2005 Kia Rio

See Photos & Videos

Overall

GREAT CAR EASY TO DRIVE AND PARK

by Janey from NY NY | August 22, 2011

Great on gas. Minmal repairs. Just routine maintenance and the car keeps on going. A/C is always cold. It now has 118,ooo miles and runs great. My friends want to buy the car. They are stuck with the gas guzzlers.

Never go back to a Rio!

by Chris from Massachusetts | April 15, 2011

So I have to say that the Rio was not the best car for me. The only thing I can say that was good about it was the gas mileage was decent but that even started to fall. I had my car checked many times and keep it in good shape. After a few years of it however it decided to break with its transmission failing on me. I figured I was better of buying a new car than keeping this hunk of junk. I think this car is alright for first time buyers but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else.

cars cars

by cars cars from | July 24, 2010

great car for the price, good gas millage, I think first car buyers or parents buying a first car would be happy with kia rio.

THE BEST, MOST CAR FOR THE MONEY

by Ralph the car guy from New York | February 17, 2008

The car is great on gas. Good style. Interior is very durable. Seats are made of a multi design strong comfortable cloth fiber. Seats have lumbar adjustment, height, etc.... Trunk and gas cap release , the list goes on. Everyone likes the cars looks inside and out. Most of the warranty from Kia is transferable with the car.

NICE EYE CATCHING EXTERIOR DESIGN

by NICK from New York | December 25, 2007

The exterior is really nice. The color i have is black. The interior is very comfortable and easy to keep clean. The car rides like a much larger car. It rides smooth on bumpy roads and has good acceleration. The 4cyl engine is GREAT on Gas. I LOVE THIS CAR. MY WIFE LOVES THIS CAR and she is very very fussy.

One of the worst cars ever built by man.

by Hard on cars from Cleveland OH | May 6, 2007

I recently rented a new 2007 Kia Rio. This car was so bad I took it back the next day and demanded a different car. The rear brakes would hang up on it. It has no power - it almost stalled out on me when trying to get onto the freeway (NOT A GOOD FEELING WITH A SEMI BEHIND YOU). The ride quality was poor, there was no room in the front or back. The only thing I liked was it had a cup holder big enough for my thermos. If you are considering a Kia - keep on looking.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned!

by Christi from Portland, or | October 15, 2006

Really fun to drive! Feels like a go cart on the road. Good gas mileage keeps gas costs down, even when prices soar. Full tank is always under 30 dollars. Very comfortable ride. Very roomy, even with 5 people. Would recommend to anyone!

Poor MPG, dangerously slow

by sad renter II from Ohio | September 1, 2006

I've owned and driven many small cars with 4-cyl engines. This slug with an automatic transmission took almost 8 seconds to reach 35 mph! Dangerously slow. The odd part is it still only got 30 mpg on the highway when I had rented it for a 1500 mile trip. (Its rated for 31 mpg highway -so it's not just me!) I only requested a subcompact so I could be certain of at least 35 mpg while gas was at $3/gal. Little did I know how terrible this was. It is so non-responsive you have to really plan pulling onto a 35 mph road or even lane changes. Own this? I'll refuse to even rent one! btw: Who even thinks to check out the CD player and find out it has NO provison to skip songs. Seems minor until you're on a long trip and stuck with an annoying CD player. I've driven and enjoyed the Optima from Kia and I've owned a Festiva (Kia built) for 11 years. I even enjoyed a Chevy Cobalt. So understand where I'm coming from when I say this car really was bad! I have to go back to a desiel Chevy Chevette with auto trans to find something this terrible for acceleration.

Featured Services for this Kia Rio