2004 Kia Optima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Korean trash

by Automotive proffesional from Madison, WI | November 10, 2013

We owned a 2006 Optima for 3 years, NEVER have I hated a car so much! We bought it used with 30,000 miles at 42,000 miles everything broke 1 by 1! First the lower control arm snapped in the middle of winter going 20 mph. The side molding constantly fell off! At 55,000 miles the secondary timing belt snapped(all this belt did was read the crank sensor) and sent a valve through the piston. Mind you mechanical work is my job and I did everything to baby this car and keep it running. I will never again own a KIA/Hyundai product! If you ar looking for reliabilty, comfort, mileage, and maybe performance I recommend: Nissan, Chevy, Toyota, or Mazda!!!

Saved my life

by Kia Owner from Lexington, KY | October 19, 2013

I bought my 2004 Kia Optima brand new. I have had normal maintenance to it. Changed all the belts, sensors, etc at the appropriate mileage and as needed. I would get in this car and drive anywhere - anytime without hesitation. Yesterday I was involved in a head on collision with my Kia. It withstood a hard impact without buckling. My daughter and I were in the front seats and walked away. I believe my car saved our lives. I would recommend a Kia to anyone!

A great little find!

by Bambi from La Quinta | January 16, 2012

We found this little GEM in Palm Springs. It's White with Grey interior/wood and in amazing shape. With only 37K miles it checked out 100% so after getting it detailed it runs and looks like a NEW car! Should have lots of reliable, fun miles coming up, particularly with the 100,000 drivetrain warrantee and excellent gas mileage.

Decent Car, Very Reliable!!!

by USAdave04 from Fredericksburg, VA | April 8, 2011

I have owned this car for the past 4 years and although not its not going to turn any heads and will never compete in a drag race it is a very good car. In the time that I have owned this car I have only ever had to replace the alternator, nothing else has ever broken down in this car and I have abused her driving this car 1/2 across the country more than once. This car had taken me everywhere and I have put about 60k miles on it with really no problems. This car has awesome maneuverability, you can turn and whip around any corner and fit into almost any parking spot. This is a great car, if you need a reliable car that will last you forever forget Honda get a Kia. This is a great way to go, I am about to trade mine in for a new one but she has treated me very well!!!

best car ive ever owned too

by love the kias from pennsylvania | April 8, 2011

never broke down, never not started, got me though every snowstorm (5spd), didnt have to replace tires,breaks,rotors till 55k (i downshift alot)....by far he most reliable car ive ever had....ended up buying a kia sportage also (which is awesome)....i am the original owner and have 60 k on it

THE CAR GM SHOULD HAVE BUILT

by MONEY COUNTS from SAPULPA, OK | February 12, 2011

A CAR FOR THOSE WHO EXPECT VALUE AND NEED THE COMFORT AND ROOM OF A FOUR DOOR VEHICLE BUT LIKE SMALLER CARS.

BEST car I ever had!

by LOVED MY CAR!!!!!!!!!! from Arizona | October 26, 2010

I never had a problem with my Kia Optima and loved how it handled! I drove many times back and forth across the USA with my family and we all were comfortable in my car! Amazing gas mileage which I was able to get closer to 33 mpg even around town running! Lots of leg room, trunk space, safety features were amazing! Only had to replace tires and oil. Replaced timing belt at 97k and she kept going. The crankshaft position sensor went and that led me to purchase a new KIA Optima, still love my 04 better. A/C was always cold and she was always ready to fly down the freeway, even the 4 cyl. that she was. Highly reccomend to anyone!

I miss my '04 Optima

by Great vehicle! from East Central, PA | November 8, 2009

Sometimes I'm sad I sold this car, but my family kept growing and I needed a mini-van. But this was the greatest little car I ever drove. Never caused me a dime of problems. Always reliable. Whomever bought my old car I'm sure was very happy. I highly recommend the '04 Optima.

Great Car!!!

by Rvingsuz from Nor Cal | September 27, 2009

I purchased my Kia Optima new and have never had any problems with it. My mechanic is even very impressed with it. It is a great car and is very comfortable in every way. I often drive a highway with many curves and being able to shift from auto to manuel transmission to control my speed has saved my brakes and sanity many times!!! Love this car. SuZ

Outstanding value for the money

by 1Canuck from Kenosha, WI | September 24, 2009

I bought this car in 2006 when it had 18K miles on it, it's now 2009 and it has 76K miles on it. During that time I've NEVER had to have it repaired. This has been a very reliable and economical vehicle. I've averaged 27mpg (city/hwy combined). Make sure you have the timing belt replaced every 50K miles though! If the belt breaks on you, you'll have to replace the engine since repairing the existing one will cost you more than a replacement motor. Keep up on your oil/fluid changes and this thing will be as reliable for you as any Toyota or Honda and for a LOT less money.

Featured Services for this Kia Optima