2008 Kia Optima

Available in 4 styles:  2008 Kia Optima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

the 6 cilinder 2.7 works good

by ramon ramirez canela from coral gables, florida | January 23, 2014

i have problems with the front shocks AB with 60.000 miles of use, and the power streering oil has a leak.

optima lover

by Thomas from Elkins Park, PA | July 28, 2013

Kia has made a huge impression on the car market with there vehicles. The optima I'd put stands tall right up against Toyota, Honda and any other dealers for reliability, performance and fuel sufficient not to mention STYLE.......Excellent car

school is still out on this vehicle

by zippideedoo from burlington, n.j. | July 19, 2013

Thus far I am pleased with the overall performance. I have not had it on an extended highway drive yet so I'll keep my final review in abeyance until I see how it handles under those conditions.

Better value than Toyota or Honda!

by Love my Kia from Phenix City, AL | December 1, 2012

Love everything about the car except for gas mileage in town...it has a large 2.4-L 4-cylinder engine that eats up a little too much gas for my liking. (I get about 21 mpg in town), but it does fine on the highway (app. 30 mpg). Only thing I don't like is that my paint is starting to peel off on the tops of the mirrors! I'd heard of the paint having issues on other Kias, too. Maybe I could have taken precautions with that. But since it's a champagne-colored car, the peeling paint isn't incredibly noticeable.

Comfortable Reliable Ride

by Sedan Enthusiast from Atlanta, Ga | April 23, 2012

I'm quite pleased with my Kia Optima. I chose this car because it's roomy much like the car I previously owned the (Mazda 626). The performance level is quite high on this make an model so I feel quite safe in this car. I've had it for nearly 2 months now and I am wonderfully happy with my purchase. It's a 4 cly vehicle but it has lots of power on the take off which pleases me a lot when entering the expressway. All in all I think it's a great buy for those who are looking for a great value and a nice reliable ride.

Most fun car I ever owned.

by Swamprat from Carrollton, Ga. | September 28, 2011

I love this car, could not believe the power and handling of this car. Only problem with this car is one of the doors stoped locking and and unlocking with key fob.

Economical and safe Optima

by Steve in Miami from Miami, FL | July 7, 2011

I always consider the safety of a car and the insurance cost when choosing a vehicle. The mid size Optima is as ecomocial as a smaller vehicle on gas, but the insurnace cost is less. Check it out. If we all drove small cars that might not be so, but as long as there larger vehicles on the road the insurance will be more on smaller vehicles because they will take more damage in an accident. Get more metal around you for safer city driving if it does not rob you of gas mileage. If you drive in the country were accidents are less, then the insurance cost on a small vehicle may not matter much.

Good basic car

by First Time Owner/Driver from TN | March 24, 2011

While not a sports car, this car is good for getting around town and I suppose for long drives as well. Good turning radius, good looks on the inside. If possible, I would opt for leather or get seat covers because the cloth seats are cheapish feeling and your pants stick to them making it hard to slide into the car. In my car, you can only adjust the seat forward and back and the angle of the back but nothing else which is kind of annoying. It gets about 25 mpg on average but the tank is small so it's cheaper to get gas. Overall a great car considering what I just wrote was about the only stuff bad with it. I'm a new driver and I must say its the easiest car to drive I have ever driven. Great first car.

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

by Sherry from Phoenix,Az | February 23, 2010

Have owned 2 kia's in the past this is my 1st Optima, love, love, love, the car no problems great mileage no maintenance needed except for oil changes, tire rotations ect.

Amazing Performance

by MadCity from Madison, WI | February 9, 2010

For the last six months, it has been very reliable, smoothe and roomy. The accelerator pedal gives me a prompt response in speeding up with power. I had one problem with it but which was due to my fault. On returning from my holidays I found its battery flat because its trunk lid had been left slightly open for a week.

Featured Services for this Kia Optima