2014 Kia Forte

2014 Kia Forte
Available in 4 styles:  2014 Kia Forte 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Great car and still under-rated

by Canadian Kia fan from Toronto, ON | February 24, 2015

Bought my 2014 Kia Forte SX in Canada in April 2013. This car is outstanding. It is roomy, stylish, comfortable and has excellent power with the 2.0 GDI engine. Kia has really upgraded their vehicles to the point of not only being competitive with other makes, but now in many cases they are superior. In fact, despite car reviewers love of the Mazda 3 ( a great car) I can say this new Forte is arguably just as good. It's got competitive power, similar fit and finish, great comfort and as many or more features depending on which options you choose. The criticisms about the steering are questionable at best. The new Forte has, at worst, satisfactory steering. The fact that they have added "Flex Steer" is actually great as different drivers can choose the weight of steering depending on preference and situation. Overall a great buy and I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a fine looking and well-rounded compact sedan.

LOVE !!

by Cat from Long Island | January 21, 2015

I love my 2014 Kia Forte !!! I just happened upon it and it was love at first sight, and the affair is still going strong.

NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS

by JMAC from FORT WORTH, TX | January 20, 2015

I BOUGHT THE 2014 KIA FORTE LX BRAND NEW IN JUNE 2013. THE PROBLEM FROM THE GET GO WAS I WAS TOLD THE CAR HAD CRUISE CONTROL AND KEY LESS ENTRY IT DOES NOT. I CONTACTED THE DEALERSHIP AFTER THE FACT AND THEY TOLD ME I SIGNED THE CONTRACT AND IT WAS MY RESPONSIBILITY. THE ROAD NOISE IS AWFUL ESPECIALLY THE LEAKING OF AIR FROM THE DRIVER SIDE WINDOW ACTS LIKE TO WONT CLOSE ALL THE WAY BUT IT IS. THERE IS NOW A LOUD WHISTLING NOISE COMING FROM THE GLOVE BOX AREA. NEVER HAD THAT LOUD OF NOISE FROM ANY VEHICLE IVE EVER OWNED. THE WINDOWS FOG UP NO MATTER THE CONDITIONS EVERY SINGLE MORNING AND EVEN ON DEFROST AND EVERYTHING THE WAY IT SHOULD BE IT STRUGGLES TO TAKE IT OFF. NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM THAT OFTEN IN ANY VEHICLE IVE EVER OWNED. THE CAR DOESN'T HAVE A SPARE TIRE. THEY GIVE YOU A PUMP AND GLUE AND ONLY WORKS IF YOU GET A NAIL IN IT. IF YOU HAVE A BLOWOUT GOOD LUCK. IVE NOTICED WATER LEAKS INTO THE ENGINE WHEN IT RAINS AND AFRAID IT WILL CORRODE AND RUST A LOT FASTER THEN IT WILL ON OTHER CARS. THE TIRES THAT COME WITH THE CAR ARE THE CHEAPEST TIRES THEY CAN FIND. THAT'S HOW THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY ON THESE CARS. OTHER CARS HAVE NAME BRAND ONES THAT LAST BUT KIA'S DO NOT. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU GO WITH ANY OTHER BRAND THAN KIA.

Kia 2011 Forte EX - LOVE

by girl21 from Miami, FL | January 16, 2015

An old boyfriend had the 2010 version, and I always thought it was a fancy looking car and had the best bass system. This is my first car, a 2011 Kia Forte EX,, and I can say I truly love my car. Bluetooth works great (unless you have a bad phone aka iphone 4). My bf drives a Mustang and my best friend drives a Mazda and they always rave about the way my car drives. Another friend always wanted me to drive him around just so we could have dance sessions with the bass system. Kia's warranty is AMAZING, and has saved my life MULTIPLE times. It's also pretty fast and powerful. At a red to green light I'm always the first car to pass!

Definitely a winner in its class

by KIAOwnerCanada from Toron to Canada | January 2, 2015

Bought a 2014 KIA Forte SX in August 2013. Now has 55000 kms (Canada) and has had NO PROBLEM at all. Love this car... comfortable, reliable, great on gas and it looks good (Diamond Pearl Color). The overall value is hard to beat...

The Best Car I Ever owned & the Best Dealer I met!

by Pretty blue car enthusiast! from Medina, OH | November 3, 2014

The salesmen and managers were polite, friendly and professional. They weren't pushy either. I have purchased many cars, and this is the Best experience I have ever had! Tom showed me the service area and held my doors open. He also adjusted my seat because I'm short. Tom also helped me clean out my car. Kerry was very polite and informative about the bumper to bumper warranties and selections. Matt was very friendly and charming. Eric came in the room during closing a few times, and was very polite about excusing himself for the interruption, which he was welcome anyway. Everyone smiled and was polite & friendly!

Performance.

by keke from Boston, MA | October 23, 2014

I got it a kia forte EX 2011 after reaching 50000 miles.. there is big noise coming from the engine which is so anoying.. I think those cars look nice but very poor performance

low tire pressure warning

by cairnkidmom from | October 21, 2014

My 2014 Forte Koup has 2200 miles. Low tire pressure light comes on. I checked all tires they are fine.

2015 Forte LX sedan.

by 2015 Forte LX from Atlanta, Ga | October 19, 2014

Ive been a long time Toyota fan, having owned Corollas and Camrys in the past. When it was time to trade in my 09 Corolla, I looked at the 14 Corolla LE and the 2015 Forte LX. To my surprise, The Forte was nicer In about every way. More Horse power, more features, nicer interior, and very nice sporty styling and all for a lesser price. I test drove both and actually thought the Forte drove better. It just had a better feel. It also had heated mirrors, blue tooth, cruise, pw, pm, pl, ac, auto trans, turn signals on the mirrors, tilt-telescope steering wheel with all controls on it, and again all for a lower price. This is my first KIA, and theres no doubt they have come a long way. But for the few months Ive had it, its been a great car. PROS: Sporty styling, loaded with features and affordable pricing. CONS: Would still like a little more pep in the engine, but this seems to be the norm with compact cars. but this KIA still has more power then the corolla and civic.

2014 Kia Forte

by RC from Florida Panhandle | October 3, 2014

I've had this car for 7 months now. I have been very impressed at how quiet, smooth and comfortable the ride is. It has very nice acceleration, no problem getting into traffic, and can go up a hill with the A/C running without any "dragging" issues. I have been on one road trip, and it got 41.3 mpg (70-80 mph, using A/C) - way more than expected! For the first 5 months I commuted 18 miles to work, combined highway/city - it consistently got 30.5 - 31.5 mpg without the A/C, 29.9 - 30.2 with the A/C. The last 2 months I have been driving in town only, with the A/C - it consistently gets 26.4 - 26.7 mpg. The interior seems to be bigger than the exterior, and the trunk is large for a compact car. I have the basic model, so I don't have cruise control or remote door locks, which hasn't bothered me. It has stereo and Bluetooth phone controls on the steering wheel - I love this! The front and side airbags make me feel reasonably safe. There are only 2 things I don't like: (1) No spare tire - if I had been aware of that, I would have ordered a "donut" when I leased the car. (2) It's difficult to see out the back; when my lease is up I will probably upgrade to the model that has a backup camera.