2004 Kia Rio

26 city / 33 hwy

Overall

Biggest Financial Mistake of My Life

by collegestudent from Rock Hill, SC | August 25, 2011

This car has been nothing but trouble since I bought it. It had 60k miles on it. I paid about 5.5k for it. I have spent close to $5k on repairs! The transmission died at 103k miles, the spark plug wires burned out every 5k miles, and the car is now on its last leg at a mere 110k miles. My car has been dubbed "the cautionary tale" and no one I know will buy a Kia Rio after experiencing my car. It is a complete and utter disappointment. The only good things are the gas mileage and the handling.

Good car for the money.

by guitar man from Rochester, NY | December 12, 2009

Good reliable transportation at an affordable price. Note: Change to timing belt at 60000 miles. I lost the engine at 75000 miles because I did not. I junked the car.

Very Affordable Commuter

by Shaba from Anchorage | May 16, 2009

I owned this car for around a year. Get it at 4 years old at 44k miles. Had no maintenance problem at all. Very good on gas. Nice inside an out. Acceleration is very good for 1.6 engine. Usually I could made 24 MPG city and 34-36 MPG highway.

Kia Rio is alright

by Clarinet Player from Connecticut | February 15, 2009

too small for more than 2 people. AC, CD player/radio, about 30-35 miles/gallon is nice. not too fast.

Truly Happy

by kia owner from Olympia, WA | September 30, 2007

I have been so pleased with this car. The first brand new car I've owned. Driven it 72K miles so far... no breakdowns or unreasonable services required. Just drove down the Oregon coast and averaged 35 miles/gallon. Plenty of room for everything.

Not bad for the money...

by Kia Owner from Columbia, SC | September 4, 2007

I bought a used Kia Rio when it was 3 years old and had 50k miles on it. The car doesnt have the best pickup, but it is 4 cylinders. I drive a standard and have fully manual everything. No power windows or locks. Its very much a back to basics car for me. However, its great on gas mileage (I can get up to 35mpg highway). The car is stylish (I have a spoiler...and a cool color). Its reliable, drives well, and turns on a dime. As a college student, I cant ask for much more.

Worst car ever!!!

by upset car buyer from Utah | April 14, 2007

there are more things wrong with this car than i ever thought there could be. I have it into the shop 2-3 times a year at least for things that are wrong with it. Both window regulators have gone out, the bearings in the back tire are always going bad, and there is always something making noise somewhere. The worst part is they loose there value so fast, that this is the type of car you keep until it is dead. after one year of ownership we lost between 4000-5000 dollars worth of value and we only paid 8,000 for it. we cannot trade it in because the negative equity is too high. never buy this car, unless you like fixer-upers!!!

Featured Services for this Kia Rio