2013 Kia Optima

Available in 3 styles:  2013 Kia Optima 4dr Sedan shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Not the same Kia as before

by Love my kia from Colorado | May 23, 2014

I never thought i would buy a Kia. Probably bc i was old enough to remember the low end cars they started with. This car however is amazing. I was in the market with an open mind to find the best value. After driving Infiniti, Honda, Acura and Toyota, I was sold on the Optima. The car is beautiful, with great space inside and awesome gas mileage. The car is quiet, and though only a 4 cylinder, its pick up is much better than my old v-6. Dont waste your money on the higher end brands, your just paying for the name.. For the quality and warranty that came with my car, I have no regrets at all!

Great car!

by Reality from | May 9, 2014

I have no doubt that there are horror stories about owning an Optima. These stories exist for every other car out there. I have a 2013 EX Turbo in Pearl White and it is fantastic. I looked at an Accord, Mazda 6, Fusion, and Altima. Accord: expensive for a similar car. Mazda 6: No turbo or V-6 power. Fusion: Ecoboost doesn't have the bite of the Theta Turbo. Altima: V-6 is too expensive....owned a 4 cyl already - No thanks. Don't compare the supposed reliability of Volkswagen, BMW, Toyota, etc. Most of it is BS and you can find honest people that will tell you about the constant maintenance on their Passat, A4, or 335i. I only have 19,000 km (11000 miles) on the car, but I have 160,000 km (100000 miles) warranty, so I am not worried. Kia/Hyundai are not the brand that they once were. Do your research.....you will see. The Optima has a great blend of power and fuel economy. You can't expect to get exceptional fuel mileage....it has 274 HP. You are buying it for performance. The interior is well appointed. The steering is tight, but very responsive. Any reports of dead or lackluster steering are false. The car handles and rides great, albeit a sport-style ride. I get stares everywhere I go. People often approach me to ask me how I like my Kia. I read about how people miss their Malibu or other model........please! I drive rental cars often for work purposes and the Malibu doesn't belong in the same class as my EX Turbo. I would stake my reputation on this car. It is my first Kia, but I don't believe that it will be my last. Optima may not be for everyone, but it's worth considering. I love it.

Mediocrity at its best

by Linebacker from At home | April 23, 2014

Looks great but too many negatives. Has good fit and finish. Passenger seat waaaaaay too low. I'm only 5'9" but keep hitting my head on entry. Doesn't get very good gas mileage either. Is comfortable to drive albeit a bit noisy. No comparison to a Honda Accord.

Ride Comfort

by Senior from Palo Alto, CA | April 14, 2014

My wife bought this car, trading-in her 2007 Lincoln Town Car with 57,000 miles as a down payment. As a passenger in the right seat, I felt every bump in the road. The passenger seat sets low and only adjust front and back and tilt. It is not comfortable and I would never travel a long distance in this car. The road noise comes through the flooring and if your listening to the radio, you need to increase the volume to a level higher then the road noise. Even in the first cars I own back in the 1950's, there ride was solid and not bouncy. Compared to the Town Car, the comfort level, the AKI Optima Hybrid is sub-standard to any other car I've driven. However, acceleration, exterior design and options installed are above average. I'm sorry I did not do more research on available hybrid cars.to recommend to her a better economical car.

great Car

by Bluephrog from Burlington, Vermont | March 1, 2014

I've owned a 2012 LX now for 2 years and 33K miles. I love this car. My wife complained about the low passenger seat and I had to buy her a cushion so she could see out. Had to replace the OEM tires but really not that unhappy about it since the OEM's were less than ideal. Poor traction in ANY kind of weather. I have General RT43's now and they are great and really make the car a quieter and more comfortable ride, also much better in snow and rain. I have had NO problems with the car and get 36 mpg on my trips (650 miles) to Pittsburgh, PA. The audio system works well and really like the blue tooth for hands free cell calling.

Love My Kia

by Love My Kia from Gering, NE | January 30, 2014

I love my Kia Optima. Everything about it is great from the fuel mileage to the way it looks. I would recommend THIS car to any one! Did I mention I love this car?

Sporty, Classy & Practical

by Irocgirl from Buffalo, NY | January 29, 2014

I absolutely love this car!!!! I bought a 2011 Optima EX and loved it from the minute I test drove it. I ended up trading it in on a 2013 Optima EX which I currently own. My only complaint is the factory Kumho tires. My 2011 had Nexen's and I never had an issue However, the 2013 has Kumho tires. They're horrible in the snow and they hyrdoplane in the rain. Traction control doesn't help the situation at all. If the roads are a little slick or there's 3 or more inches of snow on the ground, the vehicle gets no traction. I ended up having to put snow tires on just to make it driveable.Just a note of caution for those living in Northern states even those experiencing mild snow conditions.

Great car

by I'm loving it from Sioux City IA | January 26, 2014

My Kia Optima really has out performed all my expectations. The drive on long trips is very comfortable and you feel safe as you drive. The stylish appeal of the lines are amazing. This Kia has performed well in extreme weather changes from 100+ degrees to -25 degrees I am very pleased at how it handles in 1 foot of snow. This is better than I expected to say the least.

Super Car

by Kia Believer from Davenport, Iowa | January 24, 2014

I only have 6,000 miles on my 2010 Optima but I love its looks, features and performance. The mileage is good both on the road and in town but it isn't as good as advertised. This is my second Kia, the first being a 2008 which I still drive. After 40,000 miles it has not given me one problem or concern of any kind. I think KIA makes great cars. Much much more satisfied with KIA than any of the American cars I have owned.

KIA OPTIMA

by KIA DREW from Atlanta, GA | November 27, 2013

Fantastic car love the way it handles. Love the way it looks. Much better pricing compared to other cars in its class