We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2013 Kia Optima

2013 Kia Optima
Available in 3 styles:  2013 Kia Optima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

BEST CAR IVE EVER HAD

by Tenniski from Phoenix, AZ | March 14, 2016

My 2nd Hyundai / KIA and 3rd year w/this one. LOVE IT. Have had LOTS of complements on how it looks. As to handling & drive-ability: Quiet and fast, it has blown the doors off many other boring sedans on the road. Watch your speed, the SXL turbo will be doing 90 and you wont know it! I am a lead-foot so it averages about 26, 27, but if I cruise HWY and pay attention, it gets 32, 33. Hi-end car wash and synthetic and very good tires make it a head-turning car. I thoroughly enjoy the ride, SAT radio and remote start.

SO UNHAPPY

by KIA 2013 from S.I NY | February 9, 2016

HAD THIS CAR FOR 2 YEARS NOTHING BUT TROUBLE, ITS A NICE LOOKING THAT'S ABOUT IT. MY LEASE IS OVER IN 3 MONTHS BROUGHT IT IN BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T START .NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME I NEED A ENGINE. THEY WANT ME TO PAY 7000.00 ARE THEY OUT OF THERE MIND . IF ANYONE IS THINKING OF BUYING KIA THINK AGAIN.I HOPE THIS REVIEW WILL HELP SOME ONE TO MAKE A BETTER CHOICE.

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

by JRB CANADA from ONTARIO CANADA | January 16, 2016

I HAVE READ SOME OF THE REVIEWS ON THIS SITE AND AM SOMEWHAT SHOCKED TO THE OWNERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED SUCH HEARTACHE FROM THEIR CARS. I HAVE HAD MY OPTIMA TURBO GDI FOR A WHILE NOW. I CHANGE THE OIL REGULARLY, ROTATE THE TIRES, PERFORM NECESSARY AND RECOMMENDED SERVICES AS REQUIRED AND THE BRAKES EVERY 20000KMS SHE HAS 75000KMS ON HER AND I KEEP DRIVING. ITS A QUICK, FUN, COMFORTABLE CAR TO DRIVE. I EVEN HAD FUN SPANKING A FEW HIGHER END CARS ON THE HIGHWAY. THIS CAR HAS PLENTY OF GET UP AND GO WHEN YOU WANT HER TO; IT GETS AWESOME FUEL ECONOMY AS WELL. I LIVE WHERE THERE IS TONS OF SNOW AND JUST RUN WITH GREAT SNOW TIRES. ITS NOT A GO OUT AND DRIVE IN ANY CONDITIONS CAR BUT THERE ARE VERY FEW TIMES I HAVE NEGLECTED TO VENTURE OUT IN THE SNOW. I THINK TIRES ARE KEY WITH THIS CAR BOTH WINTER AND SUMMER; BUY GOOD ONES AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY. I LOVE MY CAR HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT WHATSOEVER. I WILL SAY LIKE A FEW OTHERS TERRIBLE BLIND SPOTS....EASY FIX WITH FISH EYES AND THE SOUND SYSTEM COULD BE BETTER OTHER THAN THAT ALL ROUND A GREAT CAR.

2013 sxl kia optima

by nofunbuy from knoxville, tn | November 5, 2015

Horrible blind spot, WAY to easy to curb, steering problems, seat problem & to boot the passenger seat sit's wa to low for anyone to see over dash, back window just stopped rolling down. Radio & gps at 3 yrs old is about shot! Horrible kia experience.

Don't buy a optima with the 2.0 Turbo engine.

by KiaCustomer from Conway, AR | October 25, 2015

2 months after I bought my kia optima SXL a break sensor went out on the car. That was $600. The car just randomly starting making a knocking noise that was coming from the engine. I took it to the kia dealership where I have it serviced regularly. Turns out the rod bearings went bad in the engine. I'm currently in the process of replacing the motor. $6,000 for the engine. I have had the car for 6 months. This is my first kia and it will be my last. Im just so disappointed because I had high hopes for this car when I bought it. AVOID the Hyundai 2.0 Turbo engine.

very uncomfortable - head rest is a nightmare.. no

by Linquin from Atlanta, Ga | September 22, 2015

just purchased - most uncomfortable care I've ever owned.. bad choice traded Ford Tauras.. regret the decision.

I'm Korean and ashamed...

by KrnTuner from Houston, TX | September 18, 2015

I purchased my 2013 Kia Optima SX brand new in Colorado before moving to Texas for a job. I was pretty excited because the new Kia Optima looked great and was slowly moving into the turbo market. When I first moved to Houston (at about 10,000 miles on the odometer) I went to the dealership for an oil change (not my first oil change) where I complained about the transmission jerking when it changing gears. They checked for software updates, but there were no updates to be installed. I drove my car around thinking that it was normal, but a few days ago when I was pulling out of my work parking lot (odometer at 18,000 miles) I felt a noticeable jerk when the transmission shifted to second gear. When I pulled into the gym parking lot a few miles away I noticed the odd downshift and a trail of fluid behind my car. Looking under my car I saw some fluid pooling under the engine bay. I reversed my car to inspect the puddle and realized that it was transmission fluid. I had to call Kia Roadside Assistance to tow my car to the nearest dealership. The dealership told me that the corrective work would take a few weeks: 1) Two days to get approval from Kia Korea for the powertrain warranty work, 2) time for them to get the transmission, and 3) time for them to switch the transmission out. Kia should be providing me with a form of transportation during this time since its a manufacturer's defect and I need to get to work, but they have nothing of that sort. I'm waiting for my local Service Manager to contact the District Manager to get approval for a rental car. Sounds like getting a rental/loaner takes as long as resolving the transmission issue. Conclusion: Poor transmission and poor service.

Worst in Winter

by beezee from Twinsburg, Ohio | February 21, 2015

I have owned my 2013 KIA Optima for 18 months - 19,000 miles. Hate it more every day. Worst car I have ever driven in the winter (and thats 60 years of Ohio driving). Car feels cheap, is noisy and rides poorly. Owned and loved a 2006 Sonata and hoped this would be comparable. Not even close. Nice styling, decent mileage but can't wait til my lease is over - may not wait but find some way to admit a mistake and move on

I bought two!

by Dr. Hansen from Phoenix, AZ | January 16, 2015

Purchased an EX model as my daily driver. I drive a lot so I was skeptical at first...but was pleasantly surprised. My 2013 EX has 62,000 miles and I have had no issues or complaints. Very reliable mechanically and the interior is unique and durable (great for kids!). I purchased a 2013 LX for my son, he has no complaints about the vehicle and even after 2 years at college, the thing looks and drives like it's brand new. Kia has truley stepped their game up in the past few years. I highly recommend this vehicle for the warranty, reliability, safety, and styling. Best cars we've ever owned!

Love the warranty

by Mr. Washington DC from Washington, DC | October 11, 2014

Great Car... but even greater incentive from dealer such as lifetime oil change and balancing. Gas mileage isn't what I expected. I don't like the interior colors we got Bronze with crème interior the LX model. Rides comfortably, accelerates great for a 200 hp GDI engine. Make sure to use 89 octane performance is better than 87 when accelerating and highway speeds. The 100,000 mile warranty come standard if purchased new if used you get 60,000 unless your get it certified used from dealer - Kia Dealer ONLY. Make sure your dealer gives you an incentive as mentioned above... free oil changes minimum and if possible tire rotations. Buy your car at the end of month (the weekend before the end of the month). Don't be afraid to walk away from the deal after they run your credit and you got good credit score (we did that's why they through in the oil change and tire rotation)