2012 Kia Rio

Available in 3 styles:  2012 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2012 Rio Fully Loaded

by Love My Rio from San Antonio, TX | June 30, 2014

I looked for a car that would give me great gas mileage and considered the Chevy Cruze but it didn't offer me what I wanted. I paid around $20K for this car, way above the normal asking price listed here but it came with every available upgrade except the heated seats which we really don't need in south Texas and I got the bumper to bumper extended warranty since I keep my cars for an average of 10 years. I have the backup camera, folding mirrors, UVO, heated rearview mirrors, trunk mat etc. etc. I have had 0 problems with this car. I was even able to get the dealer to reprogram the computer so my door locks don't automatically unlock when the car is put in park. We have a lot trains here in Texas and some of them are very long. I didn't feel comfortable having my doors unlock every time I put the car in park. Now the only time it unlocks is when I turn off the car. I always try to get a car color that everyone else isn't driving. I was very happy to get the car in chestnut. I later found that 2012 was the only year they offered that color so I won't see myself coming around every corner. If you can't tell, I love my Rio. We even got 42 miles to the gallon on the long drive back from Florida and that's the only time that has happened. It takes a long road with even starts and stops to get that so it isn't "usual". It normally sits around 30 between local and highway driving. I was pleased to find there were no recalls for this car with GM in the news so much lately. I would recommend a Kia to everyone!

Perfect automobile for me.

by Retired run around. from Williamsport, PA | August 23, 2012

Having owned a Kia Spectra, I find the Kia to be very dependable in all kinds of weather. I also like the interior design because of the comfort and having everything right at my fingertips. I can do 90% of the functions necessary right on the steering wheel; the others are close to me on the dash. If I receive a phonecall on my cellphone while driving, I can answer it with a push of a button; there is no fumbling for the phone and holding it to talk. This is something all cars should have in them. I also like the backup camera because if there is anything in the way I can see it before I run over it and damage the undercarriage of the car. If I decide to purchase another vehicle in the years to come, it will be another Kia. The gas prices today dictate we need to find a vehicle which is good on gas; well the Kia is (42 miles to the gallon). I would recommend this car to anyone looking for something with style, economically good on gas, and very safe.

Pass the pump

by T-MAN from Saint Charles missouri | July 3, 2012

I was looking for a car that was rated 40 plus miles per gallon i had looked at hondas and the new chevy cruz. They both had impressive mpg but man they wanted more out of these cars than i wanted to spend. i was chatting with a co-worker and he is the proud owner of a kia rio and he stated to me that he would not look at another car. his rio at the time had 135,00 and no mechinacal issues. He highly recomended kia. I pondered it for a bit and then went and test drove one and i thought it was ok so i bought a sliver SE with the 17inch wheels looked sharp. I was told that it would get upto 40 mpg so i filled it up and watched the mpg closly it started in the high 30's then i hit40 and after 2500 miles it got better i was getting mid to high 40's like 47 mpg. i am very impressed at this point then it got better after 8000 miles the best that i have received is 55.5 miles per gallon i know its had to believe but i have all gas reciepts and all records i have also pictures of the mpg counter on the car showing the same. This is a great car and for the money and the milage dont sell kia short i enjoy mine so way much.

Love my Rio

by Mousie from Brookville, IN | July 3, 2012

Of all the cars I have owned, this is the first car which really fits me. I am under 5' tall and have had difficulty in having clear vision and finding comfort in other cars. The small windows next to the windshield give me much better peripheral vision at crosswalks and 4 way stops, for example. I get compliments on the design of my car; it is peppy and gets great mileage. My only criticism is that the passenger seat is very low and cannot be raised, causing my passengers some discomfort. All in all, I am delighted with my Rio.

fits me like a glove

by kia rio convert from Malelane, Sout Africa | June 18, 2012

This is the first new car I have ever owned and it took a lot of consideration and research before I made the decision. I didn't even test drive her, but I fell in love with her the minute I saw her. She is somfortable and is the perfect car for me...sexy, stylish, comfortable and easy to handle. I love her!

Great Value

by Stukia from Palm Desert Ca. | June 1, 2012

This car would be a perfect car but for the seats. They are the cheepest most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in. I am 6 2" weigh 240==Hard, stiff seats take away from such a great vehicle--A shop here in town is going to rebuild the seats for $500 and then I should have no problems--Great fuel economy--great looks--lots of zip===what more can you ask for--(BETTER SEATS)

Awesome

by Ken with Kia from Atlanta, Ga | April 14, 2012

I purchased the 2012 Kia Rio LX with the help of a recommendation and not knowing anything about the brand. The gas mileage is awesome and with it's sleek exterior, it'll stay in style for a long time. Excellent buy! The more you drive it the better the gas mileage you get! One time I got 43mpg within the first month of driving it!

reliability

by rockgod from pittsburgh pa | March 4, 2012

excellent small car. good features for the price . the only drawback is the small trunk. the fuel economy is beat for highway use. the more you drive it the better the fuel mileage. the transmission shifts very smooth and you can barely hear it. more interior room than the outsides looks.

Great car

by strech from Utah | February 12, 2012

I am 6`5 and have plenty of leg room. Great on gas and fun to drive. I bought the EX HB and my only gripe is the rear view . The window needs to be a little bigger.

RIO 5 Door SX Is Best In Class

by BobbyT from Upstate South Carolina | January 30, 2012

The 5 door SX is a phenomenal car, best in class. Lots of interior room, nimble handling, brisk acceleration, comfortable on the highway/long trips, fantastic warranty, and nifty high tech features. It has LED Running/Brake Lights, a Rear View Camera, heated outside mirrors that fold in with the push of a button, and terrific fuel economy. Per Snowman's review, if he went with the SX, the rear view camera would negate his appropriate rear visibility comment. I was pleasantly surprised by the ability of the RIO to pass other cars on the highway. In addition, at high speeds on the Interstate, engine RPMs are relatively low, which means the engine is just cruising. And if all of the above wasn't enough, the five door RIO is one of the best looking cars on the road. Numerous people came up to me and offered very positive comments on the looks.