comfortable, and feels very sporty in how it drives. I cannot recommend this enough. Get the SX trim if you can FOR SURE.

I Like It

by Paul D from | April 16, 2012

I couldn't be happier with this car, it is comfortable, powerful, and has excellent gas mileage. Looks nice too. This car is a great value for the money if you ask me.

Great Car for the Money

by College Student with a Forte from San Diego, CA | December 20, 2011

It was nice to finally upgrade from a '95 Honda Civic to the 2010 Kia Forte SX. Since I did get the SX, I was able to get the 170 HP engine along with the slick black with red stitched interior. Also it has a leather steering wheel, red electronics and a leather stick. It's a smooth ride and I get complements all the time! My ONLY complaint has to do with the stereo. For some reason, if you have a CD or your iPod on random, the stereo will play whatever song you left it on (before you turned the stereo off) and will make that song the first in the playlist. Essentially, it restarts your playlist everytime you turn off your car... Frustrating, but bearable. Overall, a great deal and props to Kia! I wish I could get the Kia Optima Turbo though. Haha.

Good value

by Timelehitter from Geneva, il. | October 30, 2011

Good little car for the money. Nice tight steering, with decent acceleration. I really enjoy the gas mileage and the iPod connection. Good stereo system and suprisingly spacious cabin. Would recommend, a good value.

Garbage

by Kia hater from Orlando, Fl | October 11, 2011

New transmission, 5 speed manual @ 5835 miles! No loaner car. Kia consumer affairs aweful to deal with. Talking to anyone is against "protocol". Worst car and company i have ever dealt with.

Love the Forte

by CreativeCoco from Raleigh, NC | October 11, 2011

This car is fantastic! The features on the Forte are comparable to features of much more expensive cars. The Forte has some real getup too; now I never have to worry about getting up to speed to merge on to the highway like I did with my old Mitsubishi Lancer. After test driving a lot of other cars before my purchase, including the 2011 Hyundai Elantra and 2012 Hyundai Accent, this is the best car for the money.

Best car I've ever owned

by plasticman from Enoree, S.C. | July 24, 2011

Handles Great, Looks Sporty & is great on gas. Bought this car new & have driven it 23000 miles so far with no problems at all. I would recommend this car to anyone

36K

by 99ALRAM from Conroe, TX | July 23, 2011

We bought this car in March 2010 & driven it everywhere even from TX to FL & back & the performance is excellent! It works great for me & our two kids. My husband who is 6'2" is comfortable in it as well (in either the driver or passenger seat)! We really love the middle arm that pulls down in the back because it has two drink holders that my kids utilize frequently. I love the blinker signals on the side mirrors, it's a great safety feature. This car is really cute & definently a good buy for the $!

201 Kia Forte EX

by M3Fanatic from Clifton NJ | July 21, 2011

I would not recommend this car to anyone I know. The car comes with bluetooth, satellite radio, sunroof, alloy wheels, power windows and door locks, and it comes with problems.... My vehicle is still currently experiencing the following defects/problems which I have been in the repair shop over 5 times unresolved. • Bluetooth; Loud Noise when connecting a compatible phone from the list on kia.com • Driver Side Rear Door Molding keeps peeling and bubbling • Engine; Chirping noise when accelerating • Engine; Thumping noise when accelerating • Door Panel on Driver side door; has loose spring noise when going over bumps on higher speeds drives me nuts • Cheap pvc type plastic has horrible feel • Loosing Gas Mileage engine is not optimized properly • Engine very weak • Tip tronic shifter doesnt shift well between 2 and 3rd gear. I have owned this car for 3 months and I regret ever buying it. I believe the 2011 SX model with the better 5 speed transmission and strong engine would be a better buy. That is the model I test drove and they sold me a lower model. My advice don't buy left over cars sitting on the lot. Don't buy the car if it has imperfections of any sort becuase it will have other things wrong with it. Go for the higher model. Mostly I would go for honda, toyota, or nissan if I would do this over. Kia is still lower end car that is falling apart.

Trying Kia

by Nickname from Rochester NY | May 24, 2011

I had to because that's all I could afford. 11K for a brand new Kia 2010 Forte. i drive roughly 40K a year so the warranty played a big part in the purchase decision. The best part? The sticker advertizes 30-34 mpg. I bought the 5 speed manual and I get 38 - 41 mpg. Gas Station-Sad, Wallet-very happy !!! Good acceleration in all gear (even in fifth). A little noisy at higher speeds on highway. So far so good. Will write more after 30K. No nickname.