2001 Kia Rio

22 city / 30 hwy

Overall

I own a piece of Junk

by Unlucky from Ironton, OH | October 28, 2013

This car is terrible. I have had to replace almost the entire underneath. I've put axles, wheel berrings, alternator. You name it and I have replaced it. The car still has horrible road noise. I would never buy another car like this.

ugly

by DemiLovato18 from | October 27, 2012

ugly slow and annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no bad car omg horrible

Comfy and a great value

by Chicago A to B Driver from Chicago | August 11, 2012

I bought my 2001 Kia Rio in 2006 from a private seller. I LOVE this car. Great gas mileage, very comfy and I really appreciate the driver's seat arm rest on the right side. It has been very reliable, great on gas and has only needed oil changes, new tires and new brakes. I have had no problems with this car at all and at 90,000 miles it still runs as good today as it did the day I bought it. It reliably gets me from point A to point B in comfort and value. My husband has been after me for a while now to get a new car, but I'm still so happy with my Kia Rio I really don't see the point.

Good Car Overall

by Kelsie from Fargo, ND | November 28, 2011

I got this car just over 8 months ago and I somewhat like it. I bought it used for 2000 dollars and it's okay. It sometimes doesn't stay started on these cold wiinter days but I just have to start it again the second time and it stays started (that's what you get for living in ND). Almost all cars do that here. I think the interior is great, just a little small but you can't complain because the outside tells you just how small the inside is going to be. It is hard to haul around a bunch of friends but I definetly wont complain about the wonderful gas mileage thats for sure! I definetly got what I paid for.

Good Design = Exceptional Value and good handling

by 01KIADRIVER from North Shore, MA | April 4, 2008

04/04/2008 For a car of this size and price, this vehicle has a well designed suspension and is fun to drive. This car is not for racing, but accelerates nicely and remains in 5th gear during up and downs in driving speed more than you'ld expect because of the light weight of the vehicle. Holds speed on grades better than expected as well. Is best with driver and passenger. 3 persons starts to make the suspension action fuzzy. I would not take 4 adults for more than in town travel although the vehicle is supposedly designed to handle it with 96 HP. Then again, 2 skinny boys or girls are equal the weight of myself or one of my passengers. If you are considering this car for commuting, this is an excellent choice. Recent gas mileage surveyed on an 2001 with 93k miles was 31.16MPG based on a combination of driving 300 miles, 200 of which was at 75MPH on mostly shallow grades.

Great first car

by carlover from northumberland county, pa | July 24, 2007

Great small car, moderatly good gas mileage, not a lot of power. Not too many mechanical problems. Good value for the price.

The worst car since the Hugo

by Disappointed car owner from Daytona Beach, FL | February 7, 2007

I bought this car new years ago and haven't been happy with it since. It has cost me a small fortune in repairs to the "time bomb" engine that Kia puts in their cars. I would not suggest this car unless you are going to be trading it in within 2 years.

Reliable little tin can

by Jimbo from Chicago | August 23, 2006

I bought this car used about 30 months ago. The only thing besides the regular maintenance I did was replacing the battery on this car so far. I was surprised how reliable this little car is. The warranty expired and I did not have a chance to use it. The car is small and under power. I would not buy it new as the price is inching closer to Japanese rivals. The depreciation on this is high which makes me to take a risk and buy this for a try. It is perfect for me to get to work. I would not put my family into it though. It got a decent mileage. I average around 26 to 27 miles a gallon with city/highway combined. I get well over 30 miles/gallon with most highway drive. I have auto tran. on this car.

not bad, but not great

by kia rio owner from waco,tx | June 4, 2006

i have had mine for close to 5 years, i bought it with only 27miles on it brand new and still have it, so it does last pretty well. however, i have had to get the frount end aligned 4 times and none of them were covered by the warrenty. it does not have good "get up and go"...has trouble gaining speed on level ground, and when i have the cd player and the ac going at the same time it really pulls on the battery...it hums. the room is great, the price was wonderful, this was my first new car and i've already paid it off. this car would be good for a new driver, or teenager, but i would not suggest this for a family car due to the size and speed. i've enjoied it, but i'm glad to be selling it soon as it just dosn't fill my needs any longer.

Featured Services for this Kia Rio