2010 Kia Rio5

28 city / 34 hwy

Overall

Great little car

by BTAX from Oceanside NY | August 22, 2013

The Rio5 has been a great car for everyday commuting and has been extremly reliable with the exeption of the coil packs(4) that have had to be replaced. I am not that happy with the brakes (if you hit a bump while hard braking the car appears to jump in the air. Also the 1.6 does provide great power but with the AC on full the power seems down atleast 25 HP. Last I camp several times a year(tent coolers) and the RIO 5 just does not enjoy the extra weight ( it would be equivelent to 4 adults).

20,000 miles strong

by OneFriedTater from Ocala, FL | August 17, 2010

I love my Kia! Very realiable, fantastic on gas and it moves when you need it to. I purchased the 5 speed only because it seemed to have more of a pick up than the automatic version. May just be me though..test drive both and decide for yourself. Engine sounds a bit raspy at high speed but certainly does not detract from performance. Shifting is smooth, and maintence has been a breeze. Kia has top notch service. I've owned many cars and this one by far has been the easiest. Car would be perfect if Kia would add the option for a Sunroof ;o) The only downside I can think of is that this car is not for a larger person, I am 5'7 and find there is plenty of room...but if your taller you may feel cramped.

20.000 miles on our 2008 Rio5 SX

by Bluepapa from Panama City, Florida | March 12, 2010

We love our little Kia and economy is spot on.We've recorded MPG as high as 36 at nominal speeds and as low as 29mpg on I-65 averaging over 90 MPH for 5 hrs.Comfort is a little tight for 6 ft/ 275 lb man but not awful.400 mile trips are easily handled.Love the engine although a little noisy at high RPM.Keep the engine over 4000 rpm's and have some fun.I dearly love downshifting at 65 and passing.Handles well, little body roll and front discs haul it down eagerly.I'd like discs on the rear and 25 or 30 more horsepower.Dealer is very attentive and cordial.I plan to buy one for myself next year so I don't have to share with my wife.Maybe I'll get the available exhaust package for some more performance.

Featured Services for this Kia Rio5