2012 Kia Forte

See Photos & Videos

Overall

kia forte 5 2012

by canada nova scotia from halifax | June 2, 2014

I have 63,000miles on this car only problem so far is shifting delay in the auto trans ! other then that great car ! great fuel millage drove from Halifax,ns to red dear, Alberta on 320L fuel for 5100 kms

Got rid of it... poor MPGs

by Croat from Weehawken, NJ | January 21, 2014

Looks are deceiving. One would think a fairly small car like this would get great mileage, it does not. Typical commuting to work, and that's highway + city only gave me 24mpg on average. Other gripes with this car: the leather seats were just not comfy. The windshield defroster was horrible. On it's highest setting it would barely clear the entire windshield. On a setting that was more of an acceptable listening level only the center of the windshield would clear. The air ciculation made for a noisy ride whether it was heating or cooling.The rear traction was poor. I don't know if it was the tires but if you hit a bump on turns the back would skip. The GPS was disapointing as you would look up 'Exon', even if there was one around the corner from you it would not show it. The results would only show Exons that were very far away.

if your considering a focus or a mazda3 5door....

by bulletsandbooze from mantua nj | September 20, 2013

Bought used with just shy of 20000 miles. Pros - best space and cargo capacity of hatches i looked at. Comfortable, well equipped. Steering wheel controls are great, bluetooth connect. Plenty of power. Handles and brakes like a go cart. Very direct and linear. cons - gas mileage! I average 25, and 70% of my driving is highway. Throttle response is a little delayed if your cruising and jump on the gas. Paint seems a bit thin, some of the materials seem like they might not stand the test of time. All in all, this car is the best compromise out there. Focus is to expensive, mazda3 has least amount of usable space though probably the better "drivers car" Kia Forte 5door

Great car for the price

by Mel from Montgomery, Al | August 24, 2013

This is an awesome car for my son who is in college and great website that helped me find a great deal

Ok car

by jk from salem, ma | June 24, 2013

This car has some great features such as a nice body style, very comfortable seating and a booming radio system. The overall look and feel of the car is miles ahead of what i expected from a Kia. However, it does have some major disadvantages. I find when you're driving on the highway, the car is excessively loud and it sort of floats from lane to lane. I am used to nissan steering so I just assumed it would take some getting used to but i never did and my opinion is that's an issue with the car. The car is also missing a gauge for the temperature, which on a brand new car i'm not worried about but down the road it would be nice to have that visible. Also, the plastic on the doors is so cheap that my seat belt has caused little nicks from slamming into it. Not too noticeable but enough that it bothers me. Also, the trunk is a bit too small and the back seat just a little too cramped. Otherwise, if you can past these small issues, great car for the price.

love it

by flobett from pa | May 17, 2013

always had dodge trucks so when I seen this I was not sure if it would move, it is smaller than my truck but it moves, pretty and I have to say you have to try it to understand, it is fun to drive, I love it.

Best car i've owned

by Teresa from Yonkers, NY | March 16, 2013

I bought this car from Yonkers Kia.Joe Paltucci was the best salesman I could have asked for. He bent over backwards to help. The general manager was also amazing! Yonkers Kia is the friendliest dealer ship I have been to. They really work hard to please their customers. My kia is great on gas mileage and so reliable! It's the most comfortable car to drive.

Good, but not perfect.

by Bluepig from South Jordan, UT | December 5, 2012

Prior to this vehicle I have been driving VW Jetta's, and enjoy the ride, but hate the mileage. So I went to the KIA dealer and they said the car gets between 26-36 with a combined of 31 mpg. I have had my KIA Forte 5 EX for 9,110 miles and feel ready to render my review. I drive a commute that is 90% highway, and 10% mixed suburban driving. At Utah highway speeds (70-75) I have never once gotten better than 27.8. As a test I have taken the Legacy Highway out and back twice (55 mph) to see if the vehicle could get anything close to 36. NOPE, I got 28.4 doing 55 mph, so the mileage rating is wrong. The other hit I would give the car is in the area of hard braking. When a car dives in front of you and you are forced to aggressively attack the brakes, the car walks hard to the right, and unless you let off the brakes, you will be drawn into the other lane. I have done it twice and did not like the results of either emergency. When I went looking, the KIA actually had a better fit and finish than the new Jetta's I was considering. Nothing on my KIA has come apart; the seats handle my 230lb girth w/o complaint and are not breaking down. The tires are wearing well (a good indication of the suspension). The basic sound system is all I need, and having the incorporation of my Bluetooth phone is really nice. I did add the upgraded rear view myself, and front mud flaps, but otherwise the car is factory. After renting several Jetta's I am glad I did not buy one. The headliner in each rental was coming apart by the cabin lighting and storage, as well as by the door jams. The carpet is cheap and the seats wear poorly. I purchased this vehicle for its advertised mileage, and in that regard the purchase is a failure, as I am loosing almost 10 mpg over expectations, or increasing my costs by over 25% per year. My wife’s 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is getting better mileage in two wheel drive than my KIA. So if you want a well-built car that is fun to drive with plenty of headroom, the Forte 5 is a good car. If you’re looking for mileage, you might consider the Hyundai Elantra as my son’s car is getting 31-39. When he drove from SLC Utah to Dover DE he got 41 mpg. Hyundai sent my son a letter apologizing for the incorrectly advertised mileage, and offered him a refund for the difference. When I got to replacing this vehicle in early 2014, I will be looking for something that actually gets the mileage the salesmen and sticker promote. Kia might consider doing the same thing, so they don’t lose other business beside mine. Hyundai Elantra hatchback, here I come.

Forte SX 2.0 2012

by Nacho from Argentina | October 5, 2012

I drive the "forte" of routes in Patagonia Argentina. It is comfortable, quiet, the radio sound is excellent. The routes and climate here are very aggressive but the forte does it all. The car is noisy when accelerating at high speed. But then it is super quiet. Forte is a fascinating car that makes me happy.

One year after purchase review our 2012 Forte EX

by ForteForUs! from Los Angeles, CA. | September 27, 2012

And it's all good news! My wife loves it, a 2012 Forte 5 door hatchback now has 14,000 miles...trouble free. We were so impressed that I bought myself a 2013 Forte Koup SX. Mileage is terrific, recently my wife took a 300 mile trip to visit her sister, averaged 28 mpg on freeway and climbing the steep prolonged "Grapevine" summit here in SoCal was easily handled by the KIA! The car is holding up perfectly, no issues or problems and everything is as new still. It is a great long distance car, comfortable and quiet, the stereo and the Sirrius radio keeps you company, and the hands free bluetooth system allows easy cell phone calls.