2009 Kia Optima

2009 Kia Optima
Available in 5 styles:  2009 Kia Optima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Impressed! Worth the money! Great Model!

by DobbieMom from Indiana | June 19, 2015

I've owned my Kia for almost a year now; purchased in 2014 with already 120k on her. I traded in my GM/Pontiac V6 for my 09 Optima LX. I was very nervous about losing performance and power going from the V6 to a 4cyl. I do not regret the switch! Gas mileage is awesome - city I'm getting 27-29mpg. Highway I am easily getting 32mpg. (And I have a bit of a lead foot.) I'm an expecting mother and I feel so safe in this car. It's reliable and comfortable. I drive 45 minutes to work on back roads in the country and I couldn't be happier. I love my car! It's easy to drive AND I feel safe enough to drive around with a newborn. Its roomy so I can easily fit all I need in it and carry passengers. Good trunk space, great performance - feels like a V6! I've had no issues. Worth every penny paid for her.

Owned for 5 years now

by Nova from Broken Arrow, OK | October 29, 2014

I bought my optima in October of 2009 with only 8 miles on it. It now has 55,000 and is doing great. The only thing that has gone wrong on it is the CD player stopped working about a year ago. That is the only thing. It still drives great. Highway mileage is still between 31 and 35, depending on the amount of people in the car. When I drive around town/highway driving, I consistently get 28 to 29 mpg. I'm really hoping to keep this car for another 10 years.

Great Deal!

by New Kia Owner from | December 5, 2012

I purchased the 2009 Kia Optima SX (sports edition). The car is sporty, great gas mileage and looks great. Plenty of the room on the inside. By far the best value I have purchased yet.

Kia Optima SX w/navigation

by Meubanks Family from McKinney | November 20, 2012

We have had this car for 2-1/2 years now and it looks and drives like it was rolled off the assembly line. The car has 18,000 miles and we have had no problems with anything. The mpg is actually getting better!! I get 23 in the mix. People still make comments regarding the nice look and the car had every available option and I'm glad now!! I'm giving it a 5 star because of the quality and value is unbeatable.

YOU GET A LOT OF CAR FOR THE MONEY!

by kcROGER from Kansas City, Mo | May 22, 2012

This is a great little car, spunky 4cly with plenty of pickup. Strong AC and supurb sound system. Only issue i had was a the evoprator drain from the AC got cloged with a peice of insulation, KIA fixed it in one hour........ my only regret is that i didn't wait for the new style......

My 3rd Kia Optima I've owned

by 3rd Kia Owner in FL from Miami, FL | January 6, 2012

This was my 3rd Kia Optima in a row I've owned. The reason I did not get a 4th one is because I drive about 35,000 miles per year and I decided to go with a hybrid to get better gas mileage.

09'Kia Optima Lx. We love this car!

by Florida Kia Owner from Palmetto,fl | November 2, 2011

We have this car for two years now and getting to the 60000 mile mark.All I can say is that we have made a good purchase.Comfortable,ride like a sports car,fuel economy is great (26 in the city and 33 on hwy).Reliable, this is the best car for the money!

2009 Optima SX

by Eubanks Family from McKinney, TX | April 19, 2011

Well, we have had this car for 8 months and 7700 miles of driving, which is not a lot. It continues to drive very nice, very smooth ride compared to our corvette. We have had no mechanical problems. We have one complaint and it's the posted mpg. The city mix mpg is no where near the posted sticker mpg!! We are lucky to get 21 mpg in the city/highway mix! Which I was told the city mix should be around 25-27 mpg. The car is rated 22city/32 highway. I'm guessing to get the posted mpg you must have all electonics off including the climate control. But overall I should not complain about a few miles on the mpg when the car runs and drives very nice.

Overall good car, but needs refinement

by Driving is fun from McKinney, TX | October 27, 2010

We've has this 2009 Kia Optima SX for 3 months, we purchased it new July 2010. Overall the car is nice, I like the navigation with voice commands, the Infinity stereo sounds very nice, leather seats are heated and comfortable with power adjustments, the A/C works great, it has nice polished wheels. This car has a lot of value for the money. There are two negatives about this car that hopefully will be repaired at my local Kia dealer this Saturday. One issue is the steering wheel shakes slightly at highway speeds (over 60mph) and the other is the MPG is nowhere near what is posted on the EPA sticker. I'll post again to see if Kia fixes these two issues.

2009 Optima SX

by Meubanks from McKinney, TX | August 27, 2010

We have had this car for 2 weeks and love it!! Fun to drive and the Navigation works great. This car has every option possible and for thousands less than other cars it only made great sense. We will take it on a trip soon and let you know how it performed.