2011 Kia Optima

Available in 4 styles:  2011 Kia Optima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Great Car

by joedirte from Salem, IN | June 12, 2014

I read all of the reviews on cars.com for the 2011 Optima SX prior to purchase. I was concerned about the gas mileage being off and the car pulling to the left, since the negative reviews on here all concerned those issues. After owning the car for several months I can definitely highly recommend this car. The power is great when you need it and the comfort is outstanding. This is a budget family car that drives like a luxury sports sedan. I have been keeping track of my gas mileage with driving logs and can verify that we average about 31 mpg in mixed highway/city driving. We do drive in ECO mode all the time, since we bought this to save money on gas. Even in ECO mode the car takes off like a rocket when you need it to. I would recommend getting the turbo engine because it adds so much more to the driving experience!!! The navigation and bluetooth work great. We stream music from our phones to the infinity sound system and it sounds incredible! Did I mention Heated and COOLED seats...Do yourself a favor, stop reading and go buy one! You can thank me later...

best sedan on market

by converted kia fan from Poughkeepsie, ny | April 4, 2014

If you want power...it's got it. if you want economy...it's got it. if you want style and comfort...it's got it! Resale on them is good too. the more people find out about kia the more they buy them.

First-Time Car Buyer

by Optimus Prim from GA | November 14, 2013

I bought this car used on Oct. 26 (almost 3 weeks ago) and so far it is everything I'd hoped for it to be! It's reliable (don't know how good on gas it is yet since I haven't slowed down yet) but so far, everything seems to be in good working order except the light switch inside the car. The switch by the sunglasses holder won't work right but not a noticeable thing.

Beautiful and Reliable

by 12 Optima EX Owner from Fairfax County, VA | April 26, 2013

I have 17k on my 2012, purchased new December 2011. Nothing has gone wrong. I have only compliments to the designer (Peter Shryer from Audi) the manufacturer (Kia/Hyundai Motors) and ESPECIALLY the builders.... 2600 AMERICANS in West Point GA!!! With a coat of wax, tinted windows, and wheel dressing I get stares and approached by people (especially at gas stations) with accolades and questions. It drives great, looks great, has very very comfortable seats (you might want to skip the 2011 as the seats were rep[laced for 2012 due to comfort complaints). Also, some 2011 models were reported to pull to the left..also fixed for 2012. May father always told me to never buy a car it's first year of production. However,. with a 5/60 bumper to bumper and a 10 year, 100k powertrain warranty,. there is nothing to worry about!

The Best Car I Have Ever Bought Thus Far In Life

by Lisa from Indianapolis, IN | December 14, 2012

I love the way this vehicle looks on the interior and exterior. But I mostly love the way it handles the humps and bumps on the road. It makes the road feel smooth.

classy car

by old man from texas | October 21, 2012

on the odd occasion that i`ve been at a gas station one guy thought it was a cadillac, another thought it was a bmw, another a mercedes. it feels like those two.

2011 Optima EX - Best in its class

by Greg Pillerman from Fort Collins, CO | August 28, 2012

One and a half years and 15,000 miles into our ownership, my wife and I still love the car. After testing most of the mid and full size cars available (except luxury brands), we had no doubt this is the best for us, and we weren't wrong. We didn't think we would buy a new car due to the initially steep depreciation, but these major selling points convinced us otherwise: - stunning design (especially exterior, but interior as well) - highest safety rating (with its relative Hyundai Sonata) - great gas mileage (easily gets 40 mpg on 55 mph highways with A/C on) - long long warranty of 10 years & 100,000 miles (however, only when purchased new, be aware) The only (rather minor) dislikes we have found: - the Nexen tires it comes with have good grip even on Colorado winter roads, but they are very loud - rather small trunk opening, no problem for luggage, but can get challenging with a bigger stroller for instance - rear visibility, as with most modern cars; our toddler clearly prefers daddy's truck though because he can simply see more But again, love the car, definitely the best out there in its class, especially when considering value and options for the money.

DON'T JUDGE A "CAR" BY ITS COVER (LOOKS)

by GAR from NJ | August 25, 2012

I've owned my 2011 Kia Optima EX for about 14 months and have just over 11,000 miles. Bought the car based on its looks and value - both of which are still valid. However, what I have discovered is a great deal of road noise. (especially over cement roads) poor sound insulation, (water under car can be heard and things rolling in the trunk) rear passengers are bothered by tire hummmmm, the driver's seat is uncomfortable on long trips. I will probably trade it soon because its value is high.

best car i have owned

by sparky from ohio | June 12, 2012

this car is in my opinion after owning it for one year is the car to buy, great ride, performance and comfort great gas mileage, im getting 37 mph on the highway can't find a better warranty. very happy with this car.

2011 Kia Optima

by Kia dude from ABQ, NM | April 9, 2012

Very pleased with the Optima. Getting anywhere from 30-35mpg city plus highway driving. Really like the power and the room in the car! Really climbs the big hills excellent for an automatic! Only two things I don't like too much are the seats and the terrible tires on the car. Seats are too light of a color but I've already put on seat covers. If you looking for a sporty looking midsize car with excellent MPG and power this is the car. Glad I bought it!