2007 Kia Rio

32 city / 35 hwy

Overall

Great as a first car!

by Ashley from | February 12, 2013

I absolutely love this car! It was my first car and I would definitely reccomend it to parents looking to get their child a good first car. The interior is huge, as is the trunk. She is extremely compact and easy to park. The acceleration and brakes are sensitive, but the brakes work super incredibly well and the acceleration is really slow. The brakes actually saved me from an accident. As a 16 year old girl, I was targeted by a few men. I was on a freeway with a wall to my right. All of a sudden, a huge truck gets in front of me and another one to the left of me. The truck in front of me suddenly stopped and I slammed on my brakes. I was so delightfully surprised at how quickly the car stopped. It honestly saved my life. This car has amazing visibility. I've had this car for 2 years and I have never almost hit someone due to a blind spot or lack of visibility. The visibility is really astounding. It has a small tank, but it has great fuel economy. Overall, this is a great, safe, reliable car. If I had the chance to get a new car, I would still choose a Kia Rio.

Safe and Strong

by Victoria from Phoenix, AZ | September 20, 2011

I was recently in an accident in which I was rear-ended. The impact was strong and quick. However, My car suffered visibly mininal damage to the bumper and trunk areas and was operable after the accident. The vehicle of the driver who rear-ended me had to be towed as it received severe front-end damage. Shock=absorbent safety features are what appealed to my purchasing decisions when considering my car. I'm keeping my Kia Rio for the duration of its life span.

Flabberghastingly Amazing

by JoeJoe from The Northland | June 7, 2011

42 miles to the gallon! This is by far the most feul efficient car we have had in my family. The only bad thing about ours is that we drive it so much in the country in winter, that the tires spin a lot and we are reguired to replace then every so often. The only other bad/good thing is that it is a manual transmission, which means it is a stick and it makes everything just a little more difficult...

Perfect for what we need it for

by silver bullet from Luverne, MN | April 4, 2010

The only problem we've had is that the rubber part in the seal of the doors wasn't fixed by dealer when we bought it and requested it. We also ate at a drive-inn with the radio going and it died quickly. Otherwise it is perfect for what we need. Gas mileage is from 31-37.

good value

by mike from louisville | November 17, 2009

great fuell milage.factory warranty better on used Kia than ford ,chevy,toyota...transferablle 5 year 60K bumper to bumper....beat that

Emergency Car

by Car Lover from Waukesha, WI | December 2, 2007

This car is very nice. It has some features like air conditioning on the LX and SX models. The base model doesn't have those. The thing that amazes me is that there is variable inteminnent winshield wipers. A hubcap fell off already even though it is a 2007 and has 8000 miles. This is a very good car.

Very Economical to buy and own and very reliable

by fordguy from Riverside, CA | November 13, 2007

First off I am not a small car person. My first car was a 1971 Ford Galaxie 500, that set the standard for the cars I would gravitate towards in the future. The 2007 Kia Rio was not even on my radar, but my wife was tired of the land yhats, and wanted something smaller so that she would feel comfortable driving it, combined with the surging gas prices I caved and we bought it back in July. I at first hated the car but over time I have grown to like it. It is surprisingly peppy considering that it is only a 1.6 liter, I am very pleased with the handling as well, I tend to be an aggressive driver and the little car's steering responce is quick and precice for an economy car. I commute 50 miles a day to work and I am averaging about 35mpg which is not bad considering that much of my commute is stop and go L.A. traffic. I have put 14k miles on the car since I bought it in July and other than oil changes and Tire rotations I have not had to do anything to this car other than gas and go. While the front seats are surprisingly comfortable and well suited for long trips, the back seat is very small and if you have anybody in the front over 5'0" tall the rear leg room is reduced to nearly nothing. The fit and finish could be better, the plastics in the car while improved vastly from previous Rio's, it still feels a little cheap. The car is very quiet and sure-footed on most roads although rough roads will produce quite a few sqeaks and rattles, and can get rather bouncy leaving your kidneys to absorb the the Rio's suspension could not.

ok

by car lover from San Fransisco | October 7, 2007

It is a very good car. It Is realiable. I love it. great Price.a/C on lx and sx. overall great car. needs more features though

Not a good car

by Amiee from Dallas, TX | July 12, 2007

This car is my very first car I've owned and I feel that this car is a good starter car. This car is very affordable. However I do not recommend any one to purchase this vehicle. One good thing is that it has a driver seat arm rest. The End.

Featured Services for this Kia Rio