2013 Kia Optima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Ride Comfort

by Senior from Palo Alto, CA | April 14, 2014

My wife bought this car, trading-in her 2007 Lincoln Town Car with 57,000 miles as a down payment. As a passenger in the right seat, I felt every bump in the road. The passenger seat sets low and only adjust front and back and tilt. It is not comfortable and I would never travel a long distance in this car. The road noise comes through the flooring and if your listening to the radio, you need to increase the volume to a level higher then the road noise. Even in the first cars I own back in the 1950's, there ride was solid and not bouncy. Compared to the Town Car, the comfort level, the AKI Optima Hybrid is sub-standard to any other car I've driven. However, acceleration, exterior design and options installed are above average. I'm sorry I did not do more research on available hybrid cars.to recommend to her a better economical car.

great Car

by Bluephrog from Burlington, Vermont | March 1, 2014

I've owned a 2012 LX now for 2 years and 33K miles. I love this car. My wife complained about the low passenger seat and I had to buy her a cushion so she could see out. Had to replace the OEM tires but really not that unhappy about it since the OEM's were less than ideal. Poor traction in ANY kind of weather. I have General RT43's now and they are great and really make the car a quieter and more comfortable ride, also much better in snow and rain. I have had NO problems with the car and get 36 mpg on my trips (650 miles) to Pittsburgh, PA. The audio system works well and really like the blue tooth for hands free cell calling.

Love My Kia

by Love My Kia from Gering, NE | January 30, 2014

I love my Kia Optima. Everything about it is great from the fuel mileage to the way it looks. I would recommend THIS car to any one! Did I mention I love this car?

Sporty, Classy & Practical

by Irocgirl from Buffalo, NY | January 29, 2014

I absolutely love this car!!!! I bought a 2011 Optima EX and loved it from the minute I test drove it. I ended up trading it in on a 2013 Optima EX which I currently own. My only complaint is the factory Kumho tires. My 2011 had Nexen's and I never had an issue However, the 2013 has Kumho tires. They're horrible in the snow and they hyrdoplane in the rain. Traction control doesn't help the situation at all. If the roads are a little slick or there's 3 or more inches of snow on the ground, the vehicle gets no traction. I ended up having to put snow tires on just to make it driveable.Just a note of caution for those living in Northern states even those experiencing mild snow conditions.

Great car

by I'm loving it from Sioux City IA | January 26, 2014

My Kia Optima really has out performed all my expectations. The drive on long trips is very comfortable and you feel safe as you drive. The stylish appeal of the lines are amazing. This Kia has performed well in extreme weather changes from 100+ degrees to -25 degrees I am very pleased at how it handles in 1 foot of snow. This is better than I expected to say the least.

Super Car

by Kia Believer from Davenport, Iowa | January 24, 2014

I only have 6,000 miles on my 2010 Optima but I love its looks, features and performance. The mileage is good both on the road and in town but it isn't as good as advertised. This is my second Kia, the first being a 2008 which I still drive. After 40,000 miles it has not given me one problem or concern of any kind. I think KIA makes great cars. Much much more satisfied with KIA than any of the American cars I have owned.

KIA OPTIMA

by KIA DREW from Atlanta, GA | November 27, 2013

Fantastic car love the way it handles. Love the way it looks. Much better pricing compared to other cars in its class

Very Satisfied

by lucky lucy from Kings Park | November 21, 2013

This is my first Kia I every purchased, I've always stuck with Nissan. I decided one day to stop at Kia and take the 2013 Optima EX out for a test drive. I have to say the minute I sat in the car I fell in love with it. It has such a smooth ride. This car is very reliable. (Decided to get the one that is fully loaded) Heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, seats position in memory for driver #1 and driver #2. No problems at all with this car, I would def recommend this car to anyone interested in purchasing or leasing a Kia. The sales people and finance manager over at Smithtown Kia were very helpful and not pushy at all. Very satisfied customer!

The Best Decision Yet!

by Kia Owner For Life from Henrico, VA | November 12, 2013

After months of looking and trying to decide what to buy and help form my daughter who is a Kia owner, I have to admit it took me awhile but I came to my senses once I test drove my new car that had everything I was looking for; dual sunroof, navigation, plenty of leg room, and a classy look that said "this is it." The Kia salesperson was very instrumental in me deciding to go with the color (black) that I purchased, and I am so happy I did...It is "Hot". Thank you Kia!

Best Little Auto in Texas

by Texas Icon from Wichita Falls, Texas | November 11, 2013

Great value. Leather upgrade. Rebadge makes car look more upscale. KIA emblem looked cheap. South Korean emblem is similar to L on a luxury brand. Satellite radio is fantastic. Base motor more than adequate. MPG is really good at 33 combined. While not a leader in the class, this car has so many great features that for me it is a real bargain & top value. More sporty looking than its corporate sibling.