2009 Kia Optima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Deal!

by New Kia Owner from | December 5, 2012

I purchased the 2009 Kia Optima SX (sports edition). The car is sporty, great gas mileage and looks great. Plenty of the room on the inside. By far the best value I have purchased yet.

Kia Optima SX w/navigation

by Meubanks Family from McKinney | November 20, 2012

We have had this car for 2-1/2 years now and it looks and drives like it was rolled off the assembly line. The car has 18,000 miles and we have had no problems with anything. The mpg is actually getting better!! I get 23 in the mix. People still make comments regarding the nice look and the car had every available option and I'm glad now!! I'm giving it a 5 star because of the quality and value is unbeatable.

YOU GET A LOT OF CAR FOR THE MONEY!

by kcROGER from Kansas City, Mo | May 22, 2012

This is a great little car, spunky 4cly with plenty of pickup. Strong AC and supurb sound system. Only issue i had was a the evoprator drain from the AC got cloged with a peice of insulation, KIA fixed it in one hour........ my only regret is that i didn't wait for the new style......

My 3rd Kia Optima I've owned

by 3rd Kia Owner in FL from Miami, FL | January 6, 2012

This was my 3rd Kia Optima in a row I've owned. The reason I did not get a 4th one is because I drive about 35,000 miles per year and I decided to go with a hybrid to get better gas mileage.

09'Kia Optima Lx. We love this car!

by Florida Kia Owner from Palmetto,fl | November 2, 2011

We have this car for two years now and getting to the 60000 mile mark.All I can say is that we have made a good purchase.Comfortable,ride like a sports car,fuel economy is great (26 in the city and 33 on hwy).Reliable, this is the best car for the money!

2009 Optima SX

by Eubanks Family from McKinney, TX | April 19, 2011

Well, we have had this car for 8 months and 7700 miles of driving, which is not a lot. It continues to drive very nice, very smooth ride compared to our corvette. We have had no mechanical problems. We have one complaint and it's the posted mpg. The city mix mpg is no where near the posted sticker mpg!! We are lucky to get 21 mpg in the city/highway mix! Which I was told the city mix should be around 25-27 mpg. The car is rated 22city/32 highway. I'm guessing to get the posted mpg you must have all electonics off including the climate control. But overall I should not complain about a few miles on the mpg when the car runs and drives very nice.

Overall good car, but needs refinement

by Driving is fun from McKinney, TX | October 27, 2010

We've has this 2009 Kia Optima SX for 3 months, we purchased it new July 2010. Overall the car is nice, I like the navigation with voice commands, the Infinity stereo sounds very nice, leather seats are heated and comfortable with power adjustments, the A/C works great, it has nice polished wheels. This car has a lot of value for the money. There are two negatives about this car that hopefully will be repaired at my local Kia dealer this Saturday. One issue is the steering wheel shakes slightly at highway speeds (over 60mph) and the other is the MPG is nowhere near what is posted on the EPA sticker. I'll post again to see if Kia fixes these two issues.

2009 Optima SX

by Meubanks from McKinney, TX | August 27, 2010

We have had this car for 2 weeks and love it!! Fun to drive and the Navigation works great. This car has every option possible and for thousands less than other cars it only made great sense. We will take it on a trip soon and let you know how it performed.

Very Impressed

by 125 miles a day from Hutchinson, MN | July 9, 2010

As a first time KIA owner I have to say I'm quite impressed. I log 125 miles a day in my KIA and for the past 4 months have loved every mile of it. The car comfortable and very responsive zipping through freeway traffic. I have the LX model w/5 speed manual. For an LX it's very loaded power everything (minus seats), crisp clear dash (always driving into the sun), great sound, comfortable for the family when we pile in and pretty good MPG. I really only have a couple complaints. 1. it seems to pull to the right (other complaints of this state the dealer will fix, I haven't made the call) 2. it seems to need a 6th gear so that the RPM's aren't around 3K @ 70 MPH (this would greatly improve the fuel economy I'm sure) 3. when driving towards the sun in the afternoon and wearing sunglasses, I have a hard time seeing the red font on the radio display. Over all I'm very impressed with this car and would recommend it to anyone

Love this car.

by massachusetts senior from Plymouth County in Massachusetts | October 28, 2009

I've had this car for over a month and driven it locally as well as on a trip. The car is so well built, a solidly made car. Pros: Nice looking. Surprisingly peppy engine, better than my previous car (Chrysler 300M). Plenty of front seat room for both driver and passenger. Bright headlights. Lots of features one might not expect like trunk and gas buttons on door, nice wiper selections and layout, lots of storage space in front, great sounding radio/CD player wth optional controls on steering wheel, electric doors and windows, storage space for sun glasses, smooth riding, quiet and handles well at highway speeds, bucket seats in front, plenty of trunk space. Cons: The central display (speed, gas, temperature) is impossible to see when wearing sunglasses and driving in bright sunlight. I find this to be a serious problem for me as I cannot see how fast I am going. (The clock is the same way.) I miss not having automatic headlights like I had on my 300M. At minimum I would like headlights to turn on when using wipers or when it is dark. Overall: I love this car. It's a pleasure to drive.