2012 Kia Optima

Available in 4 styles:  2012 Kia Optima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Very dissapointed

by Rob from Kearney, NE | September 11, 2014

We leased a 2012 KIA optima, 28,000 miles later in 2014 we are having to put on new tires because KIA choose to put on 30,000 mile tires. I guess I don't believe that I should have to put new tires on a leased car!! What are your thoughts? This leads me to my next question. What else did KIA decide to install that is sub par? Will the engine fall out on the highway at 50,000 miles? Guess I have experienced my first and last ever KIA car!!

I love this car so much!

by Beth from Central Illinois | August 13, 2014

I've had this car for about 14 months and wanted to give a nice long run before I reviewed. I love this car and am still excited to drive it. It has beautiful styling, handles great, is peppy to drive. Comfortably accommodates 4 large adults and still feels comfortable after driving all day (considered a midsize but just as roomy inside as my old Taurus). I was very impressed that through the notorious nasty winter of '13-'14 this car never once left me stranded, never slid or stalled driving on winter roads, and never failed to start even in the -25 degree winter mornings. I have put on 30,000 miles in the time I've had it and regularly get 36 mpg--in a roomy comfortable car! Bottom line, I did tons of research before settling on this as the best combination of style, reliability, consumer satisfaction ratings, efficiency and price and have been very happy!

Great Car

by Bryan from Milwaukee, WI | June 19, 2014

My first foreign car, wow this car is great. Gas mileage has been upper 20's for city & hwy driving. Great pick up to take off or pass on the hwy. Inside is comfortable, cooled seats are outstanding. dash board could have been designed a little better. Still a little confusing after 30 days. Overall I am very happy with my purchase so far.

2012 Kia Optima LX

by More Than Satisfied from Cleveland, OH | May 8, 2014

Bought this used a couple months back, and got an incredible deal - well below market. Have not regretted the decision once. Pretty good pickup for an I-4, presumably from the direct fuel injection. Fuel economy has been better than expected. Add to that the great looks both inside and out and you can't help but like it.

Love the car

by Mikee from Toronto ON | March 10, 2014

I have owned this car for 61,000KMs. It has impressive exterior and interior styling and above average performance. Reliability has not been an issue at all. I would say that comments about seats being too firm are true, but not a deal breaker. MPG isnt quiet as good as advertised unless you are driving in ECO mode and being very gentle with the throttle. If you want to really feel the turbo kick in and experience the cars impressive performance you will pay a price in gas milege. This however is not a 2012 Kia Optima problem this would apply to most cars on the market. I highly recommend this car if you want an above average car at a below average price.

2013 KIA Optima SX

by Love my Optima from Brooklyn NY | December 16, 2013

I bought the car in December 2012 and have put 12000 miles on it after one year. The ride is smooth and the power of the turbo is great. The features are very good but I wish it had the blind spot monitoring system built into the side mirrors. I wasn't sure about buying a KIA because I never heard much about the company and I was worried about reliability. As of one year and 12000 miles I have had no problems. Pros: Great looks, good acceleration, reliability, warranty. Cons: No spare tire, gas mileage is not as good as was advertised. I would recommend this car to a friend.

Comforability

by Houseman from Jasper, IN | November 21, 2013

I've had my Optima for a little over a month now, and have no complains so far. The exterior of the car is very stylish and the interior is no different. I especially like the accessibility of all the features on the steering wheel and dashboard. The color scheme in red and white is a nice touch as well.

Best car I ever owned

by Experienced driver from Quebec, Canada | October 2, 2013

This car is very good and has a very attractive look. Very well equipped'. My car is a Optima EX GDI 2012. Best value for the money spent. Also the service is very good at KIA

2012 Kia Optiama SX

by Car Enthusiast from Orlando, FL | August 18, 2013

About a month owner of this fine machinery, rides well and smooth on the road. Was surprised how far Kia improved it's self from the past. I had a 2008 Sierra Denali love this truck had everything, was hesitant of getting a Kia, because of past reviews. But I'm sure glad I did the SX with the turbo is so nice love the quick response and the "fuel mileage " compared to my usual mpg of 15 with my Denali, to 22 city and 30 highway hand calculated is amazing. From all the other reviews I read there is that wind noise you hear on both the driver and passenger side right in between the A and B pillar. You only hear it once you're at highway speed. But that's my only con for this vehicle, looking forward to what Kia will bring out in the future.

Kia optima 2012 Lx, 23k

by Optima Lx 2012 from houston texas | July 7, 2013

Hi my name is Joe, i owned a 2012 kia optima Lx, pearl white. I bought the car a year ago, and now i have 23k miles on it. I do my own oil changes, air filter changes. I use mobile 1 full synthetic oil and only genuine kia parts for oil filters and air filters because of warranty purposes. i have to give it up to Kia for a great vehicle, they did a great job on the design and all around its a great car. My friends loves to drive my car, i take the car for long trips and my friends wants to drive it every time they get a chance. The feeling when your get inside the driver seat is like being in a Cockpit, because everything face toward the driver and it makes you feel like your definitely in control of your car and ride, its a great feeling. i hit 23k miles on the car within a year period, and so far i have to say good performance and good fuel millage. Overal Rating for this car out of 10, i would give it a 9.5.