2013 Kia Forte

Starting MSRP

Overall

So far so good

by First Time Kia Owner from North Port, Fl. | August 4, 2014

I recently bought a Kia Rio EX Hatchback & so far I'm satisfied. My first check on gas mileage showed about 29 mpg hwy/city combined. The cargo area cover material seems a it flimsy w/ not much support beneath to carry much of any kind of load. I also wish that the bottom seat cushion folded down as you lose several square feet as it is in it's present design.

milage is not as stated

by Bob from Plattsburgh NY | June 13, 2014

Milage for this 2013 Kia Forte is discouraging.Bad for city driving in summer and much worse in winter months. Average city driving is only 20mpg in summer and as low as 16 in winter which here in northern ny is 6 months Highway is also not good. The avg is 32 for interstate driving at 65 with cruise control regardless of winter or summer. It has always been 32 whenever I check it it never varies up or down. Dealer not helpful, says it is because of ethanol or fuelmakeup. I have owned 7 civics and 1 corolla before this and all had much better gas milage. Chances Kia will not be my next car when I trade

so far good

by patrick087fl from gainesville fl | March 31, 2014

i bought the 2013 kia forte DX and the gas is amazing im getting about 39.5 on the high way the reason I bought it was I got in a accident with my mazda 3 this car comes close to that car but at a lesser cost just hope it will save my life just like the mazda did

Overall great car

by Tamara from | February 28, 2014

I bought my car used, but it had low mileage and little use when I bought it. I looked at many other cars that were comparable to the forte, but they all seemed overpriced for what I was actually getting. The engine and trunk size are what really sold me on this car. Everything I had previously looked at had a very small trunk to where it looked as if I couldn't fit all of my groceries back there. Also, this engine was a 2.0L compared to other cars in it's class that were all less than that for about the same price tag. Iv'e now owned this car for 6 months and I haven't seen the immaculate gas mileage that the car salesman boast about, but it is certainly better than any other car I've owned and well worth it. This car has been very reliable which was the main reason I even looked at purchasing a newer car. Overall, I am very pleased with this car and my favorite bonus to the car is the bluetooth system! It makes my driving so much safer and I like how all of the radio buttons are right on the steering wheel! I would recommend it to others and I think it's well worth the buy!

Mislead by gas mileage

by MJ from Jefferson City, MO | February 27, 2014

I was told when I purchased the car that it would get 26 city/36 highway and combined 29 mpg. I understand that those are not exact but I have tracked my mileage on a spreadsheet and have gotten an average of 23 since I have owned the car. I took it to the dealership and have been told everything from I need to break it in by gunning it on the highway, to weather being the issue. It should be "broken in" by now. I am disappointed by the gas mileage which was one of the main reasons I bought this car. Other than that I still love the body, performance of the car so far. I like that the back lays down to provide a good amount of room for hauling things. The reason I would not recommend to a friend is the gas mileage that I feel I was mislead about.

Poor Gas Mileage

by Disappointed buyer from Ann Arbor, MI | January 21, 2014

I purchased this car new in November 2012. I immediately had concerns about the gas mileage and was told to give it some time as 1-it was winter and the gas mileage will always be lower in the winter due to the additives in the gas and 2- it takes time for a new car to reach it's optimum mileage. It has now been over a year and I can safely state that this car gets nowhere near it's advertised mileage of 27/37. In fact, my commute to work is 25 miles, 22 of which are highway, and I'm getting, on average, 22-23 MPG. UNACCEPTABLE!! If I had known how bad the mileage would be, I would never have bought this car!! I can't afford to be filling up as often as I do, with gas prices being so high!! I should have stuck with the Japanese cars I was used to. My last Civic got better gas mileage than advertised!! Live and learn:-(

love this car

by little ed from Knoxville. Tennessee | December 24, 2013

This car suits all my needs and is fun and looks great too. It feels roomy inside is comfortable. It has great gas mileage as well. I enjoy driving it each day during my long commute to and from work.

affordable car

by Car lover from Iran | September 18, 2013

acceptable exterior design good interior design seems not too strong good handling acceptable performance good quality level

I Like the Car Alot

by Jacquie from Grand Praire, TX | May 4, 2013

I purchased a 2013 Forte Ex 3 months ago and for the most part am satisfied except for a little problem I am having with the driver's seat. I have recently been hearing pressure sounds while driving when my back is touching the seat. It is intermittent but when you hear it you hear it. I have taken it back a couple of times but I still have the problem. I have had a few new cars and I have NEVER had this problem with the seat before. I will continue to take it back for as long as I have to until I am satisfied.

Great little car

by GJ from Grand Junction, CO | March 28, 2013

I have only had my new Kia for about one month, but so far I am very happy with the way it drives and the comfortable seating. Since it is slightly smaller then the Honda Accord that I am used to driving, it seems a lot easier to get into tight spaces and still seems to be comfortable inside. It is very responsive and does a good job on corners. I am really quite impressed with this car.