2008 Kia Rio

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Good car for the $

by Billybob from CT | November 6, 2013

I get 32-40 mpg but normally around 34-35. Car has been pretty reliable - only issue I've had is the airbag light came on - (supposed to be a recall). Some road noise and the shocks could be better but typical of a car of this cost. The transmission is not as smooth when pulling off as it could be. Seems like it lurches to start. Otherwise an excellent car

Got a great econo box with excellent mileage.

by Non stop Rio in the North East. from Upstate New York | March 10, 2010

I bought my '08 Rio Lx with the power package in Aug '08. I drive my Rio 140 miles round trip for work and get 37 MPG.I am on 41 K now and not a single problem, No, I am sorry Snow,Not recommended. I do see the problem with slow shifting that others have said, but I am sure that it was there when the car was new. kepp on trucking my long haul commuters.

this is a lemon

by charlie1 from kentucky | December 9, 2008

i have a 2008 kia rio lx transmission does not shift right even after a new one was put in trunk still leaks after kia fixed it 3 times i have had it in the shop 6 times since july 08 the worst car i ever owned lemon

great car

by happy owner from los angeles ca | October 31, 2008

very happy all around on this car.best economy car i ever owned ,great deal for the money i would recomend this vehicale to anyone looking for a great tranportation vehicale. this car has good hwy power as well as great fuel economy and still provides a confortable ride

worst car

by Joc from virgina | October 11, 2008

Bought my rio in july of 2008. I had it untill 2,700 miles when it broke down on my way to florida. I was driving for 2 hours on the highway at around 70 mph when i heard a beeping noise and than the car started smoking.I pulled over and opened the hood when all i saw was smoke.I called kia and they said it probly over heated.a day later i tried to start it but all it did was crank.Still waiting for a replacement while the car sits in the drive way.Anyways the cars pretty slow, uncomfortable, and unreliable.though i got great mpg.

An excelent car for my Going-College-and-Job son

by A demanding consumer from Houston, Texas | October 8, 2008

Great value for your money (safety, styling, warranty!, reliability and color-sunset orange-). Great option out there on this difficult economic times and if you think green for the environment.

Great gas mileage, enjoy driving

by Looking for great mileage from Portland, Oregon | June 19, 2008

We purchased our 2008 Rio March LX 2008 and have enjoyed the drive. Road noise can be heard but not excessive. Engine RPM at 60mph is 3000rpm which seems high. Seems like the 5 speed manual trans needs a 6th gear, but the 34MPG we got is great. We were looking for a $10,000 car with 30+ MPG and got it with the RIO.

Featured Services for this Kia Rio