2006 Kia Optima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Care I've Owned

by Love My KIA from Central Wisconsin, WI | February 27, 2013

Small enough, roomy inside (& trunk too), sporty, classy inside & outside, reliable, excellent engine. It's not great on gas mileage, BUT it's a V6= fast take off (better than sluggish 4-cyl). It is very safe: excellent stability and traction even on icy/snowy roads. Bought it new. Now over 80k miles and the paint is still in great shape (shinny-like new). Inside is so great that makes people think it's last year's model. No past or present mechanical problems or concerns. Power seat button & gas cap were replaced by KIA once (within first year, I think). I would buy a Kia Optima again.

Dnt think Ill be buying a KIA again...

by N2carsSinceBirth from Augusta, GA | August 24, 2012

i have the EX V6 Trim and since I got it a year and a half ago...its been up and DOWN...had to replace 2 fuel pumps, throttle body, and now its acting funny by surging and sluggish acceleration. I honestly think I got a lemon. I would not advise anyone to buy this vehicle.

What a Joke!

by rippedoff from buffalo,ny | December 30, 2011

This was the worst purchase ever!!! test drive was great, fit my family alright...6 months after buying check engine light is on and wont go out, i replace bulbs about every month, lights inside work when they want to,trunk has to be shut with ease in order for the light to go out on dash, just all around worse foriegn car Ive seen...when i bought this car it had 8,000 miles with a older owner...there was a recall on one of the parts that kia refused to pay for...In process of looking for something safe and AMERICAN!

piece of junk

by kia junk from Colorado | August 11, 2011

Bought a used 2006.5 a little less than a year ago. First problem was all the lights went out and had to replace lots of bulbs. Then power issues-would either surge or run sluggish. Check engine light on.Dealer tightened up the throttle control and it was better. Slow drain on the electrical system resulting n dead batteries which was traced to the stereo unit. Had to replace stereo and battery. Frequent TPS sensor on-mechanic fixed. Frequent air bag light on-mechanic fixed a few months ago and now it is on again. Check engine light on AGAIN and won't accelerate. Recalled for shift cable issue-dealer did not find a problem with it. Very unreliable. Will not buy Kia again.

I love my little car!!

by Love it!! from North Carolina | August 10, 2011

I love this little car. It runs like a dream most of the time and it is crazy good on gas. I have the 4 cylinder model. The only problem with this car is that the thermostat goes out every 4-5 months. I mean EVERY 4-5 months!! I can fit everyone in my family in this car and it looks great going down the road. i bought this car new and it has never had a problem. Now that it has about 50k miles, it is driving me crazy with the thermostat. I still love it, and when it goes out, I will be buying another Kia. They have really made a name for themselves with reliable and gas saving cars

excellent

by carnut from texas | January 19, 2011

50,000 miles now, bought it new , no major repairs the car rides as good as when new. i took a gamble on Kia and it paid off . I will buy a Kia again. all my preconceptions about Korean cars have changed

Good Looks but Lacks Performance.

by Will-Jam from Knoxville, TN | January 10, 2010

I bought this car July 09. The car looks great inside and out even though it went through a family with kids who decided to smear the cloth interior with God knows what. It cleans up really nice and the dash/radio lights are very impressive at night. The only thing that I wish was different about the car is the power of the Engine. It lacks the power of a true V6. It hesitates when I really need to go and it accelerates sloppily. KEEP IN MIND! That I did buy this car used and there is no telling what the car was out through before I bought it. Oh and it should have been equipped with a AUX jack for MP3 player compatability.

About average

by Wish I had my Truck from Pittsburgh, PA | July 18, 2007

As much as I don't want to say, I should have gone for the camery of accord. This is a very sharp car but it has had problems since day one. Small things but things non the less. turn signal, brights, trunck pops when I hit a bump. But most of all it Lags and often, just not when i test drove it. But it is a good value and looks very nice, I just wish it would perform the same.

SO FAR SO GOOD

by new KIA OPTIMA OWNER from oklahoma , oklahoma | April 9, 2007

As with any new car,you must drive and then time will tell. so far no problems and am loving the fuel economy. i bought the car after looking all day and doing alot of comparison shopping and value for the money it won my heart ....

My optima if my best friend

by Love my optima from Newark | February 15, 2007

I love everything about my optima. There is nothing I would change about it. I think everything under the hood was well put together.