2011 Kia Rio

Available in 3 styles:  2011 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

My first car

by Rio owner from Ogunquit, me | January 3, 2014

Although it is not comfortable, fast, or stylish in or out, this is an incredible car. I LOVE this car. I have had it since Jan 2011. This car is awesome on gas. I can get up to 40 mpg on long road trips! My rio is pretty good in snow too. It hasn't given me any trouble in the 90,000 miles I have driven it. When I graduate college, I will be purchasing another Rio :)

Not fancy, but overall a good, basic car.

by Frost from Detroit, MI | November 18, 2013

I own a 2011 Kia Rio LX with the Value Package. It's a good, all-round basic car. It's not luxurious like a Lincoln or a Cadillac. It's not fast like a Camaro or a Mustang. Then again, that's not what I bought it for. I needed a good, inexpensive, reliable car, and it fits that bill perfectly. I've driven Coast-to-Coast in it. I've driven it through the Cascades and Sierra Nevada mountains. I've driven it in the Mojave desert and through a Michigan winter. It's always performed well and never let me down. It's economical to drive, so long as the 'Eco' light stays on. If you drive fast enough that it goes off, the gas mileage drops. I find that happens around 79 MPH. If you drive in the desert, make sure the A/C refrigerant level is topped-off. It can be sensitive to that, and if it isn't full, the air won't blow as cold. Do not expect it to accelerate as if it has a V-6. The drive train isn't made for speed or fast acceleration. That said, it does exactly what I bought it to do, and it does it well. Couple that with the best warranty in the automotive industry, and you've a car that, if properly maintained, should be a keeper. I adore my '11 Rio, and plan upon keeping it until the wheels fall off it, somewhere in the next decade.

Worst gas mileage ever

by Taken for a ride from Orange County, CA | April 22, 2013

Bought this car to commute, Here's the deal folks - IT ONLY GETS 20 MILES TO THE GALLON FWY - compare that to the 28 MPG I get in my 13 year old 6 cylinder Town and Country van. Too bad - cute, comfortable car, but less than 200 miles per tank. Gonna have to ditch it ASAP

Has a design flaw Kia will not fix!

by Design Flaw! from Fort Worth, TX | August 10, 2012

The dipstick tube is too close to the manifold and fries your oil and leaves black gunk all in your engine!