2010 Kia Rio

28 city / 34 hwy

Overall

my miracle car

by Debbie from Chesapeake Va | October 9, 2014

I just bought a Kia! from Mike Numan auto sales and i just love it!! the sales person (Robie Kinsley) treated me like a sister! I am bringing my son-in-law down so they can get a truck.

really STUPID design choice for manual trans.

by Mr. Pennypincher from Cincinnati, OH | May 4, 2011

The entire shift range is too "low", that is, one shifts into 5th gear at 30mph. The engine runs at 3500rpm at 70mph. Therefore there is no chance to use more efficient (wider open) throttle settings at highway speeds (with lower rpm's and less engine wear). For me, mileage is ~ 10% lower than my 2000 Hyundai Accent (175000 miles), and this is with an engine with a variable camshaft (read: more expensive and complicated). This car was not designed with any rational customers in mind.

Great Car for the Money

by Daily Commuter from Northern Virginia | November 24, 2010

I purchased a 2010 KIA Rio at the beginning of July 2010 to replace my expensive luxury SUV. The gas and maintenance of the luxury SUV for a 100 mile per day work commute was costing me plenty. I looked around the small car market and found the Rio to be the right price, good fuel mileage, nice features, and decent ride. I figured I was giving up on the leather seats and all things SUV. The exterior styling isn't going to blow you away with creativity, but the 2010 model enhances/cleans up some of the lines and makes the car look a bit bigger than what it is - it's pleasant to look at and no awkward angles from any view - I gave it 4 out of 5. After 5 months I've put on almost 11,000 miles. I've filled up the tank 33 times and have an average mpg of 32.2. My worst tank of gas was 28.3 and the best was 38.9. Other than an oil change and tire rotation, the car hasn't had any other out of pocket expense. The check engine light did come on, but recall SA042 upgraded the PCM unit (Power Control Module) without a problem. Living in the car for two hours a day over the past 5 months has given me a pretty good opportunity to learn the good/bad of the interior. While not on par with luxury leather seats of my SUV, I can honestly say the cloth seats do a nice job supporting the various body positions during my drive. I also have the tan colored interior - it's nice not to get the buns burned from the sun heated seats. There are three cup holders in-between the two front seats - that's ok for one or two people but not adequate for any back seat passengers. Gauges and controls are readable -I do miss an ambient air temperature gauge for outside - sometimes, particularly as it's starting to get cold and potentially freezing roads, it's nice to know the air temp which I've previously had in all of my vehicles. Sound system is good - I have the optional tweets in the doors - sat radio - fm/am - cd - all sound good - even a connector for mp3/ipod. I really do enjoy the ability of being able to control all of that from the steering wheel - first time for me and it's a good safety feature of not having to take the hands off the wheel. I also have the power package - so windows, door locks, etc. work as they all should. The back seat is kinda cramped - but it is what it is for a small car with four doors - I look at the back seat as a bonus for times when needed. Overall I gave interior design and comfort 4 stars - its functional good for the space provided and price paid. Overall the Kia Rio has been a pleasant surprise to own and drive. It has made my 100 mile round trip commute to work pleasant and economical. Highly recommend to anyone else to give the Rio a good look if searching for a daily commuter.

happy with my rio

by sporty from cebu, phil | May 17, 2010

I have been driving my rio for about a month now...It's fantastic...I'm happy I made the right choice. I find myself safe and relax while driving my car. One thing I would have been thankful for is, I hope it is also equipped with AUX so I can play my i touch.